News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pt World Eaters  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
2000pt World Eaters
« on: December 26, 2019, 11:51:19 PM »
Since Faith and Fury came out, I'm finding myself leaning more towards building fluffy chaos lists simply for the cool factor.  I did it with the Night Lords before this book was released and understood it to be the terrible list that it was.  But damned if it doesn't look good!

I've been looking through F&F, and found myself writing up a list of a Bezerker heavy World Eater list because of one Stratagem I saw... Apoplectic Frenzy.  Forward Deploying Berzerkers?  Yes please!!!

Here's the list (everything is Mark of Khorne, obviously):

World Eater Battalion
HQ
Chaos Lord:  Gorefather (Relic Chainaxe), Chainsword.  75pts
Kharn the Betrayer120pts

Troops
8 Khorne Berzerkers:  7x Chainsword / Chainaxe; Champ w/ Chainsword & Power Fist; Icon of Wrath.  146pts
8 Khorne Berzerkers:  7x Chainsword / Chainaxe; Champ w/ Chainsword & Power Fist; Icon of Wrath.  146pts

World Eater Battalion (Soulforged Pack)
HQ
Lord Discordant:  Baleflamer, Techno-virus Injector, Bloodhunger (Relic), Warlord (Master of the Soulforges).  170pts
Lord Discordant:  Baleflamer, Techno-virus Injector.  170pts
Lord Discordant:  Baleflamer, Techno-virus Injector.  170pts

Troops
8 Khorne Berzerkers:  6x Chainsword / Chainaxe; 1x Chainsword / Bolt Pistol; Champ w/ Chainsword & Power Fist; Icon of Wrath.  145pts

Night Lord Air Wing Detachment
3 Heldrakes:  Baleflamer.  420pts

Total Points:  2000
Command Points:  14 (12 after pregame strats)

First thing's first... I know it "technically" isn't a pure World Eater list because the Drakes are Night Lord.  I did that for one simple reason - Vox Scream.

The game plan is just about as straight forward as Khorne would like it.  I spend 6 command points before the first turn to "forward deploy" the Berzerkers, and then run them at the enemy.  Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows! 

This is a list that is charging on turn one.  Will it struggle with anti-tank?  Absolutely.  Will it be cool to see 50 Berzerkers raging across the board with some big gribblies right beside them?  Absolutely!  Will I hate painting red by the end of it?  You better beslubbering believe it! 
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline ChainAxe Enthusiast

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Too many to list.
Re: 2000pt World Eaters
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 01:12:37 PM »
All that matters in a 'cool' WE's list is lots of beserkers and Kharn, whatever else you would have in a cool WE's list is just filler lol