News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Battle Challenge Blog (pic heavy)  (Read 31820 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Killersquid's Battle Challenge Blog (pic heavy)
« Reply #120 on: April 6, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
I love those old models!  I'd almost forgot they existed until I read the last few posts.
Maybe you could use him as an alternate destroyer lord?

I am actually planning on tearing off the gun arm, and attaching an extra Destroyer Lord arm to him instead. However, I need greenstuff and more glue before I can do that, so I am holding off.
I love the OOP figures too, only wish that I could get my hands on a few.

I would use that OOP guy as  a Heavy Destroyer for whe you run single figure unit(s)..

PM'd you something too.

Cheers

As a heavy destroyer, I already have four 'actual' heavy destroyers. I personally feel that unless I extended the barrel, I couldn't in good faith use it as a heavy.

I enjoyed the PM, all I need to do now is buy some wraiths, as I have none so far.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #121 on: April 7, 2010, 06:19:54 AM »
I use 1 Destroyer to build a Wraith + Tomb Spider... Saves Cash and keeps to my theme of everything outta the Battle Box.

I do have 3 Regular Metal Wraiths (got in trade with Lazarus) but I find them realy top heavy, and expensive.... Which brings me to my next questions..... I got a line on some oop figures (internet) -- How do the oop Immortals and Destroyers compare in size and balance to the newer ones, and what do you think is a fair price for the oop stuff as I do not think they are worth the price of the current figures.

Final Question -- How would you feel about helping me make a pylon outta the battle box... ? something simular to the "paper-lith" I did way back....

Cheers

Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #122 on: April 7, 2010, 07:23:58 AM »
I saw your guide, very cool. however, I really do like the look of the wraith models, so If I do get them, I'll get the real things..most likely.

For the size and balance of the old and new models? A buddy at my store plays an all pewter necron army, and the old Immortals are quite solid. They are much bulkier then the current Immortals, but less sleek looking. I don't have any real scale relationship bettween the two, as I own no version of any immortals. Besides my lord, which is converted from one. I don't see either of them being terribly tippy, or at least from what I remember.

For destroyers, I took some pictures of one of my current ones, next to the classic one.

Keep in mind, that the older one is on an older base, therefore much higher up. For tippyness, mine are quite stable. However, I mounted my classic destroyer on a ball-and-socket joint skimmer base, so it's on it's base quite good. I also magnetized all my plastic destroyers to their bases too, so none of my destroyers are even remotely tippy. The slot on the bottom of the old destroyer is rather insignificant to keep it on a base un-glued. So you'd need to either use the old ball-socket joint bases, which can allow good storage and be quite stable. Or you should magnetize it.

For pricing, I've never seen them sold for anywhere near current value. Though, they are quite rare now, which is a factor. I am not really one to say what is the best price. Mostly, it's what ever your willing to pay, or what the seller is willing to get rid of it for. I've only really bought stuff like this off people on ebay.

Pylon out of a box? How would I help you with this? In all seriousness, the Pylon kit is among the coolest kits GW has, and for it's cost it's quite good.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #123 on: April 7, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
Fire me a couple pics of the pylon with a ruler in the picture (close to base, by the arced section, etc)... I wanna try to scratchbuild one... If it gets overly troublesome for me to figure out the demensions, I'll let you know; but I can generally build stuff to be close enough to fool average gamer.

CaHG

• Ancient
« Reply #124 on: April 7, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »
That shouldn't be too much trouble. If I have the time, I'll do that tomorrow morning.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #125 on: April 8, 2010, 11:28:53 PM »
Right, Started painting. Mostly touching up where my empty spray can failed me.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
Started getting the base colours on the Plylon going. Once this part is done, I'll finish the other bits I have not yet assembled and glue it all together. There are about four other small bits and the green crystal I've not assembled into it yet, as I wont be able to get the Crystal in/out once I do.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
I like the ratio for purple to Yellow.... it looks menacing... However: Green Rod/crystal thing worries me, as it might need some light effect painting to really pull it off.

Keep us updated.

Cheers

• Ancient
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2010, 08:21:04 AM »
Thanks, I'll see how it looks with the Crystal, once I get there. I've been starting to do lighting on the warriors and destroyers, so I have no problem doing it on the Pylon.

Also, my force now, as it stands.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »
Thanks for the update pics... I should do that for my Necrons too...

Yours look great BTW, I wish I was facing off vs them.

Cheers

• Ancient
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »
Next time I head to the east coast, I'll bring them with me. I am glad you like them, but I wont be happy 'till they are all painted. I hate unpainted models in my army. Cannot use the new guys until they are (personal reasons).

I'd like to see what your force looks like now. Any luck with the pylon?
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2010, 08:13:27 AM »
Pylon will not be started for some time (broken Hand) ... But I starting to draw out some ideas for templates...

I will try to get a revamped pic of "The Mighty Green Machine" ASAP.

Cheers

• Ancient
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
Bummed hand is pretty amphetamine parrotty, hope it gets better soon. I would like to see the MGM all together at this stage as well.

I played an Apoc game on the weekend. My Necrons (about 3400pts, without the Pylon) and Marines, Vs Guard. They had a couple of baneblade variants which my Scarabs and a Lord crippled or destroyed. We won 4-1 at the end of the 4th turn (as the store was closing).

Turn 1 Charge with Scarabs and Lord on chimera. Immobolize it. Destroyers Shake the big gun on the Stormlord.

Marauder Bomber drops 12 bombs on my army.

A lot dies.

Most gets back up!

Guard right flank is getting toasted.

Lord kills the Stormlord in one round of Combat! Huzzah for crab claws!

Guard left flank Dominates that field, until I teleport a Lord and Warrior squad behind the baslisk. Scarabs shake the main gun, and immobilize the Shadowsword

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »
First game with my Pylon today. Second Apocolypse game with my Necrons.I have a whole lot of photos I took, so I might make a reports (or cover as much of a 12000pt game as I can). Sneak peek.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:42:09 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Love the sneek Peek; but do a whole batrep and link it to here....

That Pylon  is looking sweet

Cheers

• Ancient
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »
Battle Report is done, took quite a bit longer to put together then I thought it would. Most likely because it was a big battle. Took over 100 pictures over the course of the game ha ha ha.

Glad you like the Pylon, It's great in game too.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=200121.0

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #136 on: May 1, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »
Finished a necron lord based on a Ushabti. And now all but one necron warrior (so 54 warriors) are done.

Scale shot.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2010, 09:34:56 PM »
Finished painting my Space Ships.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #138 on: December 1, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »
Hey great to see that your still with the Project and that you actually made some serious progress as that Epic stuff looks Epic -- err Awesome -- sorry I can't resist bad humour.

I would love to see a couple shots of your entire 40K Necron collection (painted stuff) all together, for update purposes, etc. And I have to ask why it took you so long to update this thread ?

Cheers

• Ancient
« Reply #139 on: December 1, 2010, 09:38:23 AM »
Hey great to see that your still with the Project and that you actually made some serious progress as that Epic stuff looks Epic -- err Awesome -- sorry I can't resist bad humour.

I would love to see a couple shots of your entire 40K Necron collection (painted stuff) all together, for update purposes, etc. And I have to ask why it took you so long to update this thread ?

Cheers

I've been busy working on class work, and have not had a chance to really work on the army until recently. I plan to get back into it now.

An army shot is here. However, this is an older picture. Since then I have bought the NightBringer, and I have built more Flayed ones and finished painting one more squad of destroyers. Also, all the scarabs are painted (from this picture) I have made seven more.

Also, Immortal Conversions. Unpainted.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria