News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'sup 40kOnline  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Mecha Coby

• Legend of the Seeker rocks
'sup 40kOnline
« on: March 5, 2010, 10:54:17 AM »
Hello!

Just joined after lurking around here for a couple years and thought i should say hello.

I'm 24, i live in Brighton (GB) and have done for most of my life. I play a few diffrent wargames, my favourites being Necromunda (Orlocks) and WFB (WoC, DE), but Ive recently started playing 40k having fallen in love with the backround (Black Library good).

Ive got a 2000pt homebrew SM army from my abortive attempt to play 40k in 4th Ed as well as my new 750pt (and growing!) Tau force that I'm using in a map based campaign at the moment (and at some success too) against SM, Tyranids and Ravenwing.

I'm planning on building a Hereshy era Imperial Fist army after my Tau are done so i will put up a blog for that having been inspired by Artcore's and The Tale Of 5 Gamers 2010.

I roleplay once a week (were doing Buffy tVS ATM) and i would be interested in possibly doing some play by post or running something (possibly Dark Hereshy).

I'm also on Xbox Live as Mecha Coby so i can be found most nights playing MW2  (Don't be fooled if it says I'm offline) and i would love too play with some new people.

Oh BTW my real names Mark.
The whole Mecha Coby thing is very convoluted and would take far to much time to explain.

Morality is a code for the weak of mind and heart.

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
Re: 'sup 40kOnline
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2010, 11:00:48 AM »
Greetings and welcome to the forums.  For some good SM advice head down that way, or come to the Tau forum for those little things that bug you about our army.  Oh and hey, if you feel like it, come into the tavern and hang out.... we mean well, honest.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2010, 12:16:15 PM »
Welcome to 40konline. Enjoy the Community!

Best of luck with our campaign, and drop in on the Tau forum and I am sure they can give you some savvy advice on how to do even better.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline augustmanifesto

« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »
Hey Mark -- thanks for the introduction.

I tend to be on in fits and spurts but I hope to see you around. Be sure to stop into the SM forum and give us the low-down on your chapter. I would also love to see some pics of your army in the painting and modelling forum -- so feel more than invited!

Bill
join 40k0 on facebook!

Biff Puzzled his brains. He thunk fast. The Emp was the Emp, natch. Techs worshiped the Emp. Even Scum swore by the Emp...The Emp was megabossgod. Yet who was the Emp? Where was the Emp?
Everwhere. Nowhere
Somewhere.
Not Here...
So maybe nowhere near.
Maybe the Emp was further away than Biff could imagine. And even more mega.

Offline Mecha Coby

• Legend of the Seeker rocks
« Reply #4 on: March 5, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »

I think i speak for everyone thats ever joined a new forum that its always nice when people  make you feel welcome.

So, Thanks guys.

Mark
Morality is a code for the weak of mind and heart.

Offline Two Hawks

• Eldar "The Race" to be
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
Welcome to 40k Online.
Enjoy the site and everyone.  ;)
"Insignificant are other races to thy ELDAR"

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2010, 09:04:03 PM »
Welcome to 40KO.
As with all forums, there are oddballs...I'm one of them.

So enjoy yourself here, we are serious on helping and pretty laid back and all for fun.
If you are brave enough, we've got some addicting word games in the Tavern Games.
:D
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Just to add a little bit more to the warm welcomes, if you are interested at all, and as you're only an hour and a bit away living in Brighton, we also run an annual (sometimes we do it twice a year...) 40konline UK tournament.

Myself, O!nk (or whatever he's calling himself these days), Premetheus and Erriond are the main organisers for the event and are always looking to meet and game with the kind folks of 40konline that want to test their mettle against each other.

It is a tournament but it's also a relaxed do where it's nice to put some faces to names, not to mention it's good fun to cross-reference the advice your receiving from certain posters and then looking up where they come on the results board...

If you think you'll be interested at all come join us over in this thread: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=190885.0.

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #8 on: March 7, 2010, 09:47:04 PM »
Welcome, you should treat the tavern just as you would play your Tau; shoot and run.

See you around!
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline JeepDriver

« Reply #9 on: March 9, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »
Welcome to 40k online. If you are truly adventurous head down to the forum, but I would steer clear of it otherwise.  ;)

Offline randski

« Reply #10 on: March 9, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »
hello Mecha Coby,Welcome to 40konline