News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pt army  (Read 2104 times)

Offline LoPaanRe

• World Domination - The Fun Way!
1000pt army
« on: August 9, 2002, 06:46:54 PM »
I was looking for some opinions/suggestions about my 1000pt army. I have bought the models and have 1/2 assembled and painted already, but if anyone has some suggestions i would greatly appreciate it (but no kroot please):

HQ: (294pts)
1 - Commander Shas'o with Missle pod - Plasma rifle - multitracker - HW target lock - HW drone controller - bonded
1 - Shield Drone
2 - Shas'vre with Missle pod - plasma rifle - multitracker

Elites:
1 - Crisis Battlesuit with Flamer - Fusion Blaster - Drone Controller - shield drone (63) <-- opinions please

Troops:
11 Fire warriors + 1 shas'ui with target lock and marker (157)
11 Fire warriors + 1 shas'ui with drone controller and 2 gun drones (162)
11 Fire warriors + 1 shas'ui with drone controller and 2 gun drones (162)

Heavy Support:
1 Hammerhead Gunship with - target array (default) - target lock - disruption pod - multitracker (180)

Total points = 998

its seems solid, but any opinions would be great, perticularly on the single crisis, thanks.

Offline AceV53

Re:1000pt army
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2002, 07:01:14 PM »
I like the list. You made your Crisis Elite a close quarters shooter (well you know that  :)) You'll have to get within 12" of the enemy for any real effectiveness and I think it'll survive long after you get close enough. If you gave some of your troops pulse carbines and they are able to pin some troops (depending on who your fighting) you can pull that Crisis elite up to do damage. Just an idea. By the way what weapons does your hammerhead have? You got a choice between a Railgun or Ion Cannon as a Primary weapon and Two Burst Cannon or 1 Smart Missile system as a Secondary Choice.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline LoPaanRe

« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2002, 08:59:55 PM »
oops, forgot to mention. the hammerhead has a railgun and sms. and I will mainly be playing against eldar and necron players. I don't like the carbines too much just because of their range, and i try to stay away as far as possible. the biggest problem i have been facing is an eldar viper jetbike popping out of cover, shooting, then going back in. if you could think of any good counters, it would be nice as well.

Offline xv15.

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 08:20:11 PM »
ditch the bodyguards and make it a 3 man crisis team, also add decoy launchers to the HH, that way, you move 6" per turn, still have 100% effectivness, and get glancing hits only, and immobilized rolls always have to be re-rolled because it should always get glancing hits only (just move 3" forward then 3" backward if ur happy w/ ur position)
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Offline LoPaanRe

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2002, 10:46:15 PM »
bump!

Callidus

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2002, 11:53:08 PM »
I tend to agree with xv15. Scratch the bodyguard, and make the XV8s a tank hunter team. 1st with twin linked fusion blasters and target lock, 2nd fusion blaster and M pod and 2 gun drones, 3rd (Shas'vre) with twin linked M pods, plasma rifle, HW M tracker and HW target lock. Deep strike them as close to a tank as possible and blast away at the rear armour. Back the twin linked fusion guy up with missles and plasma shots into squads that are too close.

Or you could just turn it into a fire support squad, all with twin linked M pods, and pop them in and out of cover.

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2002, 01:11:06 AM »
3rd (Shas'vre) with twin linked M pods, plasma rifle, HW M tracker and HW target lock.

That team leader needs to ditch one of those h-w systems since he can only have one. I'd recommend giving him a pod, plasma rifle, multi-tracker, and h-w target lock. It's pretty basic but effective.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2002, 01:14:55 AM by Aerundel »

Callidus

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 08:00:58 PM »
My bad. ::)

Offline LoPaanRe

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2002, 09:37:50 PM »
The shas'o with body guards was intented to be the anti-tank team...well anti-heavy armor stuff since I won't be going against too many tanks. The long ranges of the weapons would be quite helpful in keeping my guys out of close combat, along with their jetpacks. I know I am making however, is taking the shield drone off of the shas'o, and adding the decoy launcher. The crisis stuff is still up in the air though. One other option is taking out the lone one I originally posted (with the fusion blaster and flamer) and adding a broadside. Thoughts?

Master Archon

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2002, 10:27:49 PM »
Unless you are going up against a lot of armour, which you said you aren't then I wouldn't bother with the Broadside.  I do have to admit that their power makes me water at the mouth (and I'll admit that I did take 3 in a Battle against Necrons) but they are tank hunters and in battles of 1000 points they never really make up for the points you spend for them.

Offline Aerundel

• My name is Oobedoob Benubi.
    • My BatRep
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2002, 10:37:29 PM »
Actually the broadsides are pretty useful for their smart missile systems. 3 suits would get 12 S5 AP5 24" shots with no LOS needed. Too bad there aren't many markerlight units in that list...that'd be really kool (as in cheesy  ;) ) But yeah, 3 of them would be kinda tight for 1000 points. You could put in stealthsuits  and they could get to the places you can't see  8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2002, 10:44:52 PM by Aerundel »

Offline LoPaanRe

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 01:02:17 PM »
The one thing with the sms on the broadside is that only rarely do I ever get the broadside within 24" of an enemy. I usually deploy the broadside behind the rest of my army so for an enemy to get that close they have to get into range of all my other guns (AKA fire warrior squadrons). However once it is in range its quite useful.