News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: harlequins special character  (Read 571 times)

Offline Little Black Riding Hood

• Wrath of the Tyrant...
harlequins special character
« on: October 13, 2003, 03:03:26 PM »
perhaps harlequins could have a special character, and i have been thinking about this for years and ive not got many ideas, but i think an emperors champion style character (universal) rather than a fixed identity, would be good, so what do the harlequins have that could be used, well i read that the most powerful solitaires become the guardians of the black library? well more powerful solitaires? would have to be a special character and only usable with a point limit, i also suggest having one of these replacing the ordinary solitaire in an army.
i mean theres not much else that could be a character, they probably dont need one but for those few who are interrested its just my take on the matter
"The elder among the men looked deep into The fire and spoke loud with pride, tomorrow is a fine day to die" - Bathory
"Forever wilt I bleed for Thee. Forever wilt I praise Thy dreaded name. Forever wilt I serve Thee. Thou shalt forever prevail. Inno a Satana." - Emperor
"Symbolical and sheeting in an eclectic manner, institutional monotheism holds the banner, martial and creed, you think they will provide anything you need?" - Zyklon

Offline Flash_hound

Re:harlequins special character
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 03:29:14 PM »
I really like that attack except instead of having 4 attacks it has 6 attacks.... Also armor.... 4+ dodge save should suffice.... Also ST: 4, T: 3 still..... weaponskill and initiative good.... except maybe a special rule where you always strike first.... how do you like that?

Offline Rhòanin

• The True Outcast
  • Ancient
  • To each, Their own.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 09:36:22 PM »
Im sure someone is bound to mention actually being able to combine a Kiss and powerblades.

If you were to make it a specific ancient artefact, like the Wailing Doom, then I could maybe see being able to do so.

Looking forward to seeing the first draft of this guy, LBRH.
He who follows his own will is a King among men.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 02:30:31 AM »
Things like home-grown Special Characters tend to become hugely imbalanced or overly expensive. I would rather see a Special Character Great Harlequin with only a minor stat-tweak and some neat non-combat rules, like the ability to redeploy a unit once everyone is done placing units, or such. It would be better than to simply add that which the Harlequins allready excell at.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.