News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 8th Edition Aeldari List-building competition #1 -1,500pts All-comers  (Read 5763 times)

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
•This is the first of (hopefully) many competitions along these lines. This one is for a 1,500pt Matched Play all-comers list. You should build a list designed to beat all comers in both Eternal War and Maelstrom missions.
•When writing the list, please make sure that it is legible and easy to read. Also please include the points total, plus a short break down of the tactics you plan on using with the list.
•All forces must be selected from the current Index: Xenos 1 only (and no Necrons!), so no fortifications or Forgeworld allowed. Also, the list must be Battle-Forged.
•The lists will be judged by the community, who will vote for the winner. When building and judging lists, please consider the following factors as being typical of a good list: adherence to the theme, competitiveness, ingenuity, quality of accompanying tactics, fun to play and minimal unit spamming
•From the time of this post, you have two weeks to write and submit an army list.  Post your army list in a new thread on the Eldar board and link to that thread by replying to this thread. Please only use this thread for list submissions.
•After posting your list, you may edit it based on comments you receive from the community, but with restrictions.  Any changes must be done to the original post in your army list thread.  Reposting the list further in the thread will not be considered legitimate changes for the contest.
•To submit your army list, post a link to the thread you created in this thread.  Please note, that once you do this you may not make any more changes to your army list!  If your original post in your army list thread shows an edit time after the time you posted your submission, your submission will be disqualified.
•After the two weeks are up, one of our friendly mods will post a poll with all of the submitted lists for the community to vote on.
•The poll will run for 1 week from the poll being posted, and the person with the most votes will be crowned the victor.
•I will create a new thread for every new contest that will be specifically for the submissions with any additional restrictions for that contest.

The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
WOOOO - HOOOO!

Consider this my place holder and commitment to drop a list in here soon  :)

Here it is - my list. Hope you enjoy
1500 pts Comp List - all comers
« Last Edit: July 5, 2017, 07:35:28 PM by faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run) »
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
Couple of questions since it has been awhile since I have been involved in 40k and a lot has changed.

1. Aeldari simply refers to the general space-elf species and would include dark eldar, eldar, and harlequins correct?
        1a. Does this mean it is a Ynnari list?
        1b. Do I have to include people from all three armies? ( I know next to nothing about dark eldar atm).

2. When i hear 'all comers' when referring to list building, often times I see lists that just seem to throw together any models the person has and are generally unfocused. But I assume you mean that regardless of what we bring, we should reasonably be able to take on hoards, elite armies, vehicle heavies, etc, etc?

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
1. Yes.
1a. Not necessarily. You can stick to just one of the factions if you like.
1b. Correct. It should be the best list you can make without knowing who you'll be facing.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
This sounds really fun and I appreciate the effort. Do you think you'll run a power points comp? Like 100 point list? I ask because around my gaming groups they are all doing power point games.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
yeah, there's definitely some power point comps in the pipeline

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Just realized, I am not 100% clear on when lists have to be posted to here...
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
Just realized, I am not 100% clear on when lists have to be posted to here...

You post a link to your list here after you are sure you have finished tinkering with it. The deadline for doing so is 2 weeks from the OP, so 8th July for this one.

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
MODIFIED ENTRY:
Craftworlds - 1500 - Competitive

Battalion Detachment - 3cp
HQ 2-3

1 Farseer - 113
Wychblade

01 Avatar of Khaine - 250

Troops 3-6
10 Guardian Defenders - 80

ELITES
6 Fire Dragons - 149
   Fire Dragon Exarch - Firepike

6 Fire Dragons - 149
   Fire Dragon Exarch - Firepike

6 Howling Banshees - 108
   Howling Banshee Exarch - Executioner

6 Striking Scorpions - 124
   Striking Scorpion Exarch - Biting Blade

Transport

1 Wave Serpent - 143
Twin Shuriken Cannon
Shuriken Cannon

1 Wave Serpent - 143
Twin Shuriken Cannon
Shuriken Cannon

Total Roster = 1499
Power Level = 95

Considerations

Anti Horde - I strongly feel that Horde is the strongest in this edition with the removal of templates. For such purpose as to deal with the likes of an Ork/Tyranid/etc horde that wants to engage me, I bring 4 units of guardians as they seem like the most cost effective way of dealing with Horde like elements. I wouldn't want my Banshees or Scorpions fighting against 30 orks.

Anti Armour - Dragons + Serpents + Farseer. I believe I got that covered.

Flexibility - Scorpions and the Avatar I feel are very flexible in what they can target and be effective against. Scorpions specially can help shut down an enemy vehicle in the back lines, like a Basilisk/Manticore/Hammerhead simply by locking it in assault.

Serpents are durable and provide good supporting fire while getting my units where they need to be rather safely.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2017, 04:33:33 PM by Akaitsuki »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
You need to post a link to the list, rather than post the list in this topic :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
You need to post a link to the list, rather than post the list in this topic :).

Lol i saw someone reserve a post for a future list and i didnt' make a thread for this list since it was 1500 i went and quickly edited one of my 2000 pts lists lol. So if it pleases the court I submit the above post as my entry.

MODIFIED ENTRY:
Craftworlds - 1500 - Competitive
« Last Edit: July 4, 2017, 04:33:13 PM by Akaitsuki »

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
My submission is the OP of this thread: 1500 pts competition list: Iyanden Ghost Warriors
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
So if it pleases the court I submit the above post as my entry.

That's up to Volatilegaz, as he is the competition organiser.  I just make the polls once the deadline has elapsed.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
So if it pleases the court I submit the above post as my entry.

That's up to Volatilegaz, as he is the competition organiser.  I just make the polls once the deadline has elapsed.

Yeah, if you could post as a separate topic, and link to it here Akaitsuki, I would be grateful. It just makes things simpler if everyone does it the same way. Plus you then get the chance to discuss and tweak your list before final submission.
Cheers.

Offline Tweedz

• Death is only the beginning.
Made the final edits to my list and updated the tactics to reflect my unit changes.

Aeldari 1500 all-comers competition: Footdar

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Alrighty then, I guess this list would have to do:
1500p for competition mechanized Ynnari brigade
Almost all good things come in three ;)
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
There's been some faqs and facebook posts from games workshop suggesting thinks like hemlock spirit stones and autarch force shields have to be paid for.
No need to take them into account for this competition, but we will do in future comps.

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Just finished adjusting for the new point cost rules, so have a squiz :)
1500 all-comers CWE

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
My list submission :
1500 Competitive All-comers (Asuryani)

Post Merge: July  6, 2017, 06:11:58 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

BTW, which part of the FAQ suggests that you have to pay for spirit stones on a Hemlock?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2017, 06:11:58 PM by SeekingOne »
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus