News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alaitoc 1750 competition  (Read 1354 times)

Offline swordoflux

• Armies: Eldar
Alaitoc 1750 competition
« on: November 25, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
Here we go:

Spearhead Detachment

Autarch: Reaper Launcher, Relic/Shiftshroud of Alanssair, Warlord/Mark of the Incomparable Hunter

4x Dark Reapers
Dark Reaper Exarch: Aeldari Missile Launcher

4x Dark Reaper
Dark Reaper Exarch: Aeldari Missile Launcher

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

War Walker: Bright Lance, Bright Lance

Wave Serpent: Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Twin Shuriken Cannon

Battalion Detachment

Farseer: Doom, Fortune

Warlock: Protect/Jinx

9x Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger Exarch: Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults

5x Ranger

5x Ranger

5x Shining Spear
Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance

5x Swooping Hawk
Swooping Hawk Exarch: Lasblaster

Crimson Hunter Exarch: Two Bright Lances

Total: 1749pts, 7 CP

Deployment: 2x5 Dark Reapers, Farseer, and Warlock load up in Wave Serpent for alpha strike mitigation. Autarch can infiltrate if necessary, along with 2x5 Rangers. The Swooping Hawks can deploy in the skies, and the War Walker can outflank. That leaves a minimum ground force of 10 Dire Avengers, 2 Fire Prisms, the Crimson Hunter, and the Wave Serpent.
Turn 1: Dark Reapers disembark. The Farseer and Warlock can either stay inside the Wave Serpent, and be joined by the Dire Avengers to lend anti-infantry fire support to Swooping Hawks, or they can cover a backfield objective.

Key Stratagems:
   Forewarned – this may well be key with Dark Reapers and Fire Prisms to protect squishies in the backfield.
   Linked Fire – self-explanatory.
   Lightning-fast Reactions – great for protecting essential elements, especially as it is in reaction during opponent's turn.
   Fire and Fade – I can see this being quite useful.

Changes: I'd love to add a unit of Striking Scorpions, and possibly another War Walker, but I think that would require dropping the Dire Avengers, which I'm not sure is a good idea.

Advice and feedback are appreciated, thanks!

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: Alaitoc 1750 competition
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 10:47:35 PM »
It's a good list, however I get the feeling you are dipping into too many pots, and would like to have at least 2000 points to play with.

I would also try to manage the detachments into 3, either battalion + 2x spearhead or battalion + spearhead + outrider, if I were you.
This would require another HQ though, why not take Illic and have 2 deadly sniper characters?

The war walker and the crimson hunter looks a little out of place, maybe take a third fire prism instead?
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline swordoflux

• Armies: Eldar
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:05:56 PM »
It's a good list, however I get the feeling you are dipping into too many pots, and would like to have at least 2000 points to play with.

Spot on!

I would also try to manage the detachments into 3, either battalion + 2x spearhead or battalion + spearhead + outrider, if I were you.
This would require another HQ though, why not take Illic and have 2 deadly sniper characters?

I tried Illic originally, but replaced him with the Farseer (Doom is so tasty!); maybe I should put him back in.

The war walker and the crimson hunter looks a little out of place, maybe take a third fire prism instead?

I’m trying to stick with models I own for this list, and I only have 2 Fire Prisms. If I remove the Crimson Hunter, and War Walker, and 1 Shining Spear, then I can squeeze in Illic, a squad of Striking Scorpions, and a squad of either Windriders or Warp Spiders. This will let me field 1 battalion, 1 outrider, and 1 spearhead detachment for 8 command points.

The Scorpions contribute to enemy rank disruption, and the Windriders or Warp Spiders are great for anti-infantry fire support and mobile objective control.

Will this leave me with enough dedicated anti-armor? (That would be 10 Dark Reapers and 2 Fire Prisms, which should be able to take down a Rhino or two per turn.)

Thanks, all!

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:29:39 PM »
Alright, how about just dropping the war walker for Illic, then split the shining spears into two units?
That way you could keep the crimson hunter.

Sure you could then swap the crimson hunter for Scorpions, and I would probaby go for warp spiders(over windriders) as their warp flicker jump works well with the Alaitoc fieldcraft.

I would also consider merging the dark reapers, that way they could benefit all from fortune and potentially forewarning. It's all the eggs in the same basket though.

Edit:
Another route could be splitting the reapers into 3 units of 3 models, drop the CH for Illic + somethng else, this way you could actually get to 9CP (battalion+ 2x spearhead + outrider) if you split up the shining spears and grab a HQ.

If you do have 15+ scorpions and some more troops you could potentially go crazy with 3 units of scorpions and conform to a brigade.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:06:41 AM by Fenris »
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.