News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Craftworld Aeldari for doubles game  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Arufel87

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1500 Craftworld Aeldari for doubles game
« on: August 3, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
So I've got a game tomorrow and we're playing doubles for a change. We're each bringing 1500 each. My ally will probably be fielding space wolves and we'll be against Tau and Salamanders. Here is my list for review.

Farseer, Witchblade

Autarch, Reaper Launcher, Power Sword

5 Rangers

10 Guardians, Bright Lance

10 Guardians, Shuriken Cannon

5 Fire Dragons, Exarch

Wraithlord, 2 Bright Lances, 2 Flamers, Ghostblade

5 Dark Reapers, 4 Reaper Launchers, Exarch, AML

Hemlock Wraithfighter, Spirit Stones

Wave Serpent, Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

The idea will be for the autarch, bright lance guardians, dark reapers and wraith lord to bunker up on an objective and kill things from a distance. I know that my opponents love dropping big plasma and melta squads in so I'll use the rangers to infiltrate and push them out of melta/rapid fire range if possible. The wraith lord is there for a counter charge for when the inevitable cataphractii captain comes knocking.

The hemlock and the serpent borne guardians will deploy on one flank with the guardians looking to benefit from conceal once they've deployed. The far seer will go with the guardians and doom/guide stuff. The fire dragons will deploy on the opposite flank and look to confuse the opponents targeting priorities. I have no idea what my partner will bring but I know my opponents favour tanks and monsters over ground pounders.

Thanks for any advice! :)
« Last Edit: August 3, 2017, 11:54:13 AM by Arufel87 »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1500 Craftworld Aeldari for doubles game
« Reply #1 on: August 3, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
Wraithlords are not very good as heavy weapon platforms. They are too easy to shutdown as they have no invul save and are going to get hit by things with good AP. On top of that the BS/WS degrades, given a 3k point game I don't see it being very useful.

The AML does not really do much for the point in the reaper squad, I would suggest dropping the wraithlord and take more Reapers if you have them, then use a Guardian squad to block fast melee units going after the reapers. You might be able to bulk up the screen unit with what ever your space wolves friend is bringing to protect his long fangs if he's taking them.

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »
AML is actually cheaper than Reaper Launcher, the primary fire is just as good, though the anti-infantry profile is worse under certain circumstances. Putting an AML on an Exarch is a way to reduce cost.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2017, 11:02:14 PM »
good point, still need to get out of the mindset of having to paying extra for upgrades :)

Offline Arufel87

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: August 4, 2017, 08:00:43 AM »
Ok, so apparently the gloves are off and both my opponents are using hardcore Tau. I'm talking R'Varnas, Railgun Piranhas, Pathfinders, Forgeworld Hazard battlesuits, Broadsides, stealth suits and Ghostkeels.

Here's an updated list. Playing in 6 hours so any last minute advice is appreciated!!

Farseer Skyrunner (Guides and dooms stuff)

5 Dark Reapers, 4 Reaper Launchers, Exarch, Tempest Launcher (For the stealths/ghost keels as they incur negative hit penalties)

Hemlock Wraithfighter, Spirit Stones (Zoom around murdering big things)

5 Fire Dragons, Exarch (Same as above)

2 Hornets, Bright Lances, Crystal Targetting Matrixes (More big game hunters in a squadron so as to benefit from guide)

7 Warp Spiders, Exarch, Extra Deathspinner, Powerblades (Hopefully benefit from the Hemlock's conceal. Hunt pathfinders etc.)

6 Swooping Hawks, Exarch (Same as above)
« Last Edit: August 4, 2017, 08:07:16 AM by Arufel87 »

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #5 on: August 4, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »
Nothing to say about the list may be drop a Spyder to power you Serpent with Brigh lance and crystal targeting matrix, could help dealing with the thing the dragon are trying to blow up because it's very likely you are going to be in the face of said ennemy with no closer unit than it. Against big target it could be intresting.

Edit : Good luck btw. May the Eldar way be victorious in battle.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2017, 09:25:49 AM by Grizzlykin »
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Arufel87

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: August 4, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »
So we had to call time on turn 4 but we sort of won. My ally took a tank company in the end and we had hardly any anti infantry firepower to chew through the hordes of drones. I bore the brunt of the firepower in the first two turns and lost everything apart from the farseer and hornets. My ally only lost a single tank though so we won the game. In hindsight I should have been better prepared for the insane amount of drop melta and pulse round spam. I'm considering investing in wraithguard as at least they would weather a turn one alpha strike better than my flimsy aspect warriors did.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2017, 07:10:39 PM by Arufel87 »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2017, 12:47:30 AM »
well if forgeworld is in... take a look at Shadow spectres, good armour save, hard to hit, better range than warp spiders (weapon wise), solid movement and an option to flame stuff..

Offline Arufel87

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
I would honestly like to use shadow spectres but daaaaaaaayum are those models expensive! I know we're into a luxury hobby and all but £45 for 5 dudes is some serious spends. 2 sets of wraith guard bought. Now to decide what to equip them with.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #9 on: August 5, 2017, 08:00:25 AM »
I would honestly like to use shadow spectres but daaaaaaaayum are those models expensive! I know we're into a luxury hobby and all but £45 for 5 dudes is some serious spends. 2 sets of wraith guard bought. Now to decide what to equip them with.

Totally agree with the pricing issue that's why I don't buy forgeworld stuff yet. Too freaking expensive.

That said, your wraithguard I would take one set of each so you can't go wrong :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #10 on: August 5, 2017, 09:22:47 AM »
I would honestly like to use shadow spectres but daaaaaaaayum are those models expensive!
yeah, but if you are playing with friends, just sub other models in.

Price wise its roughly an extra 5 GBP over a box of wraithguard from a local GW store, just have to find a group of people buying stuff from them so we get free shipping.