News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Build my Ardboys for me =)  (Read 379 times)

Offline oefgator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Build my Ardboys for me =)
« on: July 7, 2009, 10:04:07 PM »
Hey guys I am going to post what models I have and I would greatly appreciate you all taking a couple minutes to build some lists for me.

HQ
Marneus Calgar Term Armor
Tigurius
Chaplain Term Armor
Chaplain Jump Pack
Chaplain Bike
Librarian Term Armor
Librarian Jump Pack

Elite
Ven Dread with assault cannon
Dred with ass cannon
Dred with ass cannon
20 termies with 2 ass cannon and 2 cyclone missile
15 assault termies any build

troops
50 tactical marines with 3 lascannon and 4 missile launcher and any assortment of plasma and melta and flamer

10 scouts with 8 sniper rifle 1 pfist sgt and 1 heavy bolter

heavy support

predator with autocannon and lascannon sponsons
whirlwind
landraider
landraider
landraider crusader
landraider  crusader/redeemer

fast attack
10 assault marines with packs 2 plasma pistols
landspeeder with multimelta
attack bike with multi melta

transports
5 drop pods
1 rhino
1 razorback with lascannon and twinlinked plasma

i have been agonizing over many lists but i cannot decide what i want to play.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Build my Ardboys for me =)
« Reply #1 on: July 7, 2009, 10:35:33 PM »
it is really unfair to the people of this forum to ask for them to write you a list as we have no input aside from your models what you are looking for.  do you want an emphasis on infantry?  mech?  what your play style is.

best idea is to write a few lists that you think will work and post them... asking for critique and which is a better list.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline oefgator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 7, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »
To be honest, I have played a ton of tourneys for the past 14 years on and off. 9 times out of ten i will palce in thee top three or win. I have played infantry and mech alike, this has been the only 40k army i have ever played. I am just looking for some outside input or some fresh ideas. I do not really want to purchase anymore models for ardboys. I just want the most competitive list you can come up with for the upcoming tourney with the models I have.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »
With all those Land Raiders and Terminators, you could build a list similar to mine here: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=185451.0.

Replace the Rhinos with Drop Pods and you've got a very mechanized Space Marine list.

Alternatively, bring a Troops-heavy list with five Tactical Squads in Drop Pods and a Squad of Sniper Scouts with Camo Cloaks.  Put Locator Beacons on the three Drop Pods you will bring in on Turn 1 and maybe give a Teleport Homer to the Scout Sergeant.  Then Teleport a bunch of Terminators in from Reserves as support.  Tigurius would be nice, but a Librarian in Terminator Armor would be better.  Third choice would be a Chaplain in Terminator Armor.

A third idea is to go with three Land Raider (variant)s, three Dreadnoughts, and fill the rest of your points with an HQ and Tactical Squads.  You can put three of them in the Land Raiders and either put the rest in the Rhino/Razorback or in Drop Pods.

Either go all Mech, or none at all (except the Drop Pods  :D).

I hope these ideas help.

NewHeretic
« Last Edit: July 9, 2009, 10:25:18 AM by NewHeretic »
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Jangus

« Reply #4 on: July 9, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »
Yea you can't rely on other people to write your army lists for you. You have to make your army lists on your playing style, we all could easily design a list for you out of all those models you have (far more than I do!) But you would probably have different tatics on how to play them.

;D,jangus