News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2009: Dark Eldar Poster of the Year Nominations  (Read 1795 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2009.

See the above for the rules and specifics of the Forum Awards, and use the linked thread for general questions.

Make your nominations for the Dark Eldar Poster of the Year here in this thread or through PMing me (though clearly title it so I can easily tell what it's about). The only limit is that you can not nominate the previous winner, which was in this case was Grumpy Kiwi. You can only nominate a single person for an award, but there is no limit to how many awards you can nominate someone for (whether the same member or a different one).

Oh, and people, please remember to use full usernames or link to the profile as I don't know every member of this site's nickname/acronym/shorthand/etc. etc. etc.

Nominees
  • Khodexus [8]
  • Ollieb [1]
  • Shadows Revenge [1]

~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 09:31:45 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
Re: The 40kOnline Forum Awards 2009: Dark Eldar Poster of the Year Nominations
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 11:13:52 PM »
I nominate Khodexus.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:03:48 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Whoa there.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:56:04 PM »
I nominate Khodexus.

Must agree - especially with his work on the codex in the projects board

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:03:58 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »
I nominate Ollieb.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Khodexus

• BANNED Spammer - Mods simply don't understand
  • I guess I'm just safest not posting anything...
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 03:12:02 AM »
Thanks for the nominations, I must admit I was surprised coming on here yesteday to see I was the ONLY nomination so far.

Anyways, I've been considering a nomination myself, and will post one up shortly.
Current Projects: Necrondus – the Lost City, Codex: Dark Eldar – Revised.  C&C appreciated.

Dark Eldar Poster of the Year 009.M3 (2009)
BANNED spammer 010.M3 (2010)

Offline Spacefrisian

• This is no Zaku
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 03:21:23 AM »
My vote also goes to Khodexus.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:55:57 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Prey i don't take you alive

Offline Grumpy Kwi

• Archite
  • Ancient
  • Ask me for the DE True Type Font
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 03:10:37 AM »
I vote for Khodexus - I admire his enthusiasm to help no matter what the topic.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:13:38 AM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline Evil Pooky

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 03:36:40 AM »
Khodexus for his revised codex work

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 10:13:44 AM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline klemanius

• Slave count:31 orks 4 SMs 9 nids 8 eldar 1farseer
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »
Khodexus all the way

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:08:38 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline Khodexus

• BANNED Spammer - Mods simply don't understand
  • I guess I'm just safest not posting anything...
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 06:02:05 AM »
Okay, after considering it very carefully, I am going to nominate Shadows Revenge.  He's a newer member, but he's been very helpful, friendly (in a murderous backstabbing True Kin sort of way, befitting a resident of Commorragh [/roleplay]) and I've found my dicsussions with him and the things he's chosen to contribute to be very entertaining and insightful.

I seriously considered nominating the Kharandhil, who seems to be very active on the boards, and always has something to say.  But I think he needs to consider some of his posts more carefully sometimes, I've seen him come across as very abrasive without meaning to.  And I mean no offense by that, I know I myself can be abrasive at times as well.

Either way, keep up the good work, both of you.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:59:54 AM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »
Current Projects: Necrondus – the Lost City, Codex: Dark Eldar – Revised.  C&C appreciated.

Dark Eldar Poster of the Year 009.M3 (2009)
BANNED spammer 010.M3 (2010)

Offline Lord Laharl

• "Why? you ask... Why not?"
I'll go with Khodexus, for his revised codex work and good/helpful posting for us, new DE players.

TNX.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 12:24:54 AM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline Shadows Revenge

• The All Knowing
  • Armies: Dark Eldar, Raven Guard
thank you for the nomination Khodexus

I would of posted here for Khodexus, but I was beaten to the point along time ago. Even so I think I should say that his work towards his codex revision, plus his thought out post towards army lists and background fluff puts high on all of the voter's list for this award.

Counted ~MTWC
« Last Edit: January 3, 2010, 09:31:37 PM by Angepisster Weißer Konservativer Hinterwäldler »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
thank you for the nomination Khodexus

I would of posted here for Khodexus, but I was beaten to the point along time ago. Even so I think I should say that his work towards his codex revision, plus his thought out post towards army lists and background fluff puts high on all of the voter's list for this award.

Is that a nomination for him?

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Shadows Revenge

• The All Knowing
  • Armies: Dark Eldar, Raven Guard
yes, you could say that ;)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Nominations are now closed. I hand you all over to the Right-Honourable Poll-Master Scorn who will be sorting out the second half of the 40kOnline Forum Awards 2009 (so please direct any questions related to the polls towards him).

~MTWC