News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sisters Tactica - Repentia vs Conclave vs Command  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Sisters Tactica - Repentia vs Conclave vs Command
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »
Going through the rule book again, my mind is a flurry with ideas and trying to figure out which would be the best assault unit to bring.

Sororitias Command

The best use for them that I can see is this layout
Hospitaller and 4 Power Axes and an attached Priest with nothing.
Its 160 points and fits in an Immolator.  This gives you a very tough unit against regular attacks since they can reroll their saves and then get FNP afterwards.  On the charge they get 16 TEQ penetrating attacks.  The reason why I didn't give the priest anything is because without needing the attacks of a character, I can just deny challenges. Also, frag grenades.

Battle Conclave

With how cheap Arcos got I would put the best layout at
Crusaders x4, Assassins, x3, Arcos x3. That's 135 ponits.
You get a tough front, high initiative for sweeps, and lots of attacks.  They can only pen MEQ saves but have a lot of attacks for hordes.  15 str 5 attacks and 20 power sword attacks.

Repentia

Full unit of 10 is 155 points.  Their faith power almost makes them a one time use unit but they hit harder then anything else.  36 eviscerator attacks on the charge will drop anything that isn't a monolith.  Trick is getting there. 

So what do you think?  Would you change up how they're loaded out? Which do you feel is the most useful?
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
Re: Sisters Tactica - Repentia vs Conclave vs Command
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2013, 02:50:05 AM »
The reason why I didn't give the priest anything is because without needing the attacks of a character, I can just deny challenges. Also, frag grenades.

Also, the 'Smash' war hymn if you really need it.

Depends if you're holding back as a counterassault unit or going forwards. If you're going to be in the centre of a gun-line, you can't go wrong with the Sacred Banner Of The Order Militant - that area effect attack bonus is just wrong, and whilst you lose one sister's attacks, at +1 attack per model you get an equivalent increase on the rest of the squad.

If using them more aggressively...stic k with more axes or mauls.

Crusader/assassin pairings are not just the best melee unit in the Adepta Sororitas book but one of the best anywhere.
Essentially, it comes down to what your army needs. A battle conclave is the toughest and killiest melee unit, so aim for that UNLESS:
1) You want a pure sororitas force.

2) You expect to face walkers, monstrous creatures and stuff rocking a 2+ save. In which case repentia. Adepta sororitas armies have a bit of a weakness for monstrous creatures, and they are one of the best monster-shredders in the game, whilst conclaves now (rightly) top out at AP3

3) You want a counter-attack rather than assault unit. If stood in the middle of a gun-line and hoping never to have to fight, then a sororitas command squad is best - not quite as good in a straight fight as the others, but able to actually achieve something prior to the lines meeting. Sacred Standard, Laud Hailer, hell, even a heavy weapon, are options you can throw in without totally losing your assault capability, and boosting up others around you is as valid an option as being good yourself. Multiple priests leading squads with improved reroll-armour-saves-war-hymn actually makes the army not bad at all in assault
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »

1) I was thinking of converting this into sister crusaders and death cult
High Elf Shadow Warriors / Sisters of Avelorn | Games Workshop
They have the same sleeves, give them shields and more high tech weapons, and with some clever painting, I think I can work them in really well.

2) I agree, I always like the concept of the Repentia and being able to tear through anything makes me happy.  With their new Faith power and the fact they can take a dedicated transport I think they'll always have a spot in my army.

The question now comes is, do I take 10 in a rhino or would 6 in an immolator work as well?  Nothing like a multimelta to pop the transport before they get there.

3) That makes sense, the command does seem like they can hold the line really well.  Plus they can all take heavy bolters while they're there.

So it looks to me like all 3 have their place in one list.  Repentia charging against the big stuff, the conclave going after anything else, and the command holding the line at the back.  Hm. 
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
If taking an assault unit, take it as big as you can. Especially for repentia; they desperately need warm bodies to absorb casualties.

Immolators are better for command units (who can't be big) or dominions (who are essentially four meltaguns with some attached battle sisters).
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685