News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can Priests "Ride" With A Hardened Vet. / Grenadiers Retinue ?  (Read 390 times)

Offline Narwhal

• Lone But Not Lonely
 Just wondering if a priest can join a unit, and use its transport (say 8 Grenadiers, 1 Vet Sgt, and a Priest).

Offline Retired-Captain Alexander

• Captain
  • Cookies!
Re: Can Priests "Ride" With A Hardened Vet. / Grenadiers Retinue ?
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2005, 04:56:55 PM »
yes you can, but first there must be a priest in all command squads and platoon squads and after that they may join storm troopers, infantry squads and armoured fist squads.
For each type of advisor, one must be allocated to the command hq. Any others of that type are then allocated to platoon hq. If all command squads have an advisor of a given type then the remainder are individually assigned to infantry squads, armoured fist squads and storm trooper squads.

When a advisor is attached to a unit then it becomes part of that unit.

May the Emperor protect

A mind without purpose will walk in dark places

Offline Major Krämer

• Major
  • Kill the Xenos, purge the Xenos, burn the Xenos!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2005, 05:02:50 PM »
So unless you play grenadiers, you'll have to buy a lot of priests if you wan't that ;D
Oberst Krämer, commander-in-chief of the XIIº Regiment
of the DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG, also known as the black shadows

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2005, 06:43:39 PM »
You'll notice that grenadiers is not in that list that Alexander quoted. Priests may not be assigned to Grenadier squads. You will have to buy a Storm Trooper squad as an Elites choice, and field it like a Grenadier squad to get a Priest in that squad.
Grenadiers ARE NOT Storm Troopers.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline wper34

• Echo! Echo! Echo! Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2005, 07:02:53 PM »
Yup, Kootniz is correct about this for Grenadiers not being able to take the priests...

Howecer, having Grenadiers can allow the IG players to be able to field cheapest troops units for fulfilling the basic requirement in FOC. This would still allow the possibility to field other units in the Elite choices with the priest as you do not have to allocate them into the command squads. (Except the HQ command squad which requires one priest to be fielded in order to get the other priests into the units you want)

Note that it is still a good idea to have at least 1 infantry platoon for getting the infantry support. Many IG armies work best & are competitive with the basic infantry being the backbone of the army. So filling the basic requirement with only Grenadiers would not really help the army to be competitive. You could still do that, but it would require some good tactics & precise decision to allow the army being effective... (Basically, it is harder to play with only Grenadiers as the troop choice in the army)

Sentinel Commander of 34th Neros Regiment
My Army Principle: 1. Quantity 2. Quality 3. Variety
Anime Mecha Vocaloid (And Neko) Lover ~nyo

Hymirl... I think you'd better start eating reading the rulebook. :P