News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Tourney Report - 1500 pts vs BA, IG & SM  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
Eldar Tourney Report - 1500 pts vs BA, IG & SM
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:37:50 AM »
Hi all, this is the promised batrep from my last Tourney, the 20th December, from which I asked for opinion and advice in THIS thread.

From the lists, I chose the Yriel Variant (List 3) using moc065's suggestions to spend the last 25 pts.

HQ: 310 Pts
- Yriel - x pts
- Farseer W/ Stones, RoW, Rowit, Fortune & Doom - 155 pts

ELITE: 212 Pts
- Harlequins X 8 W/ 7 Kisses & Shadowseer/Death Jester - 212 pts

TROOP: 688 Pts
- Wraithguard X 10, Spiritseer W/ Conceal - 396 pts
- Avengers X 10, Exarch W/ Dual Catapult & Bladestorm, Defend - 167 pts
 + Wave Serpent W/ Twin Shurican, Stone, Star Engines - 125 pts

HEAVY: 290 Pts
- Wraithlord (AKA Lancelord) W/ 2 Flamers, EML & Brightlance - 155 pts
- Wraithlord (AKA Firelord) W/ 2 Flamers, EML & Scatter Laser - 135 pts

FAST: 0 Pts

TOTAL: 1 500 Pts

FIRST MATCH

I faced a Blood Angel player for the First Game, here's the List as far as I remember:

HQ: x Pts
- Lemartes - x pts

ELITE: 130 Pts
- Death Company X 8 w/ Jumpack - 130 pts

TROOP: 615 Pts
- Tactical X 10 w/ Flamer, Sarge w/ Powersword - 210 pts
- Tactical X 10 w/ Flamer, Sarge w/ powersword - 210 pts
- Tactical X 10 w/ Flamer, Sarge w/ Chainsword & Meltabombs - 195 pts

HEAVY: 480 Pts
- Devastator X 5 w/ 4 Lascannons - 255 pts
- Devastator X 5 w/ 4 Plasm Cannons - 225 pts

FAST: 150 Pts
- Landspeeder w/Heavy Flamer & Heavy Bolter - 75 pts
- Landspeeder w/Heavy Flamer & Heavy Bolter - 75 pts

TOTAL: 1 500 Pts

First Game was Capture & Control with Dawn of War deployment, my opponent rolled for First Turn and took it.

Deployment:

(Left click/show image to enlarge)

You can see a single (unpainted) squad of SM in the clump of trees sitting on his own Objective. I myself set up my own Objective in relative open ground, just in case he tried to come and take it so he would be into the open for Wraithcannon goodness (especially against the DC) and not too far from his own Objective to give options for the Wraithguard after the remainder of his force come on table.
Also, would he go for my Objective with his Death Company they would be in easy range for my Wraithguard or Harlequins. Now I needed to be wary of the Death Company and Devastators...

First Turn:

BA Turn 1: You can see where he rushed, trying to position his Devastators in height - Everything ran in, the Speeder opened on the Wraithguard as there was no other target ATM and managed to kill one.

ELDAR Turn 1: Fortuned the Wraithguard, Yriel come in in the Aveneger's Serpent - Then I had a two brainfart that haunted me for remainder of the game: Instead of going for the for the right with all of my force to wipe out his two Tactical, I spread my force to try to divert him from the right while, I thought, the right flank dealt with them.
The second was to try to shoot with the Serpent (DC) and the Harlies(Landspeeder): I mean, c'mon, they entered 12"-18", the gun's range made it impossible... What a waste. [mumble-mumble]
At least, the Wraithlord destroyed one of the Speeder and silenced the other for a turn.

I guess that's what you get for not playing an actual game for two months...

Second Turn:

BA Turn 2: Speeder boosted to threaten the Harlies since it couldn't shoot, everything else moved/ran into new position, Tac squad on Objective failed (unsurprisingly) to kill any wraithguard. Kept a Tactical squad to protect the Devastators. Movement was suspect and quick measured behind the sentral building.
That's when I discovered the guy was still playing with 4th ed Area Terrain mindset, and asked to reposition his Devastators so they could see through windows when I asked why he placed most of them totally out of sight - more suspect shuffling, but I let it go.

ELDAR Turn 2: Fortune Machine up, Fail test and Perils on Seer who lose a wound. Boosted the Serpent to threaten the Devastators and try to draw the Death Company back, Lancelord failed to hit the DC, Firelord Stunned the Speeder, WG killed 2 Tac SMurfs, Harlies ran 1".

Third Turn:

BA Turn 3: My opponent got a string of good rolling and Wrecked the Wave Serpent (4 hits, 2 Pen, no saves - meh), followed by 3 Plasma Cannon hits on the Avengers (+ some Boter shots from the mostly out of range Tac squad afterward), forcing 15 cover saves but it was my turn to get some good rolling and both the Exarch and Yriel survived along with 4 others, although he lost a wound from a stray Bolter shot.

Predictably, the DC wiped the Lancelord, but they did his job of bringing the DC in open and to be potentially Wraithcannon or Harlies bait.

On the right, the Tac squad Assaulted the Wraithguard (yeah! ;D) and got tarpited, losing one. The other Tac took the first one's position on the Objective.

Rear view:

ELDAR Turn 3: Fortune Machine again (Perils - again, but no wound taken) and Doom (Perils, no wound) on the engaged Tac squad.
On the left, Yriel detach from the Avengers, shoot and Assault the full Tac squad, banging them with the Eye of Wrath (kills 7) but lose a wound to the Sarge, then kill two more from No Retreat! ;D All the while, the Avengers Bladestorm the Plasma Cannon squad and kill 3 (Sarge and 2 Cannons).

On the right, the Harlies Assault the tarpited Tac squad and between them and the Wraithguard wipe them all - Harlies Consolidate 4" back in cover, the WG a meagre 1" - That was annoying as a 2 or 3 would have put them out of DC assault range...

Oh, and the Firelord Imobilised that annoying Speeder, leaving it stranded with it's Heavy Flamer...

Fourth Turn:

BA Turn 4: Shooting sees the Plasma Cannons Devastator kill 3 Avengers but one of the SM blow himself with his own gun. Then the Lascannon team try to snipe the Wraithguard but all shots either miss, fail to wound or are saved...
In CC, Yriel easily trounce the Sarge.

Then the Death Company found itself with the choice to go either for the Harlies or the Wraithguard, both of which they can barely reach... and decide to go for the Clowns [wipe brow] and wipe them all for two of their own.

Ah yes, the Tac squad fail at life against the Wraithguard.

Rear View:

ELDAR Turn 4: Fortune on the Wraithguard (PERILS! - No wound) and Doom on the Death Company.

The Wraithguard line themselves at 1" of the Tac squad on the Objective, and nicely enough withing Contesting/Holding range, so however they could/would get Assaulted there would be models left to Contest/Claim after Pile In. They shoo the crap out of the DC and kill 5 + take a wound on the Chaplain - Good.
Then the Firelord proceed to fail miserably at inflicting a single wound on the survivor and chappy - Not Good.

So, behind the building Yriel and the remaining two Avengers Assault the Lascannon Devastator and Yriel kill 3 of the gits.

Fifth Turn:

BA Turn 5: Well, there isn't much for him left to do: The lone Plasma Cannon try to shoot the Wraithguard but Overheat. Then the remaining Lascannonners are wiped out by Yriel while the Death Company Assult the Wraithguard after they and the Tac squad (again) fail to kill any with shooting - DC actually kill 1 WG. :o

...Almost forgot the useless imobilised Speeder...

ELDAR Turn 5: Since the DC itself isn't within 3" of the Objective, there's the chance to wiping out that annoying Tactical squad out of it and Holding it with the WG: So, Fortune on the WG again and Doom on the Tac squad (PERILS!!! - Take a wound).

Then the Firelord and fleeting Yriel both get in Assault range and much shooting ensue between the Bladestorming (2) Avengers and two Flamer templates. After the dust settles, only 3 SMurfs had been killed. Both the Firelord and Yriel Assault the git, killing 4 between them, but Yriel lose his last wound and of course, the bastards hold at -3 LD test...

Oh, and the WG continue to tarpit the DC, no wounds on either sides...

And thus the game ended with a roll of 1. Too little too late to get the Objective, another Turn might have changed this but the main reason I didn't bag that game was my poor deployment I think, and I lost a full Turn with both the Harlies and Serpent/Avengers with my crappy try at shooting with them at First Turn.. meh. :D

Result: Draw

Next match tommorrow!

Starky
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:05:29 PM by Starrakatt »

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: Starky's Tourney Report - 1500 pts
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
I could wait until you get them all in here; but I will not... As its great to see your gaming and all.

• First thing I noticed was the terrain is sparse (almost tournament style ~ Crap).
  • You raised 2 good points about your first turn and good that you see them for yourself... Teach you to not game for so long.
  • Turn 2 showed you his 5th inexperience... yet you didn't capatialize fully.. Nice for you to remind him of hte new rules though.
  • More bad luck with the warp OOuch... but you happen to start to take the fight to him and actually get some things done.
  • More Perils WTF... anyway you seam to have stuck in there and actually were taking some control.
  • Well at least you took a loosing fight and got a Draw... so its not all bad.

You saw your own mistakes so I won't harp on them,... best of luck with the rest.

CaHG
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:31:59 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 04:49:19 PM »
Well, your ego is getting back at you with those Perils...much like how my army can't wound amphetamine parrot against Gutstikks CC Necrons.

Anyway, yes, terrain blows.
You didn't hammer the flank, you were kind of spread out.  Nice ego trip with a Rambo Yriel.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:38:29 AM »
Thanks for the answers guys, yup Terrain sucked a bit, but I've seen worse - A nice big central piece of Cover would have been a Good thing... On the other hand, it game me the opportunity to draw the DC in open ground, so I guess it wasn't all bad.

- Notice the BA player didn't bought Heavy Weapons to his Tac squads. I mean, who does that? No Powerfist either. Really, except for the Devastators and DC his force was subpar and I should have exploited it to wipe out the right flank early on instead of loitering around... My bad. (Yes, it hurts EGOtm)

- Taking the fight to him was a good move I think, I like to take the initiative if I have a mobility advantage. However, I think I should have made on the right instead of the left, same with the Lancelord as I already stated. I should have had a practice game to get me back in shape prior to the tourney... Yup.

- Perils of the Warp were awful in that game, but then having Runes of Witnessing make it more risky, although they saved me of failing my Powers 2 or 3 times...

- Rambo Yriel was a wonderful powertrip, too bad I failed 3 out of 4 saves for him or he'd be alive... ;D

And now for the next implement...

Second Match

Second game was Mechanised Imperial Guard - Some may recognise the models from a previous batrep, one of my regular opponent...

His army as far as I remember:

HQ:
- Command squad w/ Senior Officer w/ Fist and 4 Flamers, Carapace Armor
 + Chimera w/Multilaser, Heavy Bolter & Smoke Launchers (maybe X-tra Armor)

ELITE: None

TROOP:
- 10 IG, 2 Plasma Gun, Sarge w/ Powersword, Carapace Armor
- 10 IG, 2 Melta Gun, Sarge w/ Powersword, Carapace Armor

HEAVY:
- Leman Russ w/ Hull Lascannon and sponson Heavy Bolters (may have extras...)
- Leman Russ w/ Hull Lascannon and sponson Heavy Bolters (may have extras...)

FAST:
- Hellhound (may have extra stuff...)

TOTAL: I wish I knew, around 1 500 pts?

Second Game was Seize Ground (we rolled 3 Objectives) with Pitched Battle deployment.

Deployment:

My opponent won the roll for First Turn and gave it to me...

I spread the Wraithguard so they could Hold 2 Objective (along with the Farseer and Yriel - and to protect them from these Pie Plates...) and put the Serpent/Avengers on the right corner in relative cover behind a wood. Keeping in mind that about everything in my force could take his pounding and kill what he had, I spread my army to cover all Objectives and hopefully get side Armor shots.
With hindsight, my Clowns weren't deployed centrally enough, which hindered their reaction capabilities as a counter assault unit... But you shall see. :)

He deployed his mechanised force in a kind of gunline, I couldn't know if he intended to rush me or just stay there and pound out, so...

First Turn: Darn, I forgot to take that pic - I suggest you refer to the Second Turn picture, I made some arrows to show were units got to on First Turn... :-\

ELDAR Turn 1: PERILS!!! And fail of Fortune [sobs]. Advanced much everything to reposition in 4+ Cover (I'd need it), got VERY crappy Diffcult Terrain/Run rolls for the Harlies and WG, but that was the price to pay for having that 4+ Cover, and anyway I didn't plan to go to him, noooo my preciousss, he'd have to come and get me off there... If only I can get my Powers to work.

Khaine isn't pleased, oh no...

So both Wraithlords shot at Chimera/Hellhound but did friggin nothing. The Serpent boosted near the right Objective, can't remember exactly where (did an aproximation).

IG Turn 1: My opponent only moved a Russ and the Helly and shot mucho stuff at the Wraithguard. Well, most of his weaponry in fact, except for a Lascannon shot who took a wound off the Lancelord in Cover. After an awful amount of saves he had killed 3 of the Wraithguard and took a Wound on the Farseer (NOT lolcakes). First blood for the Imperial barbarians...

Turn Two:

ELDAR Turn 2: Fortune works! [w00t?] And the Wraithguard advance further in Cover and nearer the Objectives (notice the awful slowness of their progression?).
The Firelord moved again, getting better Cover and the Serpent got in position to get side shots on a Chimera and simultaneously block LOS to the Right Objective were it to be shot down. I've just decided to stop him dead on the right while I took the two Central Objectives...

Shooting Shook a Chimera, Shook the Command Chimera and Shook the Hellhound... Now I needed to start rolling better than that.

IG Turn 2: He didn't move anything and his entire shooting phase achieved NOTHING, he also did try his luck on the Serpent - TOTAL FAIL! Heh, Ulric got some serious badluck that Turn... :D

Turn Three:

ELDAR Turn 3: Fortune Machine, the Wraithguard took position on the Objectives, continued to move the Firelord to go CC, slowly but surely, Harlies shuffled a bit (assume Shurican fire from the DJ every Turn of the Game... ::)) and Serpent shuffled a bit too.
Shooting was better: Command Chimera was Wrecked, Shook a left field Chimera and the Serpent blew the Multilaser from another...

IG Turn 3: The Shaken Chimera raced center field and blew Smoke, Helly retreated a bit from the Firelord, lot of shooting followed, best he could do was Shake the Serpent - Everything else either scattered, missed, didn't wound or was saved. He may have got a wound on the Firelord, not sure... A sad day for the Imperium of Mankind...

Turn Four:

ELDAR Turn 4: Fortune worked! With the game possibly ending soon, I wanted to get some action and delaying on the Imperial side, so I got Yriel rushing out of the Wraithguard to Assault a Chimera: guess what, rambo Yriel didn't work that time - Missed with all 5 Attacks. :-\

But LO! Both Wraithlords accounted for a Chimera each, one Wrecked and one Blowned - 1 Trooper died in the BOOM! And Double LO! The DJ blew off the Helly's Inferno Cannon with a lucky Glance! Good... ;D

IG Turn 4: Left off pic Chimera moved forward a bit and the disembarked  squads from the destroyed Chimera both shot at the Serpent (can't remember if they were Plasma or Meltas or both) band Shook/Imobilsed it. Some more shooting from his depleted firepower at the Wraithguard/Wraithlord that achieved nothing...

Left (off pic) Chimera then Instagibbed Yriel with a Multilaser shot...

Turn Five:

ELDAR Turn 5: Fortune Machine up, Wraithguard shuffle a bit but I want to keep them in 4+ Cover, so only two are in reach of the Chimera, though they managed to Shake it. Avengers Disembark and Bladestorm en entire squad out of their boots.
The Lancelord also managed to Immobilise the off pic Chimera (left).

Then the Firelord Assault the Russ but only Shake/Immobilise it after three Penetreating...

IG Turn 5: Guards disembrak from their (still) off pic transport and approached the Eldar line, their shooting added to the Russ to pick on the WG but results were FAIL.

Shaken Chimera rushed my line to get at Objective and popped Smoke.

On the top, combined shooting of what could still shoot sent many Avengers to meet their ancestors, but the survivors hold their position.

CC Phase, the Firelord finally put the final nail in the Leman Russ. At last.

I rolled... and there was a Turn 6!

Turn Six:

ELDAR Turn 6: Fortune Machine and Doom on the left Guard squad. We were rushed to finish the game and I made some mistake in prority targetting, so...
Wraithguard shot at the Doomed squad and warped out 3, Lancelord blew the Chimera, killing 3 in the Boom but is too far to Assault, DJ shoot the at the now exposed IGs and kill 1 and Pin them... ::)
Avengers walk toward the right Objective but I totally forgot to Run them, so they ended up a bit off it... Meh to me.
And the Firelord tried to destroy the Hellhound but failed to hit at all.

IG Turn 6: At the top/right the Helly and Guard squad shot at the Avengers and killed a couple more, Russ/Chimera shooting was pretty innefectual, but the left Guardsmen forego their shooting and tried to draw the Wraithguard off the Objective (smart move) but they were horribly slaugtered, thus the Wraithguard ended Holding an Objective and Contesting the other.

Conclusion: I got cocky in the last Turn, being rushed and thinking the game netted and forgot to run the Avengers, that almost cost me the game. If the Wraithguard hadn't won that fight...

Like stated earlier, the Harlies weren't deployed at the right place, at all, at all as they should have been in am ore central position where theu could have Assaulted anyone getting near the main Objectives - As they were, they didn't contribute much to the battle, my bad.

Same with the Lancelord, I should have moved him to protect the central Objective on the 4th Turn instead of letting him hang to dry behind that tree [shake head]...

All in all, the attrition battle worked for me, Ulric just didn't have the firepower to dig out an entrenched (4+, Fortuned Cover) unit of Wraithguard and deal with my other units, but then I managed to keep that Flank attack going and he could very advance his Troops too much forward too early near the Objectives due to the nasty WG/Yriel, although admiteddly I think he should have moved a Turn earlier to try get that Objective (one squad more).
That and he should have used his HQ as fodder to shield his Troops... Oh well, he tried the gunline that time around, as the last time we played he rushed me and just got slaughtered...

All in all t'was a relaxed game, since we both got a Draw on the First Round it was pretty sure we could get Top 3 anyway...

Tourney's Result: There was no comp but Painting was rated - Placed 4th on 16 players, had I not played crap in the first game I'd have been 2nd (Winner's painting was better)... Or first if I had actually battled the Winner and overpowered him, and know what, we will find out in the next and last batrep of this series as we clash together for supremacy at home...  :o 8)

Result: Win

Starky
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:05:36 AM by Overly Serious Starrakatt »

Yes you are being dense.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:36:18 AM »
Get back in here you work-o-holick....

Anyway, I am just crystal balling now; but I predict a little CC action on a Helly very very soon, and I don't see the IG displacing too many or your Scoring units etc... so Congrats (in advance) on the Win... and shame on you for not getting the Harlies more central as they were near useless.

CaHG

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »
Well, I see that your luck with the Warp may be turning.   ;)  I'm very surprised that your IG opponent keeps concentrating so much fire at your Wave Serpent.  If he had advanced his tanks to the central objectives, he could have done some damage.  Sitting back like he is isn't going to win him the game, certainly.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
Get back in here you work-o-holick....
I am not, believe me, but I do 12 hours night shifts (19:00 to 7:00), I need to get around... BTW, just up from bed...

Anyway, I am just crystal balling now; but I predict a little CC action on a Helly very very soon, and I don't see the IG displacing too many or your Scoring units etc... so Congrats (in advance) on the Win... and shame on you for not getting the Harlies more central as they were near useless.
CC there shall be... What are you, a prophet? Yeah, shame for the Harlies, my fault really.

@NewHeretic: You shall see, but he had some trick (predictable, but heh) in his pocket as you shall soon see. Also, do not forget a top left Chimera that is off pic, dunno why I forgot to include it in the picture everytime...

As a last comment: Yes, my opponent is hanging back, but for once he's trying a gunline instead o trying to rush a point of my lines - He's one of my regular opponent in the LGC and never beat me, he's pretty annoyed about it, so I tried some new tactics I guess. :)

Next match: Taking on the Tourney,s Winner at home!

Starky

Edit: 2nd Match is UP!

Yes you are being dense.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
WTG... I told you you had it in the bag, even though you messed up the Harlies, and forgot to run with the DA... Your opponents lack of movement screwed him, as he had too little to even contest those Objectives at the end...

Good Batrep though, and thanks for sharing, PS.. the little pic edits really do help...

CaHG

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 08:11:08 PM »
Go to work, oh wait, you're on a PAID vacation, ARGHHHHHHHH.

I still don't get why he didn't move.  He coulda had a decent chance if he did.

Anyways, good batrep, keep up the good work Starky.
Whoa there.

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 03:07:41 AM »
I'm enjoying the Bat-Rep so far Starkky... looking forward to game three.

C.S.
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »
WTG... I told you you had it in the bag, even though you messed up the Harlies, and forgot to run with the DA... Your opponents lack of movement screwed him, as he had too little to even contest those Objectives at the end...
I still don't get why he didn't move.  He coulda had a decent chance if he did.
Yes, I really need to concentrate on the Harlies's main role in the battlefield, so I'm dropping the Death Jester for a while, until I've ruled the need to use him all the time...
Forgetting running the Avengers was a bad mistake and could have costed me the Win... Meaning one has to stay attentive all game long if you really want to be at thetop, that's often small mistakes like that that screw your scoring... :-[

And yes, seeing has Ulric consistently fail to destroy my Wraithguard or dish consistent damage to my ghost armies, I think that some kind of flanking attack followed by a central rush could have driven the Wraithguard out of the Objectives (at least one) - His killer tanks/units (Command Chimera/HQ, Hellhound and Russes) should have rushed my lines I think, some of them should have been able to kill the Harlies/Avengers and/or contest one of the Objectives - After all, my units can't be evrywhere all the time...

Good Batrep though, and thanks for sharing, PS.. the little pic edits really do help...
Go to work, oh wait, you're on a PAID vacation, ARGHHHHHHHH.

Anyways, good batrep, keep up the good work Starky.
I'm enjoying the Bat-Rep so far Starkky... looking forward to game three.
Thanks guys, the last batrep in a couple of days Wanna spoiler?

Blood Raven/Silver Ghosts Deployment. ;)

@Tauir: Paid vacations? Sure were... :P

Starky

Yes you are being dense.

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
Re: Eldar Tourney Report - 1500 pts vs BA, IG & SM
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
Thanks for all that. Now type it up!

Paid vacation *grumble *grumble.
Whoa there.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
Really fast BA coming to a grinding halt and then getting hammered.

But let me expand on that...
1st the BA lose their rides and support and the Death Company get wittled down in size.
2nd the BA get singled out and erased one unit at a time.
3rd the great Silver Ghosts finish drushing them with some awesome CC action.

How is that for a prediction.

CaHG
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:41:34 PM by moc065 »

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
Real Fast BA pounding Starky into the turf, but then failing near the end.

Here's mine:
1st turn: Rhino manages to evade all of Starky's Firepower, BA close in. Whirlwind obliterates Harlies
2nd turn: Rhino is blasted up by massed wraithcannons, BA continue to close in
3rd turn: BA charge/own the wraithguard with DC
4th turn: Yriel Countercharge breaks the DC, but wraithguard are badly beaten, and Yriel is Instant Deathed with the autocannon on the dakka pred
5th turn: Starky tries a desperate push at their objectives, with the assault being stopped.
6th turn: Starky dances, the opponent resigns to make him stop.

How's that?
Whoa there.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 09:44:33 PM »
You got it all wrong: They aren't Blood Angels, they are Blood Ravens (i.e. generic SMurfs), so no Death Company in there.

The army isn't even in the slightest cheesy, kubrick54 (an irregular 40KOnliner) win First just because he's that good (usually). He's also the only one to beat me consistently at the LGC... ;)

I'll let you ponder on that, batrep soon.

Starky

Yes you are being dense.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 09:57:02 PM »
Hell I don't think BA are Cheesy; and the new Smurf's tend to be cheaper, so you might have hadmore work than I thought...

I still think you could take those Blood Ravens though.

CaHG

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »
Maybe it was mentioned:

Terrain for first two seemed...eww, like 'touney-up-yours-can't-change' eww, esp. with this new TLoS environment.

Congratz on the results, I feel your opponents were not used to fighting a list like your, nor formulated a plan quick enough to be used when at deployment.
Caught off-guard against an army that, when wielded as well as you did (the parts you didn't fudge up), will kill anything they get in range of, infantry/tanks alike.

----------------------

Is that a bag of Doritos on the table?  If so, I'd love to take double lash, fit my hand in with a handful of chips/grease/cheeze and move your models around, well worth the 3D6 psy test to get the power off, heh, Nurgle be praised, the wraithguard are all greased up and require cleaning.  (obviously I wouldn't do it, and it's as simple as saying "no" to avoid this situation...but the Doritos just really stuck out for me.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »
They might well be Doritos, but the lable is probably in French in Starky's area... I did notice there was a little bit of Coka Cola there to so you could at least wash down those Doritos after you pilferred them...

The table is sort of Blah (open terrain almost fantasy style) though isn't it... Aside from the decently painted armies that is... And there seams to be a lack of Chairs as well.

Get back in here and give us round three Starky.... ASAP.

CaHG

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
Agreed with Moc, get it done.

Though those Doritos are an interesting terrain feature, they kinda make is seem you were a bit low on terrain there. :D
Whoa there.

Offline Shade, Bankai King

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »
  I don't think those are Doritos, they look more like Fritos. Or however the hell you spell it.
[CENTER