News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wait one hair-pickin' moment!  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Headshot

Wait one hair-pickin' moment!
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »
I was looking at the Necrons thread, and found this: http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=48302.0. Is there any room for this in IG? Or something like it? Maybe not lights, but something else as drastic, other than an epic paint job?

Offline Parak

• Colonel - Best Painted Guard Army
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I like my brick
    • My Blog!
Re: Wait one hair-pickin' moment!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:26:59 PM »
Using lights in IG vehicles is very possible, you could use simple fibre optics or LEds. I used a simple LED rig to light one of my russ' spotlights before. It works quite well, but I couldnt be bothered to do it after the first one. ::)

Offline Afrika

• My MySpace
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:24 AM »
Isn't the batte cannon enough?   :D

I have my Russes with removable sponsons (magnets), removable track guards, and swiveling spot light.  That is good enough for me.

The best place to put a light on the Russ I think would be inside by that little driver view slit.  If you put a red LED in  the russ the only place it could shine out is the driver view slit and the top hatch if it is open, witch would highlight the tank commander necely if he stood looking out the hatch.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:30:06 AM by Afrika »
"Problem is that 1/2 the ppl you meet play marines of some sort so an anti-marine army guaruntees you at least 50%win rate lol"... the key word here is 'guaruntees'

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 05:38:52 AM »
was considering doing a "sight" using the markerlight, but i don't think i've got the skills,
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline Ailaros

• Why do the poutiest guys get the biggest guns?
    • my webpage
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:43:02 AM »
yeah, you could do the glasswork, but that would be hell of fussy, for not a whole lot of improvement. I do like Parak's idea about a light-up spotlight, though.

You know, there might be a use to gluing a stylish laser-pointer mount to your turrets now, given the new rules.

Visit my My Battle Report Archive.
Winner of the 2007 "Best Writer of Articles", "Strategic Excellence", and "Imperial Guard Poster of the Year" awards.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:34 PM »
Seconding the red LED at the driver view slit and the top hatch. If you cut the standing tank commander's slot off and replaced it with clear plastic, he'd be perfectly illuminated.

For an alternate Basilisk, I was going to take a Chimera and mount a sensor spine on the back. It'd have a laser designator for calling in air-strikes and such. Why you wouldn't give it to infantry, I'm not sure. It might be a NBC 'command' tank in hostile environments.

The Baneblade would be an ideal candidate for a light-up. The clear plastic off blisters could be painted, then a light put behind to give a stained glass effect on a devotional. Either way, go wild.
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Agamemnon-2.0

• The Mask Behind the Man
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:38:27 PM »
Considering there are LEDs on the market small enough to be installed inside an individual Necron warrior, there's plenty of room inside any GW vehicle for most lighting installations you could imagine.

The spotlight would be an easy one, but you could also do working convoy lights on the rear and front, or light-up lascannons.
The 31st Saros Penal Regiment - 9 wins, 8 losses, 6 draws