News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Two assault related questions  (Read 714 times)

Offline Mercutioh

• Ork Yoof
  • Chaos and Orks, Making things go squish
Two assault related questions
« on: March 4, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »
Ok as a married man who wants to stay that way learning the game with another friend in the same situation we've started with proxies to learn the game a bit before dropping the hundred or so bucks to actually field an army. As such a few questions have sprung up regarding close combat. due to the lack of models to play wysiwyg rules.

1. regarding multi unit combats
my opponent is playing nids and has a swarm of Termagants already locked in CC with my Daemon prince after one round of CC the Tervigon then comes in to CC with the DP. my question is does this all count as one close combat or is this TWO close combats. and resolved separately? (really wierd if this is the case but I wasn't sure, and the rules are ambiguous) if it is one combat can I assign some of my attacks against the tervigon and some against the Termagants, or is it all or nothing?

2.Regarding CSM equipment
In a csm basic wargear it states that a csm has a bolt pistol bolter and a close combat weapon. Obviously he can't hold all those at the same time. as such does a csm have to use the same weapon configuration the whole game or can he shoot a bolter then assault with his CCW and pistol in hand?

Thanks for your time

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Two assault related questions
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2010, 01:56:02 PM »
1. It is one combat, so it is resolved in initiative-order, first (whatever side), second, last, if there are still things to kill/kill with.  And yes, you can split your attacks from one model into both opponents.

2. Yes, he is free to shift as he wants to.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
Re: Two assault related questions
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
1. Page 41 of the BRB describes how multiple combat works, but yes, they happen at the same time.

2. This is called "uber-grit". The model is free to fire his bolter or his bolt pistol and always gets the attack bonus for having two close combat weapons. Note that firing a rapid fire weapon (like the bolter) makes you unable to launch an assault in the following assault phase (unless otherwise specified).
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!