News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ghost warriors box- iyanden  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Battlekai

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Ghost warriors box- iyanden
« on: April 4, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »
Hey guys

I've been away from 40k a long time and was looking to start again. I've seen the ghost warriors box and like the idea of a wraith army.

Can I build a decent list with this box set. Not all about winning as long as its fairly fun.  The box is 1 wraith knight, 2 wraith lords and 15 wraith guard.

Thanks!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Ghost warriors box- iyanden
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2015, 04:37:13 AM »
Well first of all hello there and welcome to 40konline^^ let's get started

I think you can build a descent army just because you have a wraithknight in here ;) If you Haven't bought the codex yet let me suggest you to wait until mai as a new one is underway.

If you look around you will see that wraith list aren't that uncommon, and they are fairly competitive in friendly environment. This box is very good fluff wise as the number if each units is pretty nicely caculated. So that it make sense in the fluff. You will have a lack in mobility and no hq choice in this box. So i would suggest a few things to get with this.
1 Get spiritseer, it's a pretty descent hq choice not too expensive and work very well with wraithlist game wise and fluff wise.
2 concider buying some mobility team. The biggest flows of wraithlist is the fact that they are fairly slow, with the Iyanden suplement that's not really true, but same as before if not bought already wait for the new codex in mai. So gor mobility i would suggest some warp spider, if they stay as they are now, in the new dex, they are going to be deadly efficient, so keep that under your arm, or if you don't like warp spider concider having a serpent or 2 to had to this list.

Remenber yet again i would wait for having the new dex before buying anything but that box and a spiritseer. I say that because this box is pretty cost effective, compare to buying them as stand alone, in worth case you can always sell on ebay what you are not using.

There you go hope it helped, wait for other opinion as i am not the most accurate of all the eldar poster in here ;) cheers
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Battlekai

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2015, 04:44:22 AM »
Thanks for your reply

I found a stockist that has the box for $290aud with $25 shipping

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2015, 05:40:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum :).

I would strongly advise you to hold off buying anything for another month.  The forthcoming changes to Eldar, including a new codex, may influence your decision about whether to buy this boxed set.

Assuming the rules don't change too much, Wraith armies are quite a strong army type for the Eldar these days, so if there were no rule changes coming in the foreseeable future, I'd say go for it.  Aesthetically, the Wraith models (apart from the Wraithknight) are beautiful, so if you want to field some in your army regardless of the rules, then by all means get some.  The Wraithguard, in particular, are far superior to the old metal versions that GW used to produce.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:45:45 PM »
It's a good investment and it becomes a basis for your Eldar Army. I love the fluff for Iyanden and based my Craftworld about it and Biel-Tan, which covers most of the armies for Eldar.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 04:02:18 AM »
GO GO GADGET WRAITH...... This is my favorite army to play right now, took me to 3rd place at our local tourney back in January. It was all wraith, no transports or anything else but a crimson hunter, for you know, in case I needed air support. Turned out I didn't but it sure looked good on the battle field anyhow. I don't think even a new dex would mess this up and see it as a good investment like stated by our good bud, haunt.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 12:21:20 AM »
From the looks of the coming setup, invest in Wraithknight due to him being a Gargantuan creature. 2 of its weapons are destroyers, so it is time to get into the fastest moving in your face model and have destroying enemy heavy units.

Post Merge: April 19, 2015, 11:31:52 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

I do suggest some Harlie backups and trust me, you'll enjoy the outcome.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:31:52 AM by haunt »
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat