News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Forgeworld Runtbot rules (where are they?)  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Forgeworld Runtbot rules (where are they?)
« on: October 8, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
I just acquired one and don't have the rules or stats for it.  Not asking for copyrighted info just which book the stats are in so I can pick it up.
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Forgeworld Runtbot rules (where are they?)
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »
Do you mean grot tanks? Here is the data sheet for them
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/g/Grot_Tanks.pdf

I do beleive that grot tanks are in Imperial Armor 8
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »
No I mean the Runtbot.  It is a limited edition model that was only available at promotional events and other limited venues. 

There may not even be rules for it.  I could use it as a Kan as it is a pretty big model.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2010, 10:37:50 AM by Ollieb »
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
Sorry, I searched Forgeworld and did not find it (I am sure you did too) anyway a WWW search found that it is a event show piece only http://www.ifelix.net/gamingblog/?p=2409 so I think you could just use it as a killakan since there were no rules for it (that I can find)

You could always just do a data sheet on your own, as Apocolypse rules do allow for your own builds and even give you a blank data sheet for that purpose.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »
The only Runtbot rules I know of being out there are incredibly outdated from the 2nd Edition book 'Ere We Go' where the Runtbot was controlled by a Runtherd that was at a maximum of 16" away (the smart opponents would presumably kill the Runtherd to disable the Robot).

It had a real wonky Kustom Force Field that functioned a little differently then today's (units within 6" were protected and couldn't fire out of the field) as well as a Smoke Stickbomb launcha that would fire 2 of these 3D6 inches in a random direction (note random and not scatter).

The Ere We Go book is rare and hard to find, so if you want the rules from there you can PM me, although they are extremely dated at nearly twenty years old and I'd hope that the Runtbot would have other rules out there somewhere.

Peace
~OD

Post Script: Although it doesn't exist yet, it is likely that Forgeworld will publish rules for the Runtbot (as well as many other Snakebite-esque stuff) in the next Imperial Armor, as they've already said that the next Imperial Armor will cover rules and background for Bad Moons, Snakebites, and Blood Axes.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2010, 12:40:09 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »
It is too nice a model to stick on my shelf with the gobs of other unopened boxes I have.  Guess I'll use it as a Kan until I can get my hands on a copy of "ere we go".