News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How kiddiefied is your local GW store.  (Read 3126 times)

Offline nerdking

• Who doesn't love a heavy bolter?
Re: How kiddiefied is your local GW store.
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2006, 11:12:47 AM »
I never play at my local GW Store, mostly because its not all that local to me.  But there are tonnes of rugrats there, and they wouldn't be so bad if they knew how the game is played.  Its why I usually play at my local hobby shop, less kids.
"Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die."

Offline thebigkr

• Man, it feels good to be a gangster.
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2006, 11:20:16 AM »
No GW stores here in North Carolina, but the hobby stores that are here get overrun by a group of around 6 or so 12-year-olds.  One hobby store was imho shut down because the little kids with their screaming and argueing and running around in a closed space scared away the customers (it was a general hobby store, not just 40k.)

When the gaming groups moved over to a different hobby store, it was about a month before the little kids struck again, driving away the adults who couldn't stand them, luckily the owner stepped in soon to alleviate the problems, told the parents to stop treating the store like a day care.  'Course, the store shut down later due to the owner having to move north to take care of his parents.

Luckily, a new store opened up recently, and the kids haven't arrived yet.  hallelujah.
Current gaming group nickname: Sardine

Armies:
Templars of Azul (custom chapter)
Deathwing
Daemonhunters

"There is no such thing as overkill.  There is only 'i need a bigger gun' and 'i need a reload'."

I said this when i was about to unleash 16 power weapon attacks from my space marine command squad on a single guardsman.

Offline Doomhammer

• I live once more!
    • My profile on a really cool site.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2006, 03:09:46 PM »
Age and height are not factors as to who should be allowed, it's how old you ACT. I go down to my local GW (Brighton) every Sunday, and I'm only 12, but I've beaten my fair share of older people, act my age, and bring pizza for people (okay, me) to eat. I have a friend who can't be 1.5 metres who beats me half the time we play!
FOR DOOMHAMMER!

Offline johhny-turbo

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »
The GW store I usualy go to has a no one over 12 without parent and it's actually enforced most of the time.

There's another one nearby which I haven't been to in awhile but they play music that almost no one under 12 can stand so they have an effective repellent to lol.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:09:39 PM by johhny-turbo »
"The great thing about getting shot by a lasbolt is that they immediately cauterize the wounds they just caused"- Commissar Ciaphas Cain