News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Suggestions wanted  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Sparto

Suggestions wanted
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:03:14 PM »
Is been a while work and home have finally settled down enough to really dedicate some time to my semi neglected 40k armies.

One of my close friends is hosting a game in a couple of weeks and I need some help creating a solid list to combat CSM. The points limit is 1000, however 250 of those points Misty be spent on a HQ.

I'm looking for a list of pure GK I've got a couple of ideas but would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks so much for your assistance purging the chaos filth

Alright here is what I've drawn up.  My thoughts the GKGM will allow my Purifiers to become scoring and if I'm lucky the NDK as well.  If I encounter Cultist hords set to bog down my lower model count army, the sanctified flame can eliminate a swath of them pretty quickly.  The Terminator's will act as my GKGM's retinue, and I will use the GKSS to hold a middle objective, with the psycannon & warp quake they should be able to hold fairly well.  The NDK if not scoring will provide for one heck of a distraction, hopefully causing enough grief with HI & DNCCW to possibly draw off his Heldrake for a turn or two.

Grey Knight Grand Master 380 pnts
5 GK Terminators
4 x NFH with SB
1 x NDH with Incinerator

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 197 pnts
Psyker
PA; BP; Daemonblade; 3 x Servo Skull
5 GK Strike Marines
4 x NFS; SB
1 x Psycannon

10 GK Purifiers 262 pnts
1 x NFH with SB
7 x NFS with SB
2 x Incinerator
psybolt ammo

1 Nemesis Dreadknight 160 pnts
Heavy Incinerator

With a total points cost of 999

What do you think?

Okay here it goes did some reading going out of my comfort zone dropping the Terminators and going with the high priced NWS.  I can't take any credit for this but when I read it it made some sense.  Put NDH on the IC and they can take on challenges from most things without a PF or equivalent and can then ID due to S8.  Then if I get some nasty challenge (I'm sure my friend will field Abaddon) I can tank it on the Justicar with the NWS.  Let me know what you all think.

Inq. Coteaz - Divination - 600 pnt

10 x GK SS
Just - NWS & SB
7 x GKSM - NFS & SB
2 x GKSM - Psycannon

StormRaven
- TLMM
- TLAC
- Spon. Hurc. Bolter
- 4x Mindstrike Missiles
- Psybolt

GK Lib. - Divination - NDH & SB - 400 pnts

10 x GK SS
Just - NWS & SB
7 x GKSM - NFS & SB
2 x GKSM - Psycannon

Total 1000 pnts on the nose

[gmod]Combined three posts into one. If you have not received a response, but wish to add more content to your thread, modify your post and add what you want to. Do not keep adding new posts as bumping is against our Forum Rules.[/gmod]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:49:51 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Suggestions wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2014, 05:54:34 AM »
Hmm, where to begin. An all comers list.

Inquistor Valyis
5 termis with Thrawn, psybolt, psycaccon
7 strike squad, psybolt, halbreds, psycannon
5 purgation- 4 psycannons
dreadknight with hvy incinerator.

This is just an idea to show a different kinda build.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword