News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Tale of One Nob  (Read 1176 times)

Offline inicholcm

• goes off with a big mallet to find my next patient
    • Da Tale of one Ork
The Tale of One Nob
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »
Hi all

Been lurking here for a bit and have decided to start up a new 40k army after a very long absence. After much debating I have finally decided to go for Orks and as the thread title suggests. I am planning on using ‘The Tale of Four Gamers’ approach. I will be using the original method with a few modifications.

Da Roolz
I will have £25 (or teef) to spend each month on army purchases (more about the different types of purchases later). Although this won’t allow for many models a month, I want to try and model and paint the army to a display standard (rather than gaming standard), so fewer models a month will be better for me. Also, because of my location, I won’t often be able to play games very often (three or four times a year), so having a playable army quickly isn’t a priority.

My monthly purchase will fall into one of three categories:

Army Purchases – these will be any models from the Ork Range (this is what will count towards my teef spent
Hobby Purchases – this will be any modelling supplies, books etc.
Gubbinz Purchases – These will be any purchases of models from other ranges in order to do conversions (as I no longer have a bitz box).

The first month will NOT have a larger budget.

Each months models must be painted by the end of the month.

Regular updates to this thread will be made, with WIP pictures when available.

Any unspent teef can be added to the next months purchases.

The first month of the project will be July

So, those are da roolz.

Now onto my thoughts about the Horde:

I have always loved the game GorkaMorka, so this will heavily influence my purchases and modelling. Two things about GorkaMorka that I loved were the Docs and Meks, and so my horde will be heavily influenced by the Doks and Meks, and have lots of Orks who have undergone ‘surjury’ and vehicles that have undergone ‘improvements.’ I may also model my characters and Nobz to look like Doks or Meks and some of the boyz who will be apprentice doks and meks. Being a GorkaMorka fan, I will obviously be using lots of buggies, bikes, truks and anything else that goes fast.

Your comments and criticisms welcome.
My Ork army building Blog http://dataleofoneork.blogspot.com/

Offline inicholcm

• goes off with a big mallet to find my next patient
    • Da Tale of one Ork
Re: The Tale of One Nob
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2009, 07:47:19 AM »
Hi all

I will be posting my progress on a central blog (as I am on several forums), if you want to keep track of my progress, the blog is http://dataleofoneork.blogspot.com/

My Ork army building Blog http://dataleofoneork.blogspot.com/