News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Demon  (Read 14089 times)

Offline bluewpc

• Ne Cede Malis
Intermission + Very Short Story
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »
Intermission VII
OK So Intermission Time.  Kinda short this time around. Well first things first coming up will be the last of two (maybe 1 1/2) arcs before the story finally runs its course. That said I’ll be working on my own universe (syndicated, I’m selling out. Fan-fictions don’t make money) though it might take a year or so to work everything out.

Obvious stuff out of the way: Lennon homage’s are afoot (last chapter title, several other bits).
   In retrospect a 40 page chapters pretty frickin long, suffice to say I got carried away. 

Nisa is inspired by an EMT I have the distinct pleasure (occasionally displeasure) of knowing. On that note I’m finally going to college to get a degree. My major? EMT.

Believe it or not this story was supposed to end at the end of the coup; it got an extension on life when I realized there had to be a final confrontation with Lucifuge and a settling of scores (maybe) with Siloden.

Zmey чорний translates roughly to Black Dragon.
Ok. I lied. Maybe I’m not giving up on 40k fan fiction just yet. I’ve been toying with the idea of a disillusioned Tzneetch detective on a demon world. We’ll see how that develops.

The formation scene in WGYTTN is a true beslubbering story. beslubbering hazing man, beslubbering hazing. This is bullamphetamine parrot? That was me.

The chapter The Session is roughly an analysis of Catherine’s Psyche. The (potentially soul-damning and blasphemous for my Catholic self) crucifixion scene with Naves represents her (albeit in a very non-imperial religious view. Tangent: I played around with having Naves strapped to a Throne but that just didn’t sound right. I tried but it didn’t work. Maybe next time I’ll try harder) idolizing of him. He is (to her anyways) a savior the soul and perhaps the senses.

The subsequent scene, with the clothes hangar, I know is a little…out there. But it has a purpose. It was her rejection (in the same manner of the burning of the tome) of some of the values that made her who she was. Venial means easily forgiven.

The doppelganger. Catherine is quite simply and in the plainest of terms borderline schizophrenic. Not to mention issues with abandonment, thus her more than unorthodox relationship with Жалость.

Cyrillic’s first name ‘Harry’ was inspired by the Silent Hill series. It was supposed to be James but a small mix-up led to him being named after the protagonist of the first game instead of the second (James) who murdered his wife.

The Lil Jon reference: I hate Krunk. Not to say I don’t like rap but God some music just shouldn’t be allowed on the radio. “Snake on a plane…get krunk” The beslubber does that even mean?

Bonnaro was inspired by Old Man Bull. For some reason I always envisioned Spike shooting him by accident Pulp Fiction style.

The night battle was supposed to be a raging battle but I decided against it at the last moment. They were running, not looking for a fight. Why did they break up? I tell you amphetamine parrot happens in the night.

Along that line of thought why was Catherine plugged so unceremoniously in the face? I could simply tell you it just happened or this: The man’s name was Jonathan and ever since ----- he’d had this horrible fear of fighting in the dark. Couldn’t stand it, hated it, did everything to avoid it, problem was it came when it came and there wasn’t a damn thing you could do about it.  It was claustrophobic like you were in a cyst, triple canopy, couldn’t see your fingers couldn’t see your rifle, you’d blink and you couldn’t tell the difference. The only way you could tell someone was out there was noise. Smell too but there wasn’t entirely too much you could do. Mask your scent sure but even too much sweat could give you away. Urine was a definite.  But noise, noise attracted attention, brought steel showers and exploding flowers (hahaha) that would put your jaw in your throat or cave in your chest. Thirty years ago in a far away jungle a guy once got separated during one miserable night.  John and a detail of three others were sent to go find him and along the way one of the men, a cherry, called out the guy’s name, “Dave! Dave!” and after about four minutes they got ambushed and everyone died but John who lost his leg.  Just a story.

The bunny quote and the Threnody run over; I hit a possum the night I wrote The Mission and to be honest I didn’t feel bad but I kind of thought hey maybe I should go back one more time and put it out of its misery (you could hear this poor thing goin). So I swerve around pull out my K-Bar figure, if I’m gonna do it might as well do it to its face and lo and behold this beslubberer, legs crushed mind you, bites me. True it didn’t hurt or even pierce the skin but I still got back in and ran that beslubberer over, again. Nature sucks. Long live civilization.

Epistle, our tattooed pew holder and assassination planner is a combination of a friend and Nikolai from Eastern Promises.

Abandonment: I’m sure any of my faithful readers will have noticed this reoccurring motif by now.  Flynn left his regiment; Lilith was forsaken by her family and leadership. Listowski was left to die by Lt. Crife; Catherine who was deserted so many times before left behind Naves unknowingly. 

OK Demon related stuff out of the way. Still not sure what I’m gonna do with EOTM. Honestly I’ve been too busy to really pay that much attention. So yea.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 04:07:01 PM by bluewpc »
War. War is your trade is it not?

And it ain't yours?

Mine too. Very much so.

Offline bluewpc

• Ne Cede Malis
Deleted/Alternate Scenes
« Reply #141 on: April 6, 2008, 12:10:39 AM »
OK So I'm still on my break but I figured I'd share this with all of you These are some deleted/alternate scenes that never made it into the story (all from the later bits I'm afraid I didn't keep the early drafts) some range from a simple paragraph to a couple pages. Just a little something to hold you over to the next installment.

beslubbered is a relative thing

“So now what?”

Cyrillic looked up from his book. “Now what, what?”

“You still have Iben’s VOX?”

“Don’t even bother, we’re just beslubbered.”

“Sure but I’d like to know how beslubbered, I mean beslubbered is a relative thing.”

Cyrillic considered the words for a moment. There was a certain truth to that, he conceded.

Sighing he set his book down and went through his rucksack. A moment later he pulled a boxy hunk of metal set with dozens of knobs and dials. He placed the VOX receiver in front of him and flicked a switch.

Static filled the room.

Ignoring the numbness in her legs she picked herself up and walked over.

+…Buenos…noch…broadcasting live from the scene of a grizzly murder has…coming up through the Western Territories…the latest in a series of political mishaps caused by the militant organization…has gone homicidal casualties are in the…+

“Militant, that’s us go back!” She cried.

Cyrillic raised an eyebrow but twisted the dial back.

+…being hunted down by a joint PDF and Marine taskforce. Several bases of operation have already been located and destroyed, including one hidden disturbingly close to the Marine’s CC. As of two hours ago newly elected Planetary Governor Nigel Hephris released a declaration stating that from this day forwards it will be the policy of this nation to respond to any and all recidivist and secessionist activities with lethal force. Jerry as you can see the devastation behind me, I don’t think he was exaggerating…+

Cyrillic flicked the switch off.

“See?” He muttered. “beslubbered.”

“Well at least we know how beslubbered.” She paused a moment and her eyes wondered back to Lijew. “I don’t think we should stay here.”

“What gave you that impression?”

“Sarcasm doesn’t become you.”

“Something has to.” Cyrillic replied then glanced at his chronometer. He let out a cough. “It’s just as well kid.”

The Assassination of JFK

“November 25, 1963 Three Days after the Assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Boston Lemuel Shattuck Hospital

15:22   

‘So,’ Doctor Thomas Mitchell paused a moment to consult a notepad then the television set blaring behind me then , damn I’m in good hands, myself ‘…Mr. Heirs why don’t you tell me what brings you here.’

What was it you ask that brought me to a lengthy red couch in the psychiatric ward of a Bostonian hospital in 1963? Madness! Disillusion! I screamed my reasons, I sought counsel. Doctor Thomas Mitchell scribbled furiously. He risked only the occasional glance at the television set. Carpenter hands, steady and attentive.

“Why don’t you...tell me how all this confusion began? Start from the beginning.”

Confusion I almost said. I wasn’t confused I was depressed! Long standing beliefs quashed beneath the massive boot of oppressive deities. I say it now and I shall surely be forced to repeat myself: I am the Roman Christian, underappreciated and in the midst of lions.

So I considered the beginning and wondered what is he asking for? True I could read his mind but then I’d be denying myself; if a little school boy could master mea culpa, why not I? So what indeed? Should I begin with my traumatizing birth? How from the beginning I was to be a slave to be thrown away in a war without a thought to modest wants or needs. No! That was the beginning but not what Doctor Thomas Mitchell, looking all spiffy in his white lab coat and black cotton trousers (casual Friday my ass I can assure you with the utmost certainty it was a Wednesday, Thursday at the latest), was aiming for.

Too far back, I reasoned, I had to go forwards but only a little bit. Was it the war? Oh I suppose it had something to do with that. Perhaps a sense of worthlessness, after all you aren’t just thrown into battle with a being that and I quote “imprinted its horrific visage in the racial memories of all living things” and not come away unscathed. Was I wrong to be wary of my callers who so nonchalantly threw me into the heat of battle before I’d milked my phantasmal mother’s breasts? Can I be blamed for siding with their unruly (putting it lightly) creation. I let you be the judge.

I take a deep breath. Yes it was most definitely the war. Endless ranks of what? No they weren’t Chinese- they were beslubbering metal warriors from hell that had problems dying haven’t you been listening?

‘Ah.’

Spurious scribbling, mental instability is suggested. I find myself questioning his fee.

‘Why don’t you tell me about your involvement in this,’ He paused to straighten his glasses and smiles smugly, ‘war?’

A skeptic perhaps but his eyes didn’t drift towards the television. I had an audience, it was time to impress.

“They were called the Ygnir, a breed of metallic monstrosities hell bent on cleansing the galaxy of all life. I was a soldier in the war to prevent that from ever happening. ” 

I’ll take the time now to point this out. It was 30,000 years ago, my oratory skills had yet to come into full bloom. Was it shoddy? Yes but allow that I was a…lost sheep at the time. Somehow I was far too concerned with my place in the universe to give much of a damn about the intricacies of language.

Doctor Thomas Mitchell allows himself a small chuckle. ‘Well Mr. Heir on behalf of every living species in the galaxy you have my thanks.’

Almost sixty-five million years and finally, I get a thank you. It must have been a god damn record.

‘Though if I may present a small query, what was their primary motivation, these sentient machines. What made them want to kill everything?’

I licked my full lips, (disguise, full succulent lips, taught thighs, chiseled torso if I’d been a woman I would’ve wanted me) then crossed my legs. Doctor Thomas Mitchell set down his notepad. Here was a man of learning and intent.

‘Kill isn’t exactly the right word, more like harvest,” I explained then added, “Not so much the bodies as the souls.’

‘I see and to what purpose?’

‘To appease their Gods, the C’tan.’ I replied without pause.

He spouts another ‘Ah’ and for all his monosyllabic words I ponder this question: Where did you attend? Still, you know me, I’m a sport.

‘The C’tans; vile monsters near God-like that once sucked the life from stars but decided we little specks of light tasted better. Flavoring as you know makes or breaks a meal.’

‘Ah humanity, cuisine of the gods, Jesus preserve me, I’m flattered.” He paused to marvel at his wit. ‘I wonder what I’d taste like eggs and bacon and black coffee; I imagine we’d vary from person to person. ‘”

Suddenly Janis Verdelect, demon-prince of Slaanesh herald of twenty-three daemonic legions and former underling of Lucifuge Rofocle strained his bloody jaw until the barbed wire sealing it slid through the holes drilled in his head and loosened enough for him to speak. Lucifuge paused to look at him.

“You wanted to say something, comment? Make an observation?”

“You sold out because of what some mortal said,” He paused to vent his rage, a steamy mist that rolled off his eyelids like fog, “almost 30,000 years ago?”

“No mere mortal friend, a psychiatrist!” Lucifuge allowed a smugly smile to spread across his bleeding lips and began pacing the circular confines of his chambers again. Verdelect followed his movements across the piano wire floor and spat bloody phlegm that dripped between the black threads and fell into the roaring furnace hundreds of feet below.

“You’re insane.”

Lucifuge laughed and detached his head and began juggling it. “It comes with the territory!” He shouted hysterically from a grinning mouth that sprouted from his chest. “What do you think I’ve done here friend? Think I got any niceties any comforts?  I’ve been down here friend for a long time. I got a cult who went behind my back to…attack… the very thing I would’ve enslaved. I got a world with nothing, atheists to the darkened core. Had a replica of the beslubbering Nightbringer living right next door with pals and goodies and guns, I nearly pissed my pants in 83’. But wait! I don’t have pants!” Lucifuge roared his amusement.

“You had a chance to come back. You spat on it.”

“And I’d do the same again.” Lucifuge growled then replaced his head. “Think I’ll kneel to that be-atch again you got another thing coming.”

For a moment the two stared at each other, king and prince, then the rusted iron stake of the cross began to twist and Verdelect gnashed his teeth as his body began to wrap around its rusted dimensions. Then with a flick of the hand the barbed wire resealed his mouth and Lucifuge continued.

“So there I was deep down in the bowels of Boston, on the couch of a psychiatrist, talking to a man who had dubious beliefs regarding my mental stability. Was I deterred? No! I informed him of my current (then anyways) inclinations regarding my tenuous masters.

‘Well Mr. Heir,’ he said softly with a subtle hint of amusement, ‘I confess, it has caused me much duress to find out we are not alone in the universe and I wonder what other Gods or Goddesses (this from a devout Catholic!) might transcend the confines of our physical realm.  As for you’re less than tangible symbiosis with these fickle creatures I can find no reason why you should not pursue your own happiness in these matters. I liken it to a spousal abuse case, if they’re no good for you why stay?’

Sound advice, I found that has withstood the test of time.”

The sound of stretching muscles, tearing skin and breaking bones filled the chamber. Somewhat softer were grunts of pain. They did not however, come from the bloody mouth of Verdelect and Lucifuge leaned his head to the left to regard Jias, former battle brother of the Dread Angels who hung from the ceiling by two industrial sized nails that he’d personally hammered into his hands. After of course, he’d stripped him of his armor.

“What do you think boy?” He shouted upwards. “Sound like good advice to you?”

Corruption Of Jias

, I had mine. You crusaded across the stars in the name of a living corpse that sucks the life out of his charges. I carried out the will of an insane dream created by an insane people for insane purposes. We are everything alike, practically twins.”

Jias pointed an accusing finger at the daemon. “You lie! Wretched servant of Chaos all you speak are lies!”

“Maybe once but no more!” Lucifuge thundered then stood up and dropped from the tree. He landed with a soft crunch and the snow was stained instantly red. “I’ll give you a brief history boy,” he said as he approached the Marine who slowly backed away, “I was born, I killed a amphetamine parrotload of life and then I rebelled and then I served another thankless god and that has been the cycle of my life, until now.”

Jias swung round and assumed the combat stance. “Who’s there?” He shouted as his eyes searched for the source of the voice.

“That’s what I always liked about your killin’ kind, always ready for a fight!”

The air around him erupted into cruel laughter.

“Show yourself! Throne damn you show yourself!” Jias yelled as he circled the tree, staring into its black womb, scanning its leathery leaves for signs of movement.

Suddenly the branches parted revealing a corpse crackling with electricity perched upon the Corsent’s twisted limbs. Jias took an instinctual step backwards, his mind registering what the abomination before him for what it was.

“Daemon!” He cried.

Lucifuge gazed down from his toxic throne and spread his bleeding hands. “Guilty.” He decreed.

Jias swallowed as he felt the daemon’s unbridled power. “Why are you here monster? What do you want?” He bellowed as his muscles tensed for what would surely be an apocalyptic and final fight.

Lucifuge looked towards the bleak sky and shouted so that the heavens seemed to shake, “Freedom!”

Jias’ face twisted with the deafening sound but he stood his ground. Above the clouds suddenly darkened and the wind picked up. The grass seemed to echo a horrid screeching dirge in his mind. An outcast he may be but he knew the dangers of daemon kind on the loose. His ears were ringing. He brought his armored gauntlets up.

“Freedom,” He repeated just as loudly, “from the shackles, the ball and the chains, the bindings, the restraints. Freedom from this forsaken sphere of earth, the wretched dirt, these sandy confines.” He rose from his wooden throne walked the length of a gnarled limb then knelt down and spoke softly, “and you should too.”

Jias clenched his fists then his brow furrowed, slowly his lips moved. “Why…what do you speak of monster?”

“Open your ringing ear boy; listen to the bells and my righteous beslubberin word.”

“A daemon speaks only lies!” Jias spat then charged the cackling form high on its throne.

He barely covered three feet when the Daemon’s arms shot through the air and seized him by the throat pulled him upwards and held his ton and a half form aloft. 

“I didn’t come here to play nice boy, didn’t come here to be gentle! Time for all that has long past.”

Jias tried to gasp as the corded fingers grip grew tighter. Lucifuge seeing the defiance in his eyes pulled him close and softened his visage.

“You know what I see in those fiery globes? Kindred spirit boy. You and I were not so different.”

“We’re nothing…alike.” Jias managed.

Suddenly Lucifuge’s eyes went alight and his face melted away to reveal Jias’ own broad features. “What was it I felt? Relief, if I could ever admit it.” He spoke, mirroring Jias’ earlier thoughts.

Jias’ face turned furious and despite the daemon’s firm grip he threw an armored fist that caved in the daemon’s chest. Ribs were inverted and organs spilled out but all Lucifuge could do was make a smile that went up to his ears and revealed a mouth filled with rusty nails instead of teeth.

“I know what you’re thinkin boy and I tell ya denial ain’t your thing. You sowed those seeds I’m just reapin em. You’re a tool boy 

Alternate Scene Cyrillic Shoots Catherine

For a while she curled up alongside the frozen corpse, wrapping a stiff arm across her chest. The decrepit villa provided little in the ways of insulation but the snows had abated and she wasn’t going to freeze to death just yet. She could still see herself in the mirror and she felt a hand move unconsciously to the round hole just below her eye. He had good aim she had to admit. Even with her faithful reptilian pet ripping at his legs he’d still managed to plant a round in her face, just below the eye and then dispatch the beast.

He strode past her mistakenly deceased corpse and rolled his friend over. He whispered a few unhearable words and placed arms at bloody sides. He gave her the same rite and she ceased her breathing for the sole purpose of hearing what he had to say.

He laid a hand on her eyes and closed them. He said, “You wouldn’t have liked it here anyways.”

Then with a muttered side he shouldered his rifle and marched off. She lay on the cold wooden floor; eyes closed until the crunching of the snow subsided and then got back up and probed the new mark upon her flesh.

And it ain't yours?

Mine too. Very much so.

Offline Ruukil

• lemons are only sour when you eat them.
Re: The Demon
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2008, 09:31:43 AM »
holy amphetamine parrot...this is long...I had to print this out so I wouldn't loose my eyes.
Quote from: KOTOR
Ruukil:Are you the herald of prophecy?The beacon to guild us through the darkness? or are you merely another harbinger of shattered dreams and unfulfilled promises?
Carth:Be careful, this one might be crazy enough to be dangerous.
Ruukil:Speak to me up-worlder!Tell me what fate you unleash upon us- salvation or damnation!Speak,up-worlder- I beg you!
Asmman:What the beslubber are you talking about!?!
Ruukil:a question.yur' uncertain.bewildere d.perplexed.underst andable...

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »
holy amphetamine parrot...this is long...I had to print this out so I wouldn't loose my eyes.

u printed it all, jesus christ that must have taken alotta ink
oink is a nancy!

Offline bluewpc

• Ne Cede Malis
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2008, 06:48:46 PM »
yeah...it took about three weeks. Suffice to say I got a little carried away. But I'm proud of it nonetheless.

On an unrelated note yes, I'm still on break and will probably remain so for the better part of a month or two (I'll probably come back in late May). That's not to say I'm not writing. For the last three weeks I've been working on an as of yet untitled scifi universe set in 2835. Its dark of course and focuses on the military but its far from an impersonal affair as the human aspect is explored to the utmost of my abilities (which are lacking I know but I hope to improve).

@666- hey are you still updating Alpha Legion?

And it ain't yours?

Mine too. Very much so.

Offline 666_Mutley_666

« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2008, 03:21:31 AM »
yeah...it took about three weeks. Suffice to say I got a little carried away. But I'm proud of it nonetheless.

you should be its bloody good :)

@666- hey are you still updating Alpha Legion?

yea im still working on it, slight case of writers block. that and i need to finish half a years worth of course work in 3 weeks or i fail my course lol. ill proberly be updating again in a few weeks or so. so far its some of the best yet. its got some wtwists you aint ever gunna see lol
oink is a nancy!

Offline bluewpc

• Ne Cede Malis
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2008, 08:27:44 AM »
wow well good luck with that. hope you invested in some serious energy drinks  ;D
As for the writers block, it generally goes away in time so don't fret about it. Actually, I've found a few good games of pool (and large quantities of alcohol) loosens the mind wonderfully. :D

And it ain't yours?

Mine too. Very much so.

Offline 666_Mutley_666

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2008, 03:09:54 PM »
well its not so much writers block, its more than i have no idea how to explain the next plot line, becuase it radically changes the entire course of the story (its the information on the data slate yet to be revealed)
oink is a nancy!

Offline bluewpc

• Ne Cede Malis
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2008, 06:29:42 PM »
well there's an effective way to go around actually saying exactly what's on the data slate. You can simply have the characters react to whatever is on it without revealing the info and kind of have it unfold as the story progresses.

And it ain't yours?

Mine too. Very much so.

Offline 666_Mutley_666

« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2008, 01:10:52 AM »
good thinking bat man :) that just might work. thx buddy
oink is a nancy!