News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ghostlords 2000 pt MC list  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
Ghostlords 2000 pt MC list
« on: July 7, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »
Here is yet another list I have been wanting to do for awhile now, an Eldar MC list. Now, I could potential make this ENTIRELY out of MCs, but as it stands that is far less effective and I am not going to buy the amount of wraithlords that might require. This list, I feel, is more effective, and I only need get my hands on 2 more lords. While I am less than confident in the abilities of wraithlords in their current form, I still think this will be a fun list to field.

Supreme Command Detachment (Ynnari)

Farseer (1)
    1 Farseer: Witchblade,Shuriken pistol, Guide, Fortune

Farseer (1)
    1 Farseer: Witchblade,Shuriken pistol, Guide, Fortune

Wraithseer (1)
     1 Wraithseer: Ghostspear, D-Cannon

Spearhead Detachment (Ynnari)

Spiritseer (1)
    1 Spiritseer: Witchblade,Shuriken pistol, Conceal/Reveal

Wraithlord (1)
     1 Wraithlord: 2x EML, 2x Shuriken Catapults

Wraithlord (1)
     1 Wraithlord: 2x BL, 2x Shuriken Catapults

Wraithlord (1)

Spiritseer (1)
    1 Spiritseer: Witchblade,Shuriken pistol, Enhance/Drain

Wraithlord (1)
     1 Wraithlord: 2x SC, 2x Flamers, Ghostglave

Wraithlord (1)

Wraithlord (1)

Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment (Ynnari)

Wraithknight (1)
      1 Wraithknight: 2x Heavy Wraithcannons, 2x Scatterlasers

total: 1994 pts

Basic plan is that the farseers, the 3 lords from my first detachment, and the knight will hang back and take out high-priority threats from the rear. The 3 other lords, the spiritseers, and the wraithseers will march down the field, using flamers on hordes and assaulting as needed. Very little in this list gets benefit from being either Asuryani or Ynnari, but i figure the psychics can through down a few extra powers/smites with Ynnari, giving it the edge here.

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Ghostlords 2000 pt MC list
« Reply #1 on: July 7, 2017, 11:02:07 PM »
G'day Tweedz!
You have 6 Wraith Lords? Wow! Not to sure how many friends I'd have left if I fielded that. Would be a hoot to find out... Bwahaha!!
Strong list, good plan, mate... Be well!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »
Looks like a cool list! Only advice. Can give is split up the bright Lance's and eml to all the wraithlords. They can fire different guns at different targets, so you might as well make make taking out all your ranged anti-tank harder to accomplish.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Tweedz

« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »
Looks like a cool list! Only advice. Can give is split up the bright Lance's and eml to all the wraithlords. They can fire different guns at different targets, so you might as well make make taking out all your ranged anti-tank harder to accomplish.

That would be simple enough to do.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
Yeah. Giving them all a shuirken Cannon and anti-tank weapon makes them all very versatile. The flamers are a great choice too, great overwatch insurance.

Is there a way you can give all the wraithlords duel flamers?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Tweedz

« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »
I could, but that would mean sacrificing some heavy weapons. If the meta in my area turns toward hordes though, I would definitely consider giving flamers to every lord. They can be truly nasty against hordes.

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »
Yeah, the heavy weapons set up you don't want to sacrifice.

Flamers are just so good. Especially since you can overwatch, or advance, with no penalty to shooting.

Looks like a cool list though! I always liked wraithlords.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: July 9, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
Wow, that looks seriously impressive, even on paper! :)

My initial thought was that I wouldn't rate this list too high competitively - mainly because an individual Wraithlord is a lacklustre unit. But then I realised that the sheer number of WLs may actually turn quantity into quality, so to speak. Many opponents might simply not have enough firepower to deal with that many T7 W10 targets, especially seeing that they're backed up with a WK, that can take out half of the enemy army alone if not dealt with decisively and early :D

I have questions about your character setup though.
1) Do you really need a second Farseer? You can't attempt more than one instance of Fortune or Guide anyway. While having an extra Smite is nice, I'm not sure if it's worth extra 100+ pts, especially since you already have 4 3 of those. Dropping one Farseer will free up points for flamers and other upgrades if need be.
2) Spiritseers certainly look very thematic here, but what's the actual benefit of having them? Getting them into combat will be long and fairly hazardous, yet that's the only way of getting any benefit from their abilities. Remember that Conceal only works on Infantry/Bikes and wouldn't affect Wraithlords.

On the second thought, Smiting is still good, and the way your army is designed now, it can have the whopping five four full-sized Smites smashing into the enemy once you're within 18". That's potentially a full-sized unit severely damaged or a small unit wiped out, from psychics alone. With this in mind, what you could do to free up points for a few more flamers is replace one of the two Farseers with a third Spiritseer.

And BTW, you can merge your Wraithknight into the Supreme Command detachment ;) This changes nothing but would look neater and will limit the number of detachments to 3, which is the recommended maximum for 2000 pts.

EDIT:
After checking Wraithseer entry I realised that he can't use Smite, which is sad. Four Smites is still pretty good though.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2017, 09:54:41 AM by SeekingOne »
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Tweedz

« Reply #8 on: July 9, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »
The conceal/reveal is likely useless, you are right. The spiritseers are mainly there for the bonus to-hit bubble they give to spirit hosts. It does not take effect until they are damn close, sure but still useful. In hindsight, an autarch's bubble would be more useful to the long-range units.

As for the farseers, I am looking but can't find the rule that says I can't do the same psychic power more than once. The rules clearly states the same model can't, but nothing on multiple models each using the same power. Did I miss it somewhere?

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #9 on: July 9, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
As for the farseers, I am looking but can't find the rule that says I can't do the same psychic power more than once. The rules clearly states the same model can't, but nothing on multiple models each using the same power. Did I miss it somewhere?

It's a rule of the Matched Play missions called "Psychic Focus", page 215 of the main rulebook.
Basically, if you're playing in the "Matched Play" mode, you're only allowed one attempt of each psychic power per psychic phase, regardless of how many of your psykers know it (except Smite, which is unlimited).
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Tweedz

« Reply #10 on: July 9, 2017, 10:36:47 AM »
Ugh that is obnoxious both in where they placed that rule and what it does... I hope that Ulthwe has some way to get around that if they give us special rules for craftworlds later, otherwise whats the point?

Anyway, with that stuff in mind I redid the list a bit. Took out the supreme command detachment and folded the wraithseer into the main forces. I will be taking eldrad for his abilities, mainly guiding the knight, and an autarch so that all my ranged lords get that nice reroll.

Eldrad Ulthran (1)

Autarch (1)
    1 Autarch: Shuriken Pistol, Power Sword, Reaper Launcher

Wraithlord (1)
     1 Wraithlord: 2x EML, 2x Shuriken Catapults, Ghostglaive

Wraithlord (1)

Wraithlord (1)

Spiritseer (1)
    1 Spiritseer: Witchblade,Shuriken pistol, Enhance/Drain

Wraithseer (1)
     1 Wraithseer: Ghostspear, D-Cannon

Wraithlord (1)

Wraithlord (1)

Wraithlord (1)

Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment (Ynnari)

Wraithknight (1)
      1 Wraithknight: 2x Heavy Wraithcannons, 2x Scatterlasers

total: 2000 pts