News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 DH w/ allied marines  (Read 948 times)

Offline thebigkr

• Man, it feels good to be a gangster.
    • My Myspace Page
1850 DH w/ allied marines
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:24:18 PM »
HQ
Inquisitor Lord w/ Consecrated Scrolls, Hammerhand, Bolter/flamer w/ psycannon bolts, power weapon, refractor field
-Veteran w/ Grenade Launcher, Familiar
Total: 141

Elites
Vindicare Assasin-115

Troops
10 Stormtroopers w/ 2 flamers, Rhino w/ smoke launchers, vet. w/ pw-190
10 stormtroopers w/ 2 meltaguns, rhino w/ smoke launchers, vet. w/ pw-195
10 Stormtroopers w/ 2 plasmaguns (or meltaguns, depending on opponent), rhino w/ smoke launchers vet. w/ pw-195
10 Marines w/ plasma cannon, plasmagun-180
10 Marines w/ plasma bannon, plasmagun-180

Fast Attack
tornado w/ assault cannon-70
land speeder w/ heavy bolter-50

Heavy Support
8-man devi. squad w/ 4 ml's-200

Lance Strike-70

Land Raider w/ Smoke Launchers, searchlights (had an extra point, and the battles may involve scenarios, if both opponents agree, so it might be useful.)-254 (NOTE: Inquisitor'll prolly ride in it, also, it's a allied space marine land raider, so no need for a grandmaster to field it.)

General tactcis are that I need to get in my opponents face and rapid-fire him to death.  This army is part of a campaign, so my opponents are: 2 guard players; one of them's a carapace guard/stormtrooper army uses tanks as well (generally 2 russes and a bassie, with a few chimeras), the other is a jungle fighters army.  Then, there's 2 tau players; on of them's a new guy, uses a lot of fire warriors, while the other guy is a veteran of the game, and uses some tough crisis suits and hammerheads, and about 24 fire warriors on average, although he's been known to field more on the occassion.  The assault cannon landspeeder i generally use to around behind cover and then jump up next to a basilisk or next to the rear armor of some other poor tank/transport and blow it to smithereens.

There's supposedly a chaos player that might be jumping into the campaign at some point, but that's highly unlikely.  My ally for the campaign is a pseudo-BA players that generally uses a solid core of tac. marines backing up some hard-core assault marines and characters with jump packs.  Despite the fact that it would be to my advantage to stab him in the back, he thrashes me on a regular basis, so betrayal probably wouldn't work well for me.

For this campaign, everyone in it has agreed to let me field DH/space marines, either allying in the DH to the marines or vice-versa, or using a pure force from either army.  Its still early in the campaign, and i've fought with mostly SMurf troops, but decided that this army would be a nice way to surprise an opponent expecting a ton of power-armor troops.  I won't use it until i properly field test it, and I have the cash to change it up however i need to, so feel free to pour on the suggestions.

My main opponents are going to be the carapace IG and the jungle fighter IG, currently having some border skirmishes with the carapace IG.  The Jungle fighters player isn't really that tough, i don't think, as long as I don't end up fighting him in Jungle terrain; probably won't have to worry about that, though, since in the area where my forces are located, there isn't much jungle.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:10:07 PM by thebigkr »
Current gaming group nickname: Sardine

Armies:
Templars of Azul (custom chapter)
Deathwing
Daemonhunters

"There is no such thing as overkill.  There is only 'i need a bigger gun' and 'i need a reload'."

I said this when i was about to unleash 16 power weapon attacks from my space marine command squad on a single guardsman.