News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Phantom/Warlock Titan rules, comments/suggestions welcome  (Read 3896 times)

Offline GregBluhm

Worked up a datasheet for the eldar Phantom/Warlock Titans for use in Apocalypse.  It’s mostly based on the warlord titan and assumes all the normal rules for titans.  I wanted to get some feedback/comments/suggestions

Phantom/Warlock Titan
Same Points as the Warlord
Same stats as the Warlord except +1WS, -1 Armour all locations, and +1I
Unit:  1 Phantom/Warlock Titan
Same Type, & Structure Points as the Warlord

Weapons & Equipment:
2 Shoulder weapons from the following list
Phantom Missile Launcher
Star Flamer
Heavy Shuriken Cannon
Prism Cannon

2 Arm Weapons from the following list
Heavy Vibro Cannon
Heat Lance
Long Barreled Distortion Cannon
Heavy Pulsar
Psychic Lance (Warlock titan only)
Titan Close Combat Weapon

Special Rules:
Eldar Titan Holo-Fields

Semi-Agile – May fleet 1D6” if only firing 1 Primary Weapon

Wraithbone Core Shattered – Same as Reactor Meltdown for Warlord

Towering Monstrosity – Same as for Warlord, but with a minimum range of 18” and substitute shoulder weapons for carapace weapons

Warlock Titan Head (+300pts) – Changes Phantom Titan to Warlock Titan.  Adds 10Ld to stats.  Allows the titan to use all eldar Farseer and Warlock powers at double the range.  Any four powers may be used per turn.  Firing the Psychic Lance counts as one use of a power.  The titan may forgo the use of one of its’ four powers per turn to double the range of another power or the Psychic Lance.  The titan may forgo the use of two of its’ four powers per turn to triple the range of another power or the Psychic Lance.  Each time the titan suffers a Perils of the Warp attack it counts as 2 Weapon Destroyed results (ignoring the Primary Weapon Saves) and 1 Drive Damaged result from the Super-Heavy Damage Table and subtracts 2 from the number of Psychic powers that may be used per turn.

Runes of Witnessing – Per normal rules  (Warlock titan only)
Ghosthelm – Per normal rules  (Warlock titan only)

Weapons list
Phantom Missile Launcher – G18”-180” S6 AP3 Apocalyptic Barrage (4)

Star Flamer – As per Inferno Gun

Heavy Shuriken Cannon – As Per Vulcan Mega-bolter, but Heavy 8

Prism Cannon – Per normal rules, but already counts as being combined with a second beam

Heavy Vibro Cannon –As per Sonic Lance but with a 36” range and Heavy 2.  Place the first template following the normal Sonic Lance rules.  Place the second template such that either end of it is touching either end of the first template and is no closer to the weapon than the first template.

Heat Lance – As per Melta Cannon

Long Barreled Distortion Cannon – As per Vortex Missile, but with G60” range, 7” template, and remove One-shot

Heavy Pulsar – As per Pulsar, but with 96” range and Heavy 3

Psychic Lance – 30” S* AP* Heavy 1 Need to pass Psychic test to fire.  Draw straight line from gun to target point at max range.  All non-vehicle units which the line crosses suffer a number of wounds equal to the amount by which the psychic test was made by (minimum 1).  No Cover or Armour Saves may be taken.  Vehicle models which the line crosses suffer an automatic Crew Shaken, if the Psychic test was made by 4 or less, or an automatic Crew Stunned, if the Psychic test was made by 5 or more.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:06:22 AM by GregBluhm »

Offline High Autarch Fuerach

• Its alwas darkest befor dawn
Re: Eldar Phantom/Warlock Titan rules, comments/suggestions welcome
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »
it seems far but i don't think that the HSC should have 10 shots and the HDC should be one shot.

Offline Khodexus

• BANNED Spammer - Mods simply don't understand
  • I guess I'm just safest not posting anything...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 04:56:16 AM »
A Titan Psyker?!  Why does that just scream cheese to me?  I think it's over the top, unnecessary, and overpowered, at least in concept.  As for the stats, I don't know enough about the units you based this off of to really say, sorry.  An interesting idea, but I have to ask why would they do it?  Plus I think there's already a unit called the Phantom, and I know there are already units called warlocks.
Current Projects: Necrondus – the Lost City, Codex: Dark Eldar – Revised.  C&C appreciated.

Dark Eldar Poster of the Year 009.M3 (2009)
BANNED spammer 010.M3 (2010)

Offline GregBluhm

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:45:23 AM »
it seems far but i don't think that the HSC should have 10 shots and the HDC should be one shot.
Ok, how about 8 shots for the HSC.  The Long-Barreled D-Cannon is a primary arm weapon so it should have more than one-shot in the whole game, perhaps it should only be able to shoot every other turn.

A Titan Psyker?!  Why does that just scream cheese to me?  I think it's over the top, unnecessary, and overpowered, at least in concept.  As for the stats, I don't know enough about the units you based this off of to really say, sorry.  An interesting idea, but I have to ask why would they do it?  Plus I think there's already a unit called the Phantom, and I know there are already units called warlocks.
Titan Psykers for the eldar do exist in Epic and they are called Warlock Titans, however my point increase for it may have been too low.  It should probably be +300 points (based on the point cost for 2 farseers with all the bells and whistles) and should include a Ghosthelm . And I modified it so that it clearly states that the Runes of Witnessing are for the Warlock Titan only.
Also, what unit are you referring to that is already named a Phantom?  If there are rules out there already for it, then please let me know where I could find them.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:49:16 AM by GregBluhm »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:49:12 AM »
When I used the VDR to make my Warlock-titan it turned out something like this...

Warlock Titan
Uses Phantom titan-stats except for the head and the Psylance below.

Troop capacity: 5
Seer Council (2 Farseers, 3 Warlocks, Farseers: 2x All psychic powers, 2x Spirit Stones, 2x Ghosthelm, 2x Rune of Witnessing, 2x Rune of Warding. Warlocks: 3x Augment, 3x Rune of Witnessing)

Titan Psylance (only for Warlock titan)
(24" range Gatling large blast titan-killer wraithcannon)

With a titan powerfist that came to 1990 points just about.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline GregBluhm

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:14:04 AM »
When I used the VDR to make my Warlock-titan it turned out something like this...

I've heard mention of the VDR rules on this site before, but where would I get a copy of them?  Does one have to buy them or are they free on the internet somewhere?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 01:48:18 AM »
You have to buy them, and they are no longer up to date. They were in Chapter Approved 2002 and 2004 I believe. There was a beta on GW's hompage, but it has been removed. Several copyright-breaching "calucators" are floating around the web, most not without tragic flaws in the math or strucutre, and all illegal. No links please.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline GregBluhm

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 10:11:54 AM »
You have to buy them, and they are no longer up to date. They were in Chapter Approved 2002 and 2004 I believe. There was a beta on GW's hompage, but it has been removed. Several copyright-breaching "calucators" are floating around the web, most not without tragic flaws in the math or strucutre, and all illegal. No links please.

Ahhh I see. Well, thank you for letting me know.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »
   However, you can find some interesting stuff on Bell of Lost Souls where they came up with fan made Superheavies rulesets based on Epic stuff, including the different Eldar Titans.

I for myself quite like the rules they came up with, wouldn't mind using/facing these. If I or my usual opponents had some of the models of course.

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.