News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: If you build it, it will work  (Read 618 times)

Offline trolloc

If you build it, it will work
« on: January 2, 2007, 08:47:40 PM »
I remember reading an article somewhere that described ork technology as being tied with their beliefs.  For example, the reason red paint makes vehicles go fast is because the entire ork population believes it too.  It was also used to describe why certain creations of the orks that had no business working worked.  Does anyone remember this article, and if so, can you point me towards it?

Offline Sergetov

Re: If you build it, it will work
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2007, 02:02:19 AM »
 I believe what you are looking for is on the very last page of the Codex Orks book.  Its actually in the second to last paragraph of the report.

Interesting read.

Sergetov Gregoriyevich

Offline Roy

• Infinity Circuit - Harbinger of the Dark Millenium
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2007, 02:19:03 AM »
The psykich field generated by orks are part of what makes things work for them. So in effect, you could say that Ork technology is also part technomancy, though quite unintentionally on the orks' part though.

The brainboys likely planned things that way :)

Offline trolloc

« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2007, 09:20:28 AM »
There it is.  Thanks for reminding me.

Offline SeerLuminati

• Eternal Entropy-Ex Enemy
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »
More ppl need to realize just how much blind belief plays a role in Orky society, technology included. Often the only reason that gretchin dont get a new place in society is because they dont pursue it, believing themselves inferior to the boys, even though they resent them deeply. The big mek in my army is a converted killa kan housing a gretchin who worked his way into a machine that no other boy could remove him from, warboss excluded naturally. Power to the little guys!
"We commonly abide in a shallow existence where nothing can exist in absolute permanence. All of this is subsumed by the subtle forces of time and entropy. Who are we to claim absolution from this simple truth? All we can claim as our own is our influence on the shifting tides of energy and matter. Know this, and truly exist." - Anonymous