News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aliens  (Read 1490 times)

Offline hatboy15

• My bretheren rally to my banner!
Re:Aliens
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2002, 01:13:31 PM »
i like to give aliens the benifit of the doubt and assume they're smarter than the current UFO sightings. i mean if they're smart enough to get here then we wont be able to see them, because of tech or otherwise.

the same goes for crop circles, yeah aliens are going to come from billions of light years away to write some grafitite (sp) in a farmer's backyard, sure. if they wanted to talk to us they would have the inteligance to look at our culture and figuare out who our leader is, its not that hard, and go talk to him offering gifts etc.

any sightings from before about 1700 AD, should be discarded. people  were so superstitous and fearful in their belief of god that anything even slightly unexplained would be attriubuted to the devil. magic-making a ball change positions under three cups was considered the devils work. but we all know now that thats not the case. so someone seeing a "ufo"over their farm could be something perfectly natural, but since the peasant isn't all that smart, he might think its god or the devil.

Lanorel- the universe is about 15-16 billion years old, est., and it will exist for, either, forever, or another couple trillion years. and yes i agree with you that aliens existed before humans, and will after humans. we've only started sending signals to space for about 60 years, the chance that an alien race has come to the tech. level to recive and recgonize the radio signals, within our galaxy, is very remote.

*takes deep breath
WinMX, Kazaa, Cable Connection, CD-RW... all the tools needed to break the law. of course i dont use any of 'em, no not at all.

Exacto Knife:$5, Blister Pack:$8, Green Stuff:$10, 13 Band-aids:$1, Totally kick a$$ Asurman conversion: priceless

Offline Wandering Spirit

• I Can't Believe I ate the Whole Thing!
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2002, 02:21:02 PM »
And have any of you heard of the 'Rod' phenonana (sp)???

Ps Wandering Spirt have you been watching Stargate again??? :D although it is completly plausable that the old cultures where influenced by Aliens!! as shown by the markings in some desert ( Ican't remember which one) in the States just like landing strips and directions!!

Damn right ive been watching stargate! it kicks the ass of startreck anyday!  ;D
and yes i have heard of the rods, they had a program on sky one about two months ago to cover Buffy when the series finished, they look kind of cool, but i think they are just a native species of earth
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 02:21:52 PM by Wandering Spirit »
Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking questions we find answers, through those answers we gain greater knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us.

Our people stopped asking questions once before and our complacency all but destroyed us.

That must never happen again.

Offline Malekith

• I am the NIGHTBRINGER. You are the NIGHTBRINGEE
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2002, 03:46:40 PM »
I dont mean to insult anyone but i Believe the Ancient muslims were influenced By aliens. They believe themselves inferior to god and that they have to stay on his good side. It may be my C'tan sense perking up again ::) but I realy think there is something wrong with that. Like the Stargate thing!
But of course this is me talking I suspected my own mother of global Espionage ::) I know. I need Help. Medical Help :-\
TTFN :P
Malekith
PS Keep Watching the Skies  ;D
Famous Last Words:
Safe? Of Course its safe!
Trust me he WANTS us to cut the red wire so we cut the blue
Dont Fire till you see the whites in their ey...
What Bus?
Smoking never hurt anyone!
Those rangers couldnt hit a rock at point blank range! Theres no chance they can shoot though my firing sli...
We can just ignore those spore mines!
Its not that far to the Ground. If your nervous I'll jump first. Its Ok we have parachutes.

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2002, 05:34:26 PM »
the reason all aliens in....at east shows created by gene rodenbarry look human is becuz rodenbarry wanted to be able to see the actor behind the make-up and if u put big blinking eyes or something like that that you would lose the actor
i hope this awnsers youre question ( i saw a show about this on the space channel)
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

caramoor

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2002, 02:29:49 AM »
its cos the old ones created most of the races in thier own images, and the games designers have to design races with which people can relate with. eg, the only race not humanoid is nids, and they are like bugs, hence we can still sympthise with them ( im not so sure about this, actually i dont)

Offline Harlequin Solitaire

• Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2002, 12:44:21 PM »
What if there was a fourth dimension and aliens or some other kind of 4d people were watching us from there like we can see 3d (our place), 2d (Stickmen, old arcade games (( Street Fighter, asteroids))) and 1d (a dot). We can see those dimensions but no further. What about other dimensions that we can't see. Oh, and with the sympathising with aliens bit, I agree. (see last 5 mins of Aliens Ressurection to see what I mean.
"An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind" - Gandhi

Offline SteamingBarrel

• TASTY CORN!
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2002, 02:16:35 PM »
i believe in them. Ive heard a ton of stories and stuff. I just wish they would hurry up and make contact with us!
SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK SUPPERSTAR? LIVE LARGE, BIG HOUSE FIVE CARS YOUR IN CHARGE COMING UP IN THE WORLD DONT TRUST NOBODY GOT TO LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER CONSTANTLY...

Offline xv15.

« Reply #27 on: September 1, 2002, 03:21:16 PM »
I'd think most aliens would be insect like, and have varying forms, thats why i love starship troopers, so many different bugs, but then again, there could be reptiles and stuff. Who's to say whats alien? everyone says that they are always an advanced (sometimes frail) race. What if aliens were dumb and a crude probe landed in someones backyard? What if we develop this great space travel technology, find a planet, discover live, but non of it has elevated to be dominant, so its just a madhouse, technically they'd all be aliens, and what if we got a distress probe asking for OUR help? Why is the common depiction that we are the weaklings and they are the strong ones? WHy is it their technology is always so great? WHy are their  heads so big? Maybe the only intelligent life is humanoid, maybe only humans.

I say its possible we are the strong ones!
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Offline S.Z.anD. Falrapax

• The best is yet to come of Falrapax....
« Reply #28 on: September 1, 2002, 05:15:11 PM »
It is not wise to assume aliens don't exist because they haven't found us yet. It's like saying, "I sat down for a nice lobster dinner one evening, but as no lobster crawled up on my plate, lobsters must not exist". Aliens might think there are no aliens because noone has come to them, but here we are!
I have yet to show the world my power....
Saevodian Zephyr Falrapax

The day will come when Falrapax returns
With all his deadly kin
And to avoid his great concerns
Would lead us all to sin

Remembrance of his final glory
In final waking hour
Recounts the tale of his story
And all his waking power

Both demon and man was he,
A breed of forgotten shame
Yet all demon would soon he would be