News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 750 points vs Deathwing  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
750 points vs Deathwing
« on: January 24, 2003, 09:42:16 PM »
What do you think of my Sisters of Battle vs Deathwing army???

750 pt Order of the Vengeful Dawn

HQ
Canoness Fusilade (45 pts) with Bolter-Meltagun (+15 pts), Power Weapon (+10 pts), Rosarius (+25 pts), Krak Grenades (+2 pts).
Total: 97 pts

Elites
Priests (x4) (10 pts ea). Two Bolters (+2 pts ea), and Two with Bolter-Flamer(or bolter-grenade lanucher ???) (+10 pts ea), Power Weapon(+10 pts ea).
Total: 84 pts

Troops
   Battle Sister Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Two given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).
Total: 120 pts

Battle Sister Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Two given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).

Battle Sister Squad (x5) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Two given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).
Total: 70 pts

Fast Attack
Seraphim Squad (x5) (16 pts ea) with Two Bolt Pistols. Veteran Sister Superior (+10 pts) swapped two Bolt Pistols for Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon (+16 pts), two Seraphim swapped Bolt Pistols for two Hand Flamers (+6 pts ea), and all given Melta Bombs (+4 pts ea).
Total: 138 pts

Grand Total: 749 pts
Models in Army: 45
Faith Points: 7

Or should I swap the Seraphim for a 10 strong Battle sister squad with 2 Melta guns, a 5th priest and Purity seals for my Canoness???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 10:39:34 PM by Order of the Vengeful Dawn »
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline FrozenFury

• Demon llama! Demon llama where?!
    • The Zone
Re:750 points vs Deathwing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 12:01:25 AM »
Hmm...nice army.  I think I'd stick with the Seraphim though.  Against Deathwing, you never know when they'll pull out some tanks or the like, even in a 750 point game.  Plus they can dish out a nasty amount of attacks...  Also, switch out the flamers in at least one, if not two of the squads for flamers.  With Acts of Faith even flamers can be nasty to marines...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 12:03:31 AM by FrozenFury »
A word to the wise is useless.  It's the stupid ones that need the advice!

If electrons make electricity, then to morons make morality?...

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 12:34:15 AM »
Nah, I only have 7 faith points, so i think i might stick to the meltaguns...
I know what you mean about Flamers + AoF = nasty. I've taken down 2 termies with a flamer without Divine guidence  ;D
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 11:08:01 AM »
I think you could still go for using a faith point for that crucial round of flamers right before assault.  Remember, you can technically have 14 faith points if anything starts dieing, so I think you can spare it (you're not gonna be taking THAT many of those 4+ saves, are you?).

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 10:27:16 PM »
How about this???

HQ
Canoness Fusilade (45 pts) with Bolter-Meltagun (+15 pts), Power Weapon (+10 pts), Rosarius (+25 pts), Krak Grenades (+2 pts), Purity Seals (+5 pts).
Total: 102 pts

Elites
Priests (x4) (10 pts ea). All with Bolters (+2 pts ea), and Purity Seals (+5 pts).
Total: 68 pts

Troops

Battle Sister Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Two given Flamers (+3 pts ea).
Total: 106 pts

Battle Sister Squad (x5) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Two given Meltaguns (+10 pts ea).

Fast Attack
Seraphim Squad (x6) (16 pts ea) with Two Bolt Pistols. Veteran Sister Superior (+10 pts) swapped two Bolt Pistols for Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon (+16 pts), and Purity Seals (+5 pts), two Seraphim swapped Bolt Pistols for two Hand Flamers (+6 pts ea), and all given Melta Bombs (+4 pts ea).
Total: 163 pts

Grand Total: 749 pts
Models in Army: 47

Also, a question about spirit of the Myrtar. Is the save subject to the normal rules for AP (so you wouldn't be able to take it on anything bigger that a Big Shooter (St 5, ap 5))???

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 11:38:50 PM »
No, think of it as an Invulnerable save ('cept you can still take it against C'tan phase swords...).  The Emperor works in mysterious ways...  ;)

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 11:50:27 PM »
Nasty... but isn't a C'tan S6??? you can't use it against instand kill weapons (S6+)

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2003, 12:09:25 AM »
I said C'tan PHASE SWORD, meaning the assassain sword...

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2003, 12:19:49 AM »
ah, sorry....

Have you looked at my Canoness in Dread at the VDR tanks post yet???

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003, 11:52:27 AM »
Not yet...I'll have a peek.

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2003, 03:58:09 AM »
Changed the army list again:

HQ
Canoness Fusilade (45 pts) with Plasma Pistol (+10 pts), Axe of Retrubution (+20 pts), Rosarius (+25 pts).
Total: 100 pts

Elites
Priests (x3) (10 pts ea). All with Bolt Pistols and Close Combat weapons (+2 pt ea)
Total: 36 pts

Troops:
  Redemptionists (x20) (5 pts ea). 4 upgraded to Zelots and given Eviscerators (+15 pts ea), one given a Flamer (+6 pts), one given a grenade Launcher (+5 pts), and one upgraded to Pedemptor Priest (+15 pts). Priest swapped Close Combat Weapon for Bolt Pistol (free).
Total: 186 pts

Battle Sister Squad (x10) (10 pts ea) with Bolters. Two given Flamers (+3 pts ea).
Total: 106 pts

Fast Attack
Seraphim Squad (x5) (16 pts ea) with Two Bolt Pistols. Sister Superior swapped tein bolt Pistols for Bolt Pistol and Power weapon (+8 pts), upgraded to Veteran Sister Superior (+10 pts) swapped Bolt Pistol for Plasma Pistol (+9 pts), and given Purity Seals (+5 pts). All given Melta Bombs (+4 pts ea).
Total: 132 pts

Grand Total: 750 pts

Models in Army: 54

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 06:27:23 AM »
The Martyr is NOT an invulnerable save.

The spirit of the martyr is EXACTLY like the Deathcompanys ability to ignore wounds.

Meaning that it can be taken against all things but Instant kill weapons(double strenght and a few other weapons) or powerweapons(of all different kinds. C'tan phase sword is one of those).
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 08:22:04 PM »
I forgot about the not being able to take it against power weapons. It is basically a 4+ Med-kit.