News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40K Doubles Tourney August 30th in Boston  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Cairnius

• Newest
40K Doubles Tourney August 30th in Boston
« on: August 10, 2008, 03:24:05 PM »
On Saturday, August 30th the 'Arvard 'Ardboyz, a wargaming club based in Cambridge, MA and co-sponsors of the 2008 Boston Massacre, will be holding our annual Warhammer 40,000 doubles tournament at Pandemonium Books & Games in Cambridge.  We will be using 5th Edition rules.

Each player must have a valid 1,250 point army list.  Each team of two players must fit in one force organization chart.  All models used must be painted and based.

Entry fee is $10 per person.  The tournament will consist of three rounds of play, with prizes to be awarded at the end of the tournament.

Objectives: Each player is required to bring two objectives.  These must either be on a 40mm or 20mm round base.  Objectives do not have to be fancy: a simple painted design on the base will do.  Any actual bits or models comprising the objective should be painted but objectives do not have to be based.

You may enter either or both of your objectives to the Best Objective competition. There will be two prizes awarded: one for best painted objective, and one for best modeled objective.  Prizes will be $15 gift certificates to Pandemonium Books and Games.

You may register for the tournament at the following url:

http://www.arvardardboyz.com/doublesTourneyReg.php

You may follow links to travel directions and the full tourney rules from the registration page.

If you have any questions, please email them to wyrdboy@arvardardboyz.com.

Thanks!

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: 40K Doubles Tourney August 30th in Boston
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:07:34 PM »
I suggest you bold and/or put in Red ink:

All models used must be painted and based.

They are serious about the above point.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.