News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 pts. vs. BT, advice needed  (Read 777 times)

Offline Beerbeard

• We will crush you.
2000 pts. vs. BT, advice needed
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:55:05 AM »
Hi,

I have a league game coming up vs. an army I have never played against, Black Templars.  I will probably run my usual anti-MEQ list, packing in as much AP 1, 2, and 3 as I can, use a blob (the game will be Capture and Control) to hold my objective, and my mobile units to take/contest his.  But, is there anything I should know about BT that makes them a special challenge for IG?

Thanks,

BB

Offline Crawfskeezen

• The Emperor Protects
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Imperial Navy, Dark Angels
Re: 2000 pts. vs. BT, advice needed
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »
I don't think a new BT codex has come out for 5th (or even 4th for that matter) but I did find a rules update online for a previous battle, it says its official but you never can know, it seems to work well enough. Here is the link:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/bust-black-templar-5th-edition/
CO 46th Frostshields

"Relish The Cold, Freeze The Foe"

7th W/D/L

IG 1/0/0

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
Re: 2000 pts. vs. BT, advice needed
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
Well your standard anti MEQ list should be good enough. The only thing that I can tell you about black templars after playing as them for a good decade is that they are slightly better at close combat than your vanilla marines, maybe not to the extent of some blood angels lists, but they can get close. The reason for this is that their codex is from 4th ed but they were FAQed to bring them in line with the other marine dex's. This resulted in some very powerful combinations popping up.

for example they are able to do the old marine practice of min maxing, which means taking a 5 man squad but with all the special weapons.

They also have the old rites of battle rule which, well you have to look that up I can't tell you what it is other than it means they will be passing most of their leadership tests.

They have an emperor's champion which will confer upon them vows, the most popular of which gives preferred enemy to whatever the templars are fighting against.

Lastly, they fall forward not backward, well sometimes they do, but that's rare.
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry