News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Map Campaign  (Read 313 times)

Offline Vegemite

• Flatulent
    • Abovetopsecret
Map Campaign
« on: July 30, 2005, 09:32:44 PM »
Hi guys. I signed up for something called a map campaign today. This will be my first map campaign and I have no idea what it is so I need help. First exactly how does a map campaign differ from other campaigns? What kind of scenarios should I expect? Any advice is welcome.
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: Map Campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 10:12:46 PM »
Why did you sign up for something you clearly do not understand?

A map campaign generally involves the movement of forces in a map based on either combat/non-combat and the capturing of resources. The person running the campaign has a map full of interesting details while those playing discover what is where as they advance.

For example: BattleTech as a board game and Panzer General as a computer turn based game.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Federal Hero

Re: Map Campaign
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 11:29:26 PM »
In a map campiagn there is a map(usually a city) that is divied into sectors. At the beggining of the game you and you opponent(s) get a certain amount of coloured pins that you can place in any sectors you want(one pin for each sector). Then as the campaign starts you and your opponents will place more pins down onto the map as you gain territory BUT if you and your opponent place a pin in the same sector then you battle over it. This battle can include cleanse missions, night fight, whatever basically. Whoever wins the battle gets to place their pin in the sector. Also, the campaign organiser will usually make special rules for certain sectors for example the city square may have a statue that ups initiative and whoever controls the city square gets 1+ initiative as long as he controls it.
"Make Love, Not Babies"