News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 point 1 force org  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
2000 point 1 force org
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
Hello All you Greenskins,

I have a friendly game against Tyranids. 2000 points

here is my list

HQ - warboss on a bike, pk, bp, cb
3 nobz and painboy on bikes one w/ pk  - troop

HQ Big Mek w/ SHOKK
10 Lootas

10 burnas and a mek in a BW rpj grots

2 squads trukk boyz w/ PK Nob.

2 squads 20 boys with BC nob w/ bp

3 Kans with zookas
Dread w/ skortchas - troop
Looted wagon with boomgun

2 skortch buggies
2 RL buggies

What say you?

I have not played tyranids in a long time.  The bikes or Cheesy BW burnas too much?  Should i add 40 more orks on foot?

Thanks,
Argh

P.S.  anyone have templates for a campaign?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 2000 point 1 force org
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
Looks like a good anti nid army, actually a good army all around.

The only change I would make is drop the looted wagon and add in two more burna boys and a big mek with boss pole and burna to lead them. Nothing wipes out nids better than 13 flamer templates  ;D

As for campaign templates I have two that I looted from GW. Both of them are SM vs Orks, you would have to do a lot of retyping to make it work for Nids vs Orks. If you want go to the GW site and look around to see if you can find them. They used to be listed on the same page as codex updates and FAQs, I can't seem to find it now as they changed the site around.

As always, looking forward to pictures and batreps
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Brother White

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:21:07 PM »
Solid list, I agree with Skeeter more flamers the better.

Offline Warlord Argh

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »
AHH the Battle report I have forgotten about.

Here it is:

He had a Fyrant, another flyer MC, another MC that had a 20 assault shot gun, a 4th MC that was not very interesting, but crapped out new nids each round, and a 5th MC that was in reserve and came with raveners?  all snake like, and HtH.

Was not prepared for that MC in large numbers.

He had turn one and advanced, his two flyers made an impact getting close to my lines and taking out a KK.  Not much else of note.  I advanced of course and dropped both flyers out of the sky so I could charge them!  Boom gun, SAG, and lootas really did a number on all the MC I could see.  Wounds everywhere and many of the guants killed.  advanced my two big squads and trukks.  Buggies moved into position to fire, even the skortchas aimed at the grounded flyrant.   I was able to charge both flyers, and I screwed up doing that.  The big troops squad failed their charge after the overwatch- similarly I failed against the flyrant.  the KK charged 1st and got obliterated by ovrewatch - both had breath weapons.  and then the dread was willing, but not able to kill it before it was turned to scrap by the MC.  BAD so far, but it gets better - the Bikes were successful in charging the MC with the 20 shots, killing it in one go.

He then flew the the Flyrant over my trukk squad, destroying the vehicle and dumping my guys.  The other flyer mirrored that over the other trukk squad.  He made a reserve roll for the warrior squad, and failed for the raveners and the MC with them.  He shot at my skortchas, Lootas, and other big Boy squad. He did not have any charges at this point.  My turn two started with my trukk boys moving into position to assault the MCs – if they fell out of the sky again, which they did!  My 20 man squad on the right flank set up to charge the warriors that came on behind me. The boom gun took another wound off the MC that stopped birthing Nids.  SAG scattered and dropped a Nid that was basically an artillery piece that did not need line of site to hit me.  Bikes got into position to charge again.  Zoanthroape was a target as well.  Charge – this time I got it right.  I have to say hat both flying MCs were wounded, but my TRUKK Boys with the PK killed both in the HtH phase!  Damn good eating for them tonight.  The 20 man squad took out many warriors, and lost anyway, but I still had 15 left, so I was fearless.  Bikes charged the last MC on the able so far, and the  Zoanthroape.  I killed the MC and did not do much to the Z.  I made another mistake and took out my burnas from the BW and charged them in as well, thinking of an easy victory.  That was not the case and we ended up stuck in combat. 

Turn three he brought his raveners in! BUT had a failure and they went back into reserves, he scattered into my 20 man squad on the left.  He charged a huge squad of guants into my bikes and burnas.  Wounds on both sides and the deathe of the Z helped.  His warriors and I were still locked, as we tied.  My turn three had me moving troops into postion for the middle of the field objective.  And the remaining trukk boys moved into charge range to help out against the warriors.  I wiped his warriors with the help of the PK and the trukk boys.  The guants finished off my burnas and wounded a bike – only a cpl left, but I hit hard back.  Three gaunts left.  Buggies flames the other guants and rokkits hit them as well. 

Turn four – he did manage to get the raveners onto the board.  They did nothing but show up.  I killed two with rokkits, and flamers did nothing.   Trukk boys jumped into the BW to go near the enemy’s objective in his back field.  I charged the raveners and the last MC and he killed my last few bikes, but the WB was still alive. 

Turn five saw him kill my wb, so he had first blood and slay the warlord.  I had line breaker and held one objective.  I fired into the raveners and killed all but one and the MC.  My trukk boys contested the backfield objective of his and the game ended there.  I won by 2 points as the objective I held was worth 3.  We finished it out to see what would happen  - I did not have enough left to kill the MC he had on the table.  The lootas were down, and the big mek had no HtH weapons that were worth anything.  The last PK was on a Nob that he killed in HtH pretty quickly. 
Still a win for me, will have to add more PK next time!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »
A great report, I love it when the orks krump another hoard army. Good Stuff!!!
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak