News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood angels absalutely monster squad  (Read 1471 times)

Offline fortune

• i am important.......
Blood angels absalutely monster squad
« on: March 25, 2003, 09:30:48 PM »
I just had a crazy Idea! What if you had a blood angels DC....with a sanguinary priest as an attatched IC! For any blood angel players out there just hear me out. You take the alredy monsterous capabilities of a DC and get them to re roll all misses in ccb on the charge. On top of that you give him tl Lightining claws and he re rolls wounds. and give him an exanguinator to save the DC people after they fail thier second armour save! This squad would be virtually unkillable from afar (unless you have a bassilisk or a leman Russ) and kill everything in ccb.

what do you think
oh no! not again

Offline fortune

• i am important.......
Re: Blood angels absalutely monster squad
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 09:32:30 PM »
O and one thing I forgot to mention. I know you can have a sang priest lead your DC. But it doesent give you the extra men that a chaplain does. This would also be a way around that
oh no! not again

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 09:34:08 PM »
If you look in the codex you can take a DC without a Chaplain, but they will be uncontrollable unless you assign them a Sanguinary priest.  So your unit wouldn't be overly expensive, but without the Chaplain you wouldn't have to big a squad.  If you screened them with scouts or so that would be a very killer unit in CC.  Power weapons at high In such as Howling Banshees would/should scare the heck out of you though.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Volren

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 12:24:40 AM »
Yes, but depending on your force it is actually possible to have no DC without a Chaplain as the Chaplain guarantees you at least 4 (if I remember correctly) DC members and any extras you roll for.

Offline LehmanRuss

• Has a Custom Title
  • Hey, you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 03:30:02 AM »
I've already contemplated this idea, and found that it would be a good thing, but that would mean I'm relying on my Death Company to do something for me.

I never plan ANY strategy that involves them in a big way, since they're so random.

Instead, I'd rather just get him an Honor Guard, if I give him anything at all.
We've been run down every hill.  Chased up all the dead end streets.  But if you try to cut us out, you'll get a kick in the teeth!

There's only two ways this can end, and in both of them, you die.

[img]http://www.ultinomicon.com/images/ultbigbanner.jpg[/i

Offline Dangonblane

• Master of Sanctity
  • Ancient
  • Templar since '98
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 05:57:38 AM »
and give him an exanguinator to save the DC people after they fail thier second armour save!

Bzzzt!  No it wouldn't;

An Exanguinator allows you to ignore the failed armour save(s) of the unit each turn.  This would have the effect of negating each Death Company member's first wound, which happens before they get their Ignore Injury roll.

Another way of putting it;

The Death Company's "second save" isn't a save at all - it's a special rule which gives them a second chance at staying on the table, but it only kicks in once the model has taken a wound - the Exanguinator prevents this required wound in the first place, so they special rule cannot kick in.

Offline The Flesh Tearer

• Midwest Militia
    • Adeptus Minneapolis
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 03:24:56 PM »
I've already contemplated this idea, and found that it would be a good thing, but that would mean I'm relying on my Death Company to do something for me.

I never plan ANY strategy that involves them in a big way, since they're so random.

Instead, I'd rather just get him an Honor Guard, if I give him anything at all.
THANK YOU! Finally someone else who doesn't think the DC are super nuts, I never use the 180 pt Chap and my friends crucify me for it say "your DC will be so small y not take the chap?"
Asuka: Congradulations!
Misato: Congradulations!
Rei: Congradulations!
Maya: Congradulations!
Aoba: Congradulations!
Hyuga: Congradulations!
Ritsuko: Congradulations!
Kaji: Congradulations!
Toji: Congradulations!
Kensuke: Congradulations!
Hikari: Congradulations!
Fuyutsuki: Congradulations!
Gendo, Y

Offline LehmanRuss

• Has a Custom Title
  • Hey, you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2003, 05:54:14 PM »
THANK YOU! Finally someone else who doesn't think the DC are super nuts, I never use the 180 pt Chap and my friends crucify me for it say "your DC will be so small y not take the chap?"

You are WELCOME! :)

If you're anything like me, I actually ask before game if I have to take any Death Company.  Some people look at me funny, and other's are GLAD that I don't actually want any.

I then proceed to stamp the hell out of them using Codex Astartes style of fighting. :)
We've been run down every hill.  Chased up all the dead end streets.  But if you try to cut us out, you'll get a kick in the teeth!

There's only two ways this can end, and in both of them, you die.

[img]http://www.ultinomicon.com/images/ultbigbanner.jpg[/i

Volren

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2003, 09:10:51 PM »
A friend of mine always takes the DC Chaplain just to be fluffy.

Offline fortune

• i am important.......
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2003, 09:07:04 PM »
and give him an exanguinator to save the DC people after they fail thier second armour save!

Bzzzt!  No it wouldn't;

An Exanguinator allows you to ignore the failed armour save(s) of the unit each turn.  This would have the effect of negating each Death Company member's first wound, which happens before they get their Ignore Injury roll.

Another way of putting it;

The Death Company's "second save" isn't a save at all - it's a special rule which gives them a second chance at staying on the table, but it only kicks in once the model has taken a wound - the Exanguinator prevents this required wound in the first place, so they special rule cannot kick in.

hmmm good point... could you use it as a save after the regular but before the ignore injury? I dont see why not?

O and my DC are monsters. They usually get anywhere from 2 to 5 power fists and totally maul every vehicle on the field with numerous str 9 attacks! I do this by taking many small scout squads with vet sargents.
oh no! not again