News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WoTW 1250 Battle Report Orks vs Black Templers  (Read 2185 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
WoTW 1250 Battle Report Orks vs Black Templers
« on: February 26, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »
This was a fight between me and Matt (not a member of this forum... Yet) as part of the Febwaaghry campaign that you can find HERE

His List
Marshal; iron halo, power sword, grenades
Command Squad; Sgt with power weapon, unit champion with power weapon, apothecary, flamer, melta, unit standard.

Emperors’ champion; accept any challenge
3 Sword Brethren terminators, Sgt with power weapon, 1 with assault cannon

Crusader squad; 1 with power weapon, 1 with rocket launcher, 3 with bolters and all with both grenades.

Crusader squad; 1 with power weapon, 1 with rocket launcher, 3 with bolters and all with both grenades.

Dreadnaught with multi melta

3 Bikes, 1 with power weapon, 1 with melta, 1 attack bike with heavy bolter

3 Land Speeders

Total 1250

My List
Big Mek Gitburna; Heavy, cybork, burna, boss pole, Kustom Force Field.

19 Ard boys; choppas, led by Killy Clause, boss pole, power klaw.

Drive By Boys; 12 shootas with nob that has boss pole and big shoota
Truck; Red, Ram, Grot rigger

Red Pants Boys; 12 choppas led by nob Storm Killa, heavy, BP, PK
Truck; Red, Ram, Plank

Blue shirt Boys; 12 choppas led by nob Kron Killa, heavy, BP, PK
Truck; Red, Ram, Plank

Black Boot Boys; 12 choppas led by nob Wraith Killa, heavy, BP, PK
Truck; Red, Ram, Plank
Rockit Buggy, with tracks and red paint

The Green Baron; deafcopta rockits and saw

Battle wagon, Red, grots, death roller, armor, 2 big shootas

Total 1238

Set Up we rolled pitched battle and he won first turn and set up with his fast stuff on his left flank, I set up with my troops across from his HQ and the Green Baron on the Right flank. The Green Baron turbo scout move, and then I fail to seize the initiative.
His Set up                                       My Set up

Turn 1
The land speeders, bikes, and dread, all move towards the Green Baron. The rest of his force he leaves where they are.

Shooting, he shot with the dread, bikes, and land speeders at the Green Baron, the cover save saved all but 1 heavy bolter wound.

There were no assaults.

Bottom of 1
The Green Baron jumps behind the dread, the rockit buggy move to get los to the land speeders. Two trucks of boys flat out 19” towards the marshal, the battle wagon moves 13” towards the marshal. The Black Boot boys flat out towards the emperors champion. The Drive By boys move 7”.

Shooting; The Green Baron hit the rear of the dread, but I rolled a 1 for armor penetration. The rockit buggy missed. The Drive By boys only the big shoota was in range of the crusader squad and caused 1 wound that he saved.

There were no assaults

Turn 2
A crusader squad moves out onto the porch of the building they are in. The other squad that got shot at moves behind cover. The land speeders line up on the rockit buggy. The bikes and dread line up on the Green Baron.

Shooting; the dread and bikes shoot at the Green Baron and do nothing. The land speeders get 3 pens on the rockit buggy and it explodes. The crusader squad on the porch shoot their bolters at the Black Boot boys truck but fail to glance it.

Assault; the dread assaults the Green Baron, and kills him of course.

Bottom of 2
The Black Boot boys truck moves 13” and the boys get out looking mean at the emperors champion. The Red pants boys move 13” and get out lining up on the marshal. The blue shirts move 13” but stay in their truck because they know Storm Killa and his boys are about to get beat up. The BW moves 13” and the ard boys get out, Gitburna stay in the wagon just in case. The Drive By boys move 7” and get in range of the crusader squad on the porch.

Shooting; The big shootas on the 2 trucks cause 1wound on the marshal squad but they saved, 12 pistol shots do nothing. The Black boots did better causing 4 wounds on the terminators but they saved them all of course. The truck shot at the bikes and missed. The Drive By boys and their truck shoot at the crusader squad on the porch killing 2, but they passed their LD. The ard boys run 3” into cover.

The Black Boot boys assaulted the emperors champ and his termies, and the Red Pants assaulted the marshal and his squad.
The emperors champ kills 2 boys, the sgt wiffed. The orks cause 8 wounds. The emperors champ rolls snake eyes for his saves and the assault cannon termi also rolled a 1. The last terminator fails to hit, and Wraith Killa kills the last two terminators. The squad consolidated 5”.
The marshal kills 1 boy, the squad champ kills 1 boy, the rest of the squad failed to wound. The orks swing back killing the flamer, the melta, and the sergeant. The marshal passes his LD and they hug up.

Turn 3
Bikers move towards Black Boot boys but the truck is in the way and he doesn’t want to go through terrain so he stops well short of their full move. The dread and the land speeders also move towards the black boot boys. The full crusader squad moves towards the black boot boys.

Shooting; the dread fries the truck getting a krunch. The bikes shoot at the Black Boots killing 3, the land speeders shoot them too killing 5. The crusader squad seeing that they were now out of assault range shoot killing the last boy and wounding the nob. Wraith Killa failes his LD and runs away. The crusader squad on the porch shoots a rocket at the Drive By truck and gets an immobilized result on the pen.

Assault; the marshal kills 2, the unit champ kills 1, the rest wiff. The boys kill the unit standard, Storm Killa caused a wound on the marshal but the iron halo got in the way and the marshal still stood. The orks failed their LD twice and get swept. The marshal squad consolidated 1”.

Bottom of 3
The empty truck moved 13” to get out of the corner. The Blue Shirts move 9” and get out looking hungry. The ard boys move 5” through the building.

Shooting; the Drive by boys shoot at the crusaders on the porch killing 2 more, but the rocket launcher remained. Both big shootas on the BW shoot him but he made both his saves, then he passes his LD. The ard boys, blue shirt boys and both trucks shoot at the marshal and his squad causing 8 wounds but they made all their saves.

Assault; The Blue shirts assault, and the ard boys get a 3 and assault them too.

The marshal kills 2 ard boys, the unit champ kills 1, the apothecary wiffed. The blue shirt boys deal 14 wounds, both the unit champ and the apothecary save their respective 7 wounds each. The ard boys deal out 6 wounds, the unit champ saves but the apothecary fails his including his feel no pain and dies.
Killy Clause swings and kills the unit champ. Kron Killa swings and causes two wounds on the marshal and this time the iron halo bent under the pressure and one wound got through insta killing him. Both squads consolidated 5”.

Turn 4
The bikes, dread, and land speeders move in towards the ard boys. The crusader squad turns around and moves in closer to the ard boys.

Shooting; The bikers shoot at the ard boys and kill 4, the land speeders shoot and kill 6. The ard boys pass their LD with the help of the boss pole. The rocket launcher missed the Drive By truck.

The crusader squad charges in to the ard boys, killing 2, the boys fight back and kill 2 in return, and Killy Clause kills 2 more, but the sergeant passed his LD and they hugged up.

We then had to call the game as the magic players were arriving and we had to give them the table space.

Victory for the Orks.

Matt was a good player and a great sport, he probably would have got the tie if we had got to use all the turns, as there were only 4 ard boys left. One more round of shooting from his land speeders would have seen them off. This is a great example of how the Green Baron can seriously effect the game. Had the fast element of his army came after my main force, the game would have been very different. Instead, he went after the dreaded baron, allowing my troops to go basically unmolested into his lines. Sure the baron died, but for 2 turns his heavy hitters were on the wrong side of the board. So model of the match goes to the Green Baron (posthumously) for misdirecting the marines, to let the other boys get stuck in.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:50:35 PM by moc065 »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: WoTW 1250 Battle Report Orks vs Black Templers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:53:41 PM »
Congrats on the victory, even if it was vs SMurf's and not the dreaded Dark Eldar. At least your guys will remember how to win.

Thanks for the post, and the pics (loved those btw - I did fix one of your links for you, so I hope you don't mind that). Good write up overall and I liked your opponents hodgepodge paint scheme (at least they are painted - I hate using or facing grey blobs).

The game sounded fun, and I hope to get back to you very shortly with some updates from Bluu in da Phaes.

Cheers.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: WoTW 1250 Battle Report Orks vs Black Templers
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:14:14 PM »
Thanks, and I will pass on to Matt your compliments on his army. He procured a lot of them used, in a series of trades for mostof those models, and he is in the process of converting/repairing/repainting them into templers.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak