News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orks... after a 25 year gap! Now with wings..! (sort of)  (Read 8171 times)

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
Re: Orks... after a 25 year gap! Paid the cost to be tha Boss.!
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »
Back to the Orks at last.

The cheeky beggars have been out and nicked this:

The Mek has done some work, but there's still loads to do... add the gunner and a gun(!), patch up the doors so no-one falls out... abb a fuel tank maybe... add a few grots tinkering here and there... some more 'urty bits, oh and of course a little paint..!

Offline Dawnlight Avenger

• Infinity Circuit
    • Bryan Maynard - Sculptor
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Tau, Imperial Guard
Re: Orks... after a 25 year gap! Now with wheels..!
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 03:33:25 PM »
I really like what you've done with these orks. The conversions (err, ahh... konversions) add a lot of details to the models and the paint jobs are nice and crisp, enhancing the detail that you've added.

One of my favorite touches on yer boyz is da burna, i enjoy how you can still see the imperial eagles from the flamers he cannibalized.

That Rhino is beautiful as well. I'm a little fuzzy on the ork rules though, is that just gonna be a looted Rhino and be a transport for da boyz?

-Valkyrie
War gaming is more than a hobby,
it's a lifestyle

The Listening Post - A Hobby Blog

Offline those

Re: Orks... after a 25 year gap! Now with wheels..!
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 04:29:18 AM »
Cheers Outcast Valkyrie... I'm not too sure about the Rhino myself because... confession time... I've never played a game of 40k..! In all my years..! Strictly a hobbyist, but hopefully that will change soon... Once I have an army ready. It's a race between the Orks and the Word Bearers...

Speaking of the Orks...

This gang call themselves the Red Dragonz "cos we can fly an' breave fire... um... but we ain't red, but we've painted some ov our stuff red..!"

You may notice the one in the middle is doing it wrong... "Youre supposed to be fire breavin'!" There's always one..!

Offline Dawnlight Avenger

• Infinity Circuit
    • Bryan Maynard - Sculptor
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Tau, Imperial Guard
Re: Orks... after a 25 year gap! Now with wings..! (sort of)
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 01:05:46 AM »
Cheers Outcast Valkyrie... I'm not too sure about the Rhino myself because... confession time... I've never played a game of 40k..! In all my years..! Strictly a hobbyist, but hopefully that will change soon... Once I have an army ready. It's a race between the Orks and the Word Bearers...

Ha! I've become quite the hobbist myself. I like building armies but ever just before Apocalypse came out my local GW branch closed and its been harder to pick up the casual games. I dunno what 5th ed really even looks like!

Dem boyz are looking good. The new orks are really well sculpted! And I love the Ork who's a bit different.
"'Ey, shuddup! I'ze gots gunz to makin' da fire too! da rokkitz hafta go BOOM! first 'doh!"

-Valkyrie
War gaming is more than a hobby,
it's a lifestyle

The Listening Post - A Hobby Blog

Offline those

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 01:21:24 AM »

"'Ey, shuddup! I'ze gots gunz to makin' da fire too! da rokkitz hafta go BOOM! first 'doh!"

-Valkyrie

lol..!

Offline choppa

• Money talks but all mine says is goodbye.
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
Hi Those

Just wanted to say your Orks are awesome (or is that Orksome), you have inspired me to start my Orks and I am going to steal many of your ideas. (hope you don't mind)

You are very similar to me I have been collecting my Blood Angels for about five yeas and have only just had my first games. Keep up the good work, I will be watching ;D.

Choppa
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:52:29 PM by choppa »

Offline slinky1984

• Gimme all your honey!
    • Willamette Valley Wargaming
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
I'm liking the looted rhino. I like that it's not to busy. Simple but very orky none the less.

Can't wait to see it painted

I am curious if the ork in the middle right has a kombi skorcha or what cause he has bullets but it has a flamer... Hard to see without being able to increase the size.  :)

Please allow me to adjust my pants... So that I may dance the good time dance

Offline those

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 06:51:12 AM »
... you have inspired me to start my Orks and I am going to steal many of your ideas. (hope you don't mind)

Thanks choppa... not at all... I've found so much inspiration on this board that it's nice to give a bit back..!

I am curious if the ork in the middle right has a kombi skorcha or what cause he has bullets but it has a flamer... Hard to see without being able to increase the size. 

slinky1984, from left to right they are: Skorcha - Skorcha - Shoota wiv rokkits - Kombi Skorcha - Skorcha...

Offline slinky1984

• Gimme all your honey!
    • Willamette Valley Wargaming
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »
slinky1984, from left to right they are: Skorcha - Skorcha - Shoota wiv rokkits - Kombi Skorcha - Skorcha...

Nice... Skorcha's are the bane of my SM's existence lol at least you put rockets on them like a man instead of hiding them in a battlewagon.  :P
Please allow me to adjust my pants... So that I may dance the good time dance

Offline those

Going... going...
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:57 AM »
howdy folks... been a while just to let you know I've decided to get rid of all my Orks... bless 'em... There's just not enough room anymore... They're all on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/those2098/m.html

I'm going to be concentrating on the Cadians, Word Bearers and Space Wolves from now on... Hopefully some kind of update coming along soon... Hopefully...