News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Victory for the Waagh!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
Victory for the Waagh!
« on: December 4, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »
Just thought I would share - ork sweep at our local tournament today.  1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

I took first with a biker and buggy list, second was a friend of mine with boyz and meganobz in trukks and some storm boyz, third was another friend with 3 units of lootas, big meks, and a kan wall (very shooty list).

Other armies were 2 marine, 2 chaos marine, eldar, dark eldar, and tau.

Go Green!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Victory for the Waagh!
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »
Congrats on the win, any pictures? What armies did you krump, what armies did they krump?

Do you plan to do any batreps? I realize at tourney it is pressed for time so you barely have time for notes or pictures but any bit will do.

Oh and since this is a new thread,  and some people will probably read this, please let me do some advertising.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Azonalanthious

• Biker Nob | KoN Veteran
  • When in doubt, use more explosives.
Re: Victory for the Waagh!
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
*chuckle* Nice ad.  I don't have a decent camera, so pictures from me are a rare thing indeed.  :D  Didn't really take full notes for proper bat reps, but the quick version:

Game 1:  Kill points vs eldar, eldar player had 9 walkers, 3 vipers, jetbike squad, banshee squad, 3 serpents, 2 small dire avenger squads.  His walkers all outflanked, rest of his army reasonably centered.  Buggies hunted vipers on the left flank and serpents from the right flank, warbikers went hey diddly diddly right up the middle, krumping as they went.  Amusement highlight was when his banshee's managed to get a charge in on my nob bikers, and didn't manage to actually kill a single model despite the fact that they weren't fully wound allocated (though they were partially just due to the regular gear I take with them and I did take advantage of that) who then turned around and krumped 8 of the 10 banshees.  He had never faced nob bikers before and said it was the first time he had ever managed to charge his banshees intact into close combat and not won it.  He had some bad luck with his warwalkers outflank, with all of them ending up on the left flank while most of my army ended up on the right, never managed to get them over far enough to make a huge difference.  Not that it would have helped tons -- I already had 6 kp at that point from killing his two of his transports, banshees, jetbikes, and both his hqs, and I only had 7 kp total so he would have needed to table me with them, which wasn't happening.   Finished up 9 kp to 4 -- kp in this game were the tie breaker for overall tourny ranking if needed, so even though I had pretty much won by turn 3, played it out to rack up those kp.

Game 2: Ended up with the one player I was really hoping NOT to fight -- he's a good friend and chaos player, but he ran with 2 vindicators which my nob bikers REALLY don't like...  Also had 3 plague marines in rhinos, unit of lesser demons, outflanking unit of chosen, demon prince, and a greater demon.  Goal 1: ALL VINDICATORS MUST DIE.  Ran one clump of bikers along with buggies pretty much straight at him, other bikers swung wide in an effort to catch his vindicators between the two forks.  Managed to charge both vindies on turn 3 with different biker groups and took them out, took out two plague marine squads that were trying to shield them at the same time.  Once I got the other plague marine squad into cc on turn 4, it was really all over but the shouting since that was his last troop.  In fairness to my friend, this one could very easily have gone the other way -- he had HORRIBLE dice luck this game.

Game 3: Against Tau, which is fun, first time I had seen Tau on the table since I last played my own Tau over a year ago.  Ran two shas'els, 6 XV8s, 30 firewarriors, 1 devilfish, 6 pathfinders, 2 ion hammerheads, 3 broadsides, 2 piranha's.  Take and hold, 5 objectives.  Bikers rolled onward, blowing up two piranha's turn 1 and 2 fire warrior squads turn 2 to shooting alonE.  How sad was that - against a shooty army like tau, my bikers generally out shot them, with only a single charge with intent was against the broadside unit -- left squad's warboss split off to go for pathfinder squad, right warboss did the same to one of the XV8 squads, but those were both more to tie up the unit then in any expectation to kill either.  Left bikers pulled back to be an objective holder as they had been the main focus of his fire and were getting fairly battered.  Right squad took out broadsides, and then (since it was bottom of the 5th) pulled back in a long line, holding two objectives.  Victory, 3 objectives to 1.  Highlight for amusement factor was a buggy that had its weapon destroyed and its two squad mates blown up on the top of turn one and had been wandering around the board just for kicks ever since came turbo-boosting in from nowhere in the bottom of turn 4 to contest the only objective he held.  It died very very quickly at the start of turn 5.  :D  Which was good, because it diverted fire from one of the left bikers squad which was down to only 2 bikers at that point, so that made me happy.

Other ork players:

Game 1 for both was against marines.
Game 2 for one was elder, the other...  Grr... I wanna say it was against dark eldar, but don't quote me on that.
Game 3 was against each other.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2010, 10:37:57 AM by Azonalanthious »