News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help With a Doctrine  (Read 354 times)

Offline chaoticwarrior

• Warhammer consumes my life *twitch*
Help With a Doctrine
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:25:07 AM »
Im a newbie to IG and have one question about their doctrine system.  I see everyone using "AC" rules with all those tanks, where is the rule for that?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Common Sence is the least common thing ever....EVER!

Offline Warspite

• The Cheese stands alone
Re: Help With a Doctrine
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 07:41:32 AM »
The Armoured Company is not a doctrine its a seperate army list that is not linked in to the Infantry company army list and its doctrines contained in Codex Imperial Guard.  As you can see if you download the PDF the AC has its own doctrines.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/armouredcompanies/1/

Offline chaoticwarrior

• Warhammer consumes my life *twitch*
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 07:46:10 AM »
Also, I have seen many people use variations of the Leman Russ, where would I find those rules?  SOrry If I am becoming a nuissance :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Common Sence is the least common thing ever....EVER!

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 08:00:32 AM »
Also, I have seen many people use variations of the Leman Russ, where would I find those rules?  SOrry If I am becoming a nuissance :p

It would depend on which tank you are talking about. There are the Old Codex tanks, which are listed in the Armoured Company tank list, also found on GW's website. These are the Exterminator and Vanquisher. The same list of tanks also displays the Conqueror and Destroyer Tank Hunter.
Other tank variants had models made by Forge World, and had rules released by Forge World. If you can, find a copy of Imperial Armour. Otherwise, you can find them in Imperial Armour Volume 1.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline 'Mark'

• Major
  • Run them to the ground!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 10:16:50 AM »
Forge world website: www.forgeworld.co.uk