News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: D.I.Y disasters  (Read 336 times)

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
D.I.Y disasters
« on: January 17, 2003, 10:55:37 PM »
come on tell us some D.I.Y disasters and ill spoil you all shamelessly by telling you about the reasons why we flee the house when my Dad reaches for the tool case.
1. Fitting upstairs carpet at 10pm does entire carpet with carpet tacks but runs out with 50cm to go so figures ah well ill just use a nail, ok no problem here but he picks up a 2" nail and procedes to wack it stright through the hot water pipe.
2. Fitting new front door, new front door arrives and needs little bit shaved off, he reaches for his new power tool (we only buy him these things so we can laugh when he injures himself) a power plain. Little cousin comes over while he is doing it and recieves lecture on not going near the power tool cause its dangerous. Then Dad bends down to re pick up the power plain and while touching the blades to show how charp it is accidently catches the trigger and of shots a large section of flesh.
3. Fitting ceiling fan, stands on metal ladder and looks at the wiring. His intructions tell him what to do for 3,5,7 wire systems but he has nine so he procedes to push them up into the ceiling before remembering he hasnt shut off the power yet. Electric shock and shot across room while we all laugh (we are quite evil really)
4. Turning ceiling fan on, after eventually wiring ceiling fan he wonders why it doesnt work, remembers he turned of the fuse box and pulled the fuse to be sure and then puts fuse box back on then INSERTS fuse big bag and a very black thumb (much laughter from us much screaming from him'MY THUMB MY THUMB')
5. He could write a book how to make a corner shelf in 36 easy cuts.
6. Stripping some paint from an old door he leans over a hot air paint stripper and the tool leaps about 2" to attache itself to his arm.
ill post some more when i see some of yours. amazing he still alive really isnt it
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Ilfirin Noore

• Ancient
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest...
Re:D.I.Y disasters
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 11:16:56 PM »
My friend Phil is a real genius on a BMX bike. He's got part of his chin missing and he's got a line of spots running up his calf because of a gear sprocket that he caught after crashing. He's broken too many bones to count on both hands. He's a good rider but he has a high incidence of accidents...

Phil's brother, Tony, plays 40k and one day he was gluing some models together and so he blew on the glue (no accelerator at the time) and lo and behold, his tongue becomes coated in super glue...
No Wild hockey makes Ilfirin a dull boy U of M hockey fan!

I could be weak, I could be senseless.
I could be just like you.
I could be fake, I could be stupid.
You know I could be just like you.

Help support the Biel-tan Project! Submissions are appreciated emailed or PMed to Ranger Asteria or myself!

Offline JamesBot 9000

• He who begged to be a Moderator - Commissar- Official 40kO Sucker - 40kOnline's Wingman
  • Ancient
  • It's on now, chaps!
    • Out-of-Plane Labs
Re:D.I.Y disasters
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 12:03:57 PM »
Trinitrotoluene + gun powder + fire crackers + other random explosives + match = fun for the whole family!

The "I build robots" badge (LEVEL IV)
In which, technically, the recipient is not in the business of world domination (as dictated by membership rules*), but has built a robot that is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Herr.Erdnuss
Quote from: Jimmy said this last night in a dark closet
"Sorry, Jimmy can not resist!"
There were no survivors.