News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000p army, suggestions and andvice needed  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Matte

1000p army, suggestions and andvice needed
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:41 AM »
My necr0ns has been in stasis for a few years, during this time the fabric of the universe has changed and a new rules has come into effect! That does however not stop the necr0ns, the hate for life and everything else is still as strong! Next week I'll be playing a small game of ~1000p and I need some advice and suggestions on how to field my army. I used to go with 20 warriors + immortals and add some juice for what ever army I was to play.

This is what I'm thinking of fielding.

(150) Destroyer lord w warscythe & chronometron
(360) 2x10 warriors
(280) 2x5 Immortals
(150) 3 Destroyers
(55) Tomb Spyder
FO: 8

The strategy is pretty basic. Use the lord to hunt down tanks and weak units, the rest blast away at what ever come close enough. The Tomb Spyder is there to give WBB's The cluster of warriors and Immortals will always be kept in formation with a spyder close by to allow WBB's and act as a charger that looks up enemy units coming close. Does the spyder fit into this army?  I have had thoughts about fielding two squads (of 2/3 units each) with wraiths to be able get shooters hiding in the back.  I'd like to play Pariahs but feel that there is not enough points to get them into this army. Should I add some scarabs to help the lord?

Any thoughts and suggestions?

Offline prot

• Infinity Circuit | KoN Veteran
  • Prot ZA113
Re: 1000p army, suggestions and andvice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
It seems fine to me.... basic and spread out.

I don't know if I'd do 10 Immortals in a smaller list like that. I might look at another spyder.... they just seem so important to keep all the FotM assault armies at bay.

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
I feel your 3 Destroyers will be targeted and picked off quickly. Perhaps dropping them in favor of more Tomb Spyders and Scarabs might help you avoid close combat with the Warriors and Immortals.

Offline Matte

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:23:34 AM »
What would I use the spyders for? Most things should get shot of if they try to get close, shouldn't they?

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2010, 12:04:52 AM »
What would I use the spyders for? Most things should get shot of if they try to get close, shouldn't they?

I ran a little math hammer for you against some space marines. If you have all of your units within Rapid Fire range of a space marine squad and shot every single unit you had into them, you'd only kill 9.07 Marines. That's everything shooting except for the Lord and Tomb Spyder, 790 points shooting at one of the enemy squads. You know there will be more then one Space Marine squad threatening you at once in most cases (especially if they're going for assault) so a speed bump is a real asset. Having a small unit of Scarabs out in front forces the enemy to assault them and this means you'll hopefully get a second turn to shoot that unit again. A Spyder here could serve a similar purpose but you even have the option of ganging up more then one Spyder and who wants to fight multiple monstrous creatures at once? Not many.