News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt List, A Few Games This Weekend  (Read 533 times)

Offline MrBGone

1500pt List, A Few Games This Weekend
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »
Hey guys,
I was able to get in a few games this weekend and ended up using a 1500pt list I wouldn’t normally use.  One game was against Witch Hunters and the second and third were against Daemonhunters.  Both armies were heavily mechanised.  The Daemonhunter player sporting 2 Land Raiders. 

All 3 games ended up being kill point missions and as a Tyranid player I never really expect those to turn out all that well for me.  To my great surprise all games went extremely well and I was able to win all of them.  I had to move across the board to get at my opponents and had to go second in two of the 3 games but my nids held up amazingly and put a real hurt on my opponents.  Here is the list I was using.

HQ;
1. Tyranid Prime
   Lash Whip & Bonesword
   Deathspitter
   Toxin Sacs

Elite:
1. Deathleaper
2. Zoanthrope x 2
3. Venomthrope

Troops:
1. Hormagaunts x 20
   Toxin Sacs
2. Genestealers x 9
   Broodlord with Scything Talons
   Toxin Sacs
3. Genestealers x 9
   Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support:
1. Carnifex
   2 x Scything Talons
   Bio Plasma
   Frag Spines
   Regeneration
2. Trygon Prime
   Adrenal Glands
   Regeneration
   Toxin Sacs

I don’t use a Broodlord or a Carnifex that often any more but they were my saving grace in all three games.  The Broodlords Hypnotic Gaze is awesome and the Fex took out 2 Land Raiders, an Exorcist Tank, and a couple of Rhinos.  Also the Tyranid Prime and a Broodlord together are a great way to deal with Saint Celestine.  Any comments or questions would be great guys.  Just thought I would share the list.