News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: wip painting my Land Carrier  (Read 2284 times)

Offline rax

• Infinity Circuit
Re: wip painting my Land Carrier
« Reply #40 on: July 4, 2005, 10:13:02 AM »
@Greydeath

I've been following your work on the carrier for a while  and - like almost everyone else - think it turned out wonderfully. The only thing that really spoils it form me is the pintle-mount guns with Marines on top of the track area. I know someone pointed this out before and you offered an explanation (though I can't find it ATM), but why not move those turrets up to the command area (where the twin-linked bolters are right now) and move the twin-linked bolters down onto the track area? IIRC, your turrets are all magnet-mounted, so this should be easy to do without damaging anything.

Once again though - wonderful work!  :)

Cheers - Rax
« Last Edit: July 4, 2005, 06:33:52 PM by rax »
Death spinners. Because size does matter.

Offline Andaah

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Confused..... often...
« Reply #41 on: July 4, 2005, 10:21:29 AM »
Please, please write in to GW when its done so it can be in WD and everyone can understand your fantabulousness.

Offline Chi no Tenshi

• Erstens kommt es anders, zweitens als man denkt.
« Reply #42 on: July 5, 2005, 10:13:05 AM »
An Anime with land based ships??? Which one???  :D

Venus wars is one I really remember that did that.

Hm is Venus Wars somehow connected to Big Wars? I think Big Wars was the title of the big desert battleship I do remember! Also it reminds me on the imperial leviathans.

Keep up the good work!
'The Red Thirst is the Blood Angels' darkest secret and greatest curse, but it is also their greatest salvation, for it brings with it a humility and understanding of their own failings which make the Blood Angels the most truly noble of Legion Astartes'

Offline x<-Jonesey->x

• Giggidy giggidy goo
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2005, 11:54:14 PM »
all i can say greydeath is that this is truly amazing, inspiring, completly unique, surrounded by awe and such a great model! i can tell already that the paint job is going to look great! sorry for 1) being a suck up 2) giving cliché remarks and 3) not being worty!!! *bows* once again a truly amazing piece of kit , oh and btw i loved your remote controle normal sized pred! hope u dnt mind if i try and makea land raider version! once again well done!
Jonesey

Thanks to Lovelace for my sig!
Ulthwé strike force
wins-2
losses0
draws-0