News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Charity raffle, donate for a chance to win a painted Mars Pattern Reaver Titan  (Read 818 times)

Offline issaca

• I'm a llama!
Facebook only shares the link to the news story...you'll need to paste the stuff below to advertise the raffle.

Segmentum North is holding a charity auction to benefit a local gamer in our area. For $25 (per ticket), you get a chance to own the Forge World Mars Class Reaver Titan pictured in the comments and more importantly the chance to help a family and child in need.  (Gerald Miller is still working on the details as great as it looks now it will only get better by the drawing!)

The Roth family are facing a mountain of medical bills and could use some help. Their son has a medical condition that requires multiple surgeries and along with the stress of seeing a loved one with medical issues, they are dealing with the stress of the cost of his medical expenses. Below is a link to a local news story explaining their son's condition.

Funding Campaign Underway for Infant - KXNet.com -

The rules for the raffle are below:

The raffle organizers and beneficiary (Jeff Gleason, Gerald Miller or Chris Roth or their families) may not participate.

The tickets are on sale for $25 each via paypal (see link below), enter as many times as you wish. I ask that you make the payment a 'gift' so as much of the proceeds as possible can benefit the Roth family.

Click for the Paypal donation page of Segmentum North Charity Raffle Ticket
[Link works, leads to Paypal not a paypal.nigeriantrus tfund.ru spoof site. -Mr.Peanut]

For each ticket bought a 'ticket' number will be assigned and sent to via email, messaging, or however you request will be sent to you.

On September 5, 2015 the drawing will take place and shortly after the winner will be announced. The model will be shipped to you no matter the location, so long as a package can be sent to the address.

All of the proceeds will go to benefit the Roth family.

sorry I am trying to figure out how to get a picture of the Titan and apparently I am just not that savy on how. the painter is Gerald Miller 2 time gamesday finalist and he has been featured in white dwarf so the painting job is top notch.

Post Merge: August  4, 2015, 11:50:11 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

I corrected some of the typos in the post and added some formatting to make it easier to read.  When in doubt, use the Preview button to verify what the post will look like before submitting.   :)  -Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: August 4, 2015, 02:19:39 PM by Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof) »

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Hullo, and welcome!  It's a pleasant surprise that something that, to my cynical, world-weary eyes, seems like a scam turns out to be seemingly legit.

That was really lazy of the news site to not link directly to the Gofundme site, this appears to be the correct one: (don't blame me if it's not, report it to GoFundMe if it's fake!)

Baby Braxton Medical Fund by Ariel Roth - GoFundMe

Facebook generally doesn't allow hotlinking, and since the 40kO Gallery is down (we had to do it, sorry folks) I rehosted it for you:

Always double check page URL's, do research into the authenticity of any proclaimed charity.  40kOnline is not responsible if something turns out to be a scam.  If it is, Report it right away and we'll shut down the forum posts on our end (like certain painting scammers that have darkened our doorstep in the past).

Good luck, lil' duder!
« Last Edit: August 4, 2015, 02:47:42 PM by Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof) »
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.