News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k $10,000 RTT  (Read 870 times)

Offline Drakhar

• I'm a llama!
40k $10,000 RTT
« on: June 4, 2005, 03:11:13 AM »
 Just want to get the word out. In january preferably the second week i will be hosting this thing with a cash prize of $10,000. What i'm trying to do now is get some feed back from fanatic 40k players on what they think. It will be held in Sioux Falls South Dakota at
the Sheraton Inn and convention center. Other things will be included but before i can go any further i would like to know what other
gamers think as far as time of the year and would they attend. Other details will be worked out but only when i clear up this issue so please tell me what you think. Contact me at ironwarrior446@yahoo.com  your
Contact me at ironwarrior446@yahoo.com 
thank you for your time.
PS i have also begun to contact other gaming groups around the midwest for there valued opinion.
thank you

Offline Cheexsta

• Aksho Kharneth Akhash!
Re: 40k $10,000 RTT
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2005, 03:51:59 AM »
Ten...thousand...do llars? I can barely count that high...

Umm, sounds great, but can you imagine the competition! I can see it will attract alot of players who can nitpick rules and use every trick in the book just to win, so you may need a fair few referees to run around and make sure people stay in line.

Wow.
W00t for updated avatar and sig...

Footslogger World Eaters wins/losses for 2004 (>1000pts)

W: 9
D: 2
L: 6

Win rate: 53%

Tournament Skull Count: 242.

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2005, 07:30:34 AM »
if you wanted replies, you should have posted this in the General 40K board, not the chaos board.

but as said earlier, you will get a lot of cheaters at this tournament if you announce the cash prize before hand.
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline Drakhar

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2005, 08:04:51 PM »
yes, this has crossed my mind as well and others have stated the same concerns but i will try and be vigilant in making sure this RTT is enjoyable for all. And, as soon as i get an idea of how many people are interested in coming as well as other factors as winter driving in the midwest can be a real pig sometimes, but the last couple of years have been well below expectations than i can post this on gw rtt events registration. Again, if you can help get the word out there it would be greatly appreciated. and i am trying my best to  contact as many groups as i can.

Offline Drakhar

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »
samdam,
i've been to my fair share of RTT's in the area and like you are probably feed  up with the cheaters who think a 6" move means 8" and let me tell you if this does occur and i'm not saying it won't than the person needs to contact the refs and if it continues than that person won't be allowed to participate. There is nothing i hate more than someone screwing it up for the rest of us, and especially when its my own 10 grand into this thing. In, short i want everyone to come to this thing  and have a good time and not blemish the hobby or Games Workshop by cheating and bad sportsmanship. Thank you for your response.