News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1250pt Iron Warriors  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
1250pt Iron Warriors
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:51:00 PM »
Going to a Tournament on Sunday, this is what I'm thinking on running at 1250pts.

Iron Warriors Combined Arms Detachment

HQ

Daemonprince of Tzeentch, Wings, ML3, Spell Familiar, Fleshmetal Exoskeleton

Troops

x6 squads of 1 obliterator

Elites

x3 terminators with combi-plas and lighting claws

Fast

x3 Bikes
x2 meltaguns, lighting claw

Heavy Support

Havocs
x5, x1 meltagun, champ with power axe
rhino

Havocs
x5, x1 meltagun, champ with lightning claw
rhino

So, lots of firepower. Prince will take Psychic Shriek, and will probably roll his other two powers on tzeentch (hoping for Baleful Devoltion, and/or treason). Terminators deepstrike. Oblit's can deepstrike too (maybe a couple to try and drop on objectives. I can potentially (based on my opponent) deploy just the prince, who flies T1, and then keep everything else in reserve. The Prince with a 2+ re-rollable armor save, and 6+ FNP should hopefully be hard to deal with.

Not sold on the Havocs, but they are more bodies and the Rhino's I want to protect the Prince with in case I need to null deploy against Genestealer Cults, or Drop Pods.

I just love having obliterators as troops :D

I have a helbrute and a vindicator I can also bring in, but I don't think they are any more useful then what's already in the list.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:09:00 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: 1250pt Iron Warriors
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »
6x1 Obliterators... you cheesy.... just kidding  ;D ;D ;D. I love it! At first I didn't see the Obliterators or just thought they were a single unit... having 6 of them is fantastic and I love that they are all split up. I also like the variety of units... Daemon Prince, Bikes, CSM's, Termies and Oblits... its a great spread visually and you've got things rocking and reeling in almost every phase of the game... except perhaps assault. But this is an Iron Hands army so its gotta be shooty. Overall I really like it. I do think it'll be a bit challenging to play against the ubiqitous Riptide Wing and Jetbike spam (but thats a challenge for anyone NOT playing those lists) but against everything else... like Battle Company etc. It should do very well.

Can this fit into a Chaos Warband? You must be pretty close... Although I think you are missing a Lord to make that happen. Doesnt really matter anyways, as I really like this list and wouldn't drop the Prince for a Lord. Very cool stuff KS, can't wait to hear how you do. Keep us posted!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 1250pt Iron Warriors
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »
Best part, is that each obliterator has objective secured 😂

I could bring a warband, but in 1250pts I have to drop either the obliterators or daemon Prince. The benefits iron Warriors get from the warband are minimal, so it's better to just take a cad.

At 1850, I'll be running a cad and a warband so almost my whole army will be objective secured.

I'll let you know how it goes. Should be around 14 people showing up I think.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria