News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 666pt Limited F.O.C. tournament. (Need Help)  (Read 1903 times)

Offline PhoenixLord1989

• The road of good intentions doesnt leadto anywhere
  • Armies: Eldar, D-Eldar, Dark Angels, Necron, and Tyranids
666pt Limited F.O.C. tournament. (Need Help)
« on: September 2, 2012, 10:47:37 PM »
Hello, I am doing a tournament in 3 weeks and wanted to know what you thought of this list.

The tournament is only 666pts in celebration of 6th edition and the new starter set. I know its a bit late but thats what the organizer whated to do. Also it is a limited FoC. (1 HQ, 1-3 Troop, 0-1 Elite, 0-1 Fast, 0-1 Heavy)

Tervigon- Catalyst, Onslaught, Sacs, Regen, Talons- 235pts

3 Hive Guard- 150pts

Tervigon- Catalyst, Onslaught, Sacs, Regen- 230pts

10 Termagants- 50pts

Total= 665pts

Thanks a bunch!
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
Re: 666pt Limited F.O.C. tournament. (Need Help)
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2012, 02:52:41 AM »
Hmm...

First response is I'd rather have Catalyst than Onslaught. The extra three or four inches might mean the difference between getting to shoot your fleshborers and not, but - to be honest - a dozen or so BS3 bolt pistol shots won't win you the game. If it let you run, shoot, then charge, I'd be all over it, but if I remember the FAQ took that out.

By comparison, in 500-600 point games, where three krak missiles a turn is 'heavily armed', a 6-wound, Feel No Pain, regenerating monstrous creature - even one with so-so fighting abilities like a tervigon - is a freaking adamantine war-god, and two is horrific. Especially since they're also characters and hence can challenge or snipe (remember precision shot with your stinger salvos!) the odd power fist wielder directly.

You may be constrained by the models you have, but I'd wholeheartedly support crushing claws on the tervigons now. I might even suggest swapping out a hive guard to kit both in such a fashion (but then I'm a great fan of old-school stompyness).
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline PhoenixLord1989

« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »
Thank you for the reply!!! Sorry, I forgot to mention that the only reason I am taking both powers is to increase my chances of getting Iron Arm from the Biomancy Disciplin. I figure a T9 model with 6 wounds and regen would be just insane to kill at 666pts lol. Granted I am not going to roll and get T9 each time but you know what I mean. As far as the models I own here is a list. Thanks again!

2 Hive Tyrants (1 can be winged, 1 can be swarmlord, both can be normal)
Tyranid Prime
2 Tervigons
3 Hive Guard
3 Lictors
Deathleaper
6 Zoanthropes
24 Genestealers
3 Broodlords
27 Rippers
25 Hormagaunts
80 Termagants
1 Carnifex
3 Trygons
Old One Eye
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Blindmage

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: The Ripper Horde, Kroot anything, rarely Necrons
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 03:26:54 AM »
If you have something that will make a good Parasite you could do:

Parasite - 160
8x Rippers w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Spinefists - 184
7x Rippers w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Spinefists - 161
7x Rippers w/ Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Spinefists - 161

total points: 666
total wounds: T3 = 66. T4 = 3

or

Parasite
9x Rippers w/ Spinefists
9x Rippers w/ Spinefists
8x Rippers w/ Spinefists

Total points: 654
Total Wounds: T3 = 78, T4 = 3

Or just wap the Parasite for a basic tervigon :)

Offline PhoenixLord1989

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 03:36:36 AM »
lol nice, the only problem is I would have no scoring unit and if they have even 1 flyer I would not be able to touch it unless it went into hover mode. thanks for the reply though!