News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I bid thee Fare Well....  (Read 934 times)

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
I bid thee Fare Well....
« on: September 17, 2003, 01:07:57 PM »
To all Eldaronline/40K members and staff,

Greetings and salutations. I regret that I took my leave from you so abruptly and without so much as a goodbye.

The truth is, one morning I woke up and decided I wanted out from EO. This is due to no fault of Raine or the other staff members, nor due to any great injuries or even death [as some of you have apparently suspected o_O]. You must understand, I have been a Moderator for a long time. I had been around EO since pre-exodus, before even Raine had become the Boss-man. It was a much smaller community, a much friendlier environment, where I got to know many of you as my friends. I’ll not bore you with the details, but very simply, EO has grown far too large for me to really connect to any of you. What truly kept me on as a Moderator was not the job, the game, or even the joy of smacking down trouble makers [though that gave me a certain sense of satisfaction]. It was the members of old, who I dared call ‘friend’.

Unfortunately, these older members have left for one reason or another. Thus lies the main reason I am leaving [or have already left]. There is no more reason for me to stay here.

The fact that EO is also far too large [and will continue to get larger] also plays a major part.

I greatly enjoyed the last two years as your Moderator, and perhaps one day I will do so again.

So I will drift through the Dreamscape in search of newer smaller communities. I have already joined some gaming leagues, most notably a Mechwarrior 4 clan.

My Warhammer collection has slowed to a trickle [to my relief]. I now have over 8000 points worth of Eldar, and 1500 points of Imperial Guard. And no, I’m NOT selling. :p

To the EoT members: I am very very sorry for my absence. Especially without telling you where I was. I am obviously not in command of the operation [though it may be a bit late to tell you that]. I am also sorry many of the things I promised for the EoT campaign never appeared [banners, propaganda, ect]. However, these were out of my hands……I was depending on other people to get them to you. I do not know how the campaign went [and I really want to resist the temptation of finding out] and I’m sorry if my absence cost the Eldar in their victory.

To the spammers/troublemakers: Don’t get comfy. I’m sure the other Mods will tighten up the slack that I leave. And if you get too rowdy, they might actually call be back. I may be an advisor now, but I still retain my moderator abilities. You wouldn’t want another post-killing spree, would you? ;)

To members in general: Please be nice to the staff. They are, after all, volunteering to manage you all out of their own good will. The more trouble you make for them, the greater the chance they’ll just give up and shut down the site.

To the artists/art viewers: I will be coming back every now and then to post something. Might even do a few new avatars. Artists, the CWEO project STILL NEEDS YOUR HELP!

To the Eldar: Take back what is rightfully yours and stain the stars red with the blood of those who dare oppose you! And listen to a lot of Enya.

To the people inquiring about my website: I had it all planned out. Flash windows, sparkly effects, and music! Then I lost interest in Eldar. Pity. If it DOES ever come back up, it’ll probably have MW4 material in it.

To the people who e-mailed me: I AM NOT DEAD. My health isn’t that great, but I’m still here and fighting. Thanks for…err….asking though.

To the staff: Strength and Honor! The Evil tidings come in subtle waves, integrity and justice shall be your salvation! And try not worry too much about the masses. Sheep. That’s what they are. Sheep. :D

So, I’m off. Should Raine ever make good on the changes he suggested, I might be back. But in the mean time, you’ll be in the hands of Monoglycer, Lomendil, and the others. Hardened spam-killers, all of them! Don’t spam and try to keep the political threads to a minimum.

Zai Jian and thanks for the good times, Eldaronline.

I’m gone.

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline Skull

• You think us weak, but we will be your doom.
Re:I bid thee Fare Well....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 01:17:21 PM »
Ahoy, goodbye, argh!

Farseer Tyleth (learning how to speak like a pirate  ;))

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 01:31:58 PM »
Well, i hope to see you back soon. If you in fact leave permanently, then EO lost two great members today.

Good luck with whatever you do!

jwu

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 04:09:29 PM »
sheep, i'll have to write that one down

well... you still going to hang about here and there?
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Purple Raine

• The Ultra N00bie
  • Administrator
  • Let's put a smile on that face.
    • About Me
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 04:13:32 PM »
Well, as Venge Mod put it himself, it is possible to see him again, especially if things turn out the way we planned it...

... and I do expect to see him again!

Cheers and good luck with MechWarrior...
Just a fan of this awesome site.

tsalonich

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 04:39:12 PM »
What can I say, an era is passing.  Well there is only one way to send you off....

That's All Folks

P.S. if the sound is off on your computer, turn it on to better appreciate the link. ;)

Offline Ilfirin Noore

• Ancient
  • Mess with the best, die like the rest...
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 04:51:53 PM »
Though I can't say I knew Sandman, I respected him. Always about his business of keeping order... But even as he leaves, I have been chosen to fill a fraction of the gap he leaves. A gap that will never truely be filled, but one which we must attend to. So, good luck to Sandman, and God save those who disrupt the harmony of his domain (I'll be watching. Lurking. Waiting....)!
No Wild hockey makes Ilfirin a dull boy U of M hockey fan!

I could be weak, I could be senseless.
I could be just like you.
I could be fake, I could be stupid.
You know I could be just like you.

Help support the Biel-tan Project! Submissions are appreciated emailed or PMed to Ranger Asteria or myself!

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 05:03:36 PM »
Happy trails, then.  And hey, I've been here since pre-exodus.  ;)  This board is only about two years old...  

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do.  In case you read this thread, there's a small community of Starsiege players, a few of which play 40k here:

http://community.vugames.com/WebX?13@191.faCKc3lsixl.1158223@.ee6b587

Though, it is a bit like Monty Python's Camelot, I warn you...   :D
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 05:44:01 PM »
Well goodbye, its sad to see you go although understandable for the reasons you mention. Dont be a stranger and look after your health.
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
  • Hard work pays off later but laziness pays off NOW
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 06:06:14 PM »
Oh no you don't!!*tries in vain to drag sandman back*

Darn tootin! now we have to find a new venge mod*looks at Rasmuc* ;)

Offline Sage

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2003, 06:24:28 PM »
"Lives of great men all remind us, We can make our lives sublime, And, departing, leave behind us, Footprints on the sands of time."

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think everyone will miss you Sandman, regardless of whether we knew you personally, or not. Good luck in the future!

Offline JamesBot 9000

• He who begged to be a Moderator - Commissar- Official 40kO Sucker - 40kOnline's Wingman
  • Ancient
  • It's on now, chaps!
    • Out-of-Plane Labs
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2003, 07:42:05 PM »
It's always sad to see a member go, especially someone famous (or infamous to some of you spammers!). I never really got to know you Sandman but I do respect you. Good bye, and good luck in MW4.

The "I build robots" badge (LEVEL IV)
In which, technically, the recipient is not in the business of world domination (as dictated by membership rules*), but has built a robot that is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Herr.Erdnuss
Quote from: Jimmy said this last night in a dark closet
"Sorry, Jimmy can not resist!"
There were no survivors.

Offline AiR

• Ancient
  • Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2003, 08:53:57 PM »
I'm sure you will return once again and once again will you send chills down spammers' back as the Venge Mod. You have fun Sandman, we all hope you do.
Primar edict means only one thing, and everything: cut. Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary. Cut. That is your duty, your purpose, your hunger. There is no rule more important, no commitment that over rides that one. Cut"

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2003, 09:49:48 PM »
Well, then, a farewell to you...

One last thing, though... mathmatically speaking, discounting range, accuracy, heat, and damage concentration, and assuming that the listed weapon statistics are correct, the most efficient weapon in MW4 (I don't have Mercs... it might be different there) is the Streak SRM-4. I'm dead serious; it provides more damage from its slottage and tonnage than any other weapon.
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 12:37:09 AM »
So long, Sandman! Thanks for all the art for the DE logos et al. I'll probably come pester you in the future asking to use the Exodite Knight pics in the gallery.  ;)

Offline miclantecuthli

• The Unpronouncable Man
  • Ancient
  • Forever in debt to your priceless advice
  • Armies: Empire (AoS), Chaos (AoS)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 08:28:35 AM »
I'll miss you. I always respected and liked you. I think that you're a great loss to the community. I hope to see you back here very soon. Good luck with the new communties you find.
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear And I'm floating around my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2003, 08:32:23 AM »
You will be missed.
We will try to fill your rather well-worn shoes, and make our own in their image.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Farseer Ulthrion

• Hello All,
  • Ancient
    • In case anyone is wondering what I do at university
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 08:46:28 AM »
Hello all,

Take care Sandman!
The precious few encounters we've had, will always be remembered.

Farseer Ulthrion
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Read about my  Daughters of the Martyred Lady (Sisters of Battle).
Check out my collection of Manga and Anime.

Archon Vijayle

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2003, 10:38:33 AM »
bon fortune! au revoir!

*hugs sandman*

Oh, and DIBS on his job

Offline SledgeHammer

• Listen to Papa bear's message.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2003, 04:59:58 PM »
geeze... :(...  i guess not it's time to apolagize for the best looking mod in fantasy, where i was talking about u...naked in a bathtub with roses...and stuff...

Sorry!

My swedish thoughts are with you.
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."