News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Important! New Trading Rules.  (Read 18768 times)

Offline Anivin-ra

• Ancient
  • does this dress make me look fat?
Important! New Trading Rules.
« on: January 17, 2003, 02:04:46 AM »
The forum has been a bit out of sorts for a while, and it is time that stops. Therefore, the rules have been tightened. Please read them.

There will be no trading of illegal contraband or weapons on this forum. Anyone found trading in illegal substances will be banned immediately.
Any weapon (other than a paint gun) is not allowed to be traded that includes BB guns.

After you have finished a trade make sure you lock the thread (using the LOCK TOPIC-button) so that they do not clutter up the boards, and people still think things are up for grabs.

Any posts not confirming to the rules will be deleted without prior warning.

• The subject-line has to include the area where you are looking to trade, sell or buy. If you do not specify you are signalling that you are trading worldwide.
  • The subject-line also has to include usable information about what you are selling/buying/trading.
  • The body of the message has to include a list of goods you are selling/trading/buying. Never post "some ork stuff". Be detailed.
  • If you are selling you have to include an asking-price. Without exception. Never post "make me an offer". Posting a percentage of a retail-price is, I am sad to say, not enough either. You need to simply post the cost, exactly.
  • Posting pictures is appreciated, but not strictly necessary.
  • Posting where one can find references about you is appreciated.
  • You should not start a trade (especially in cash) and then break the deal at the last minute, without a good reason.

Below are some examples

Subject:

AUS: Sell: Eldar: Various items <-- this clarifies that a user from Australia wishes to sell an item, is part of the Eldar range and comprises of various Eldar pieces/models
US: Have: Eldar Warwalker W: Cash or Chaos Marines
Looking for Dwarves for sale <--- clarifies that this is looking for dwarves anywhere, not in any particular area

This is an ok message -

Ok here is what I have to sell ladies and gents.

20 Guardians - good condition / unpainted - around $20
4 Jetbikes - good condition / painted in basic blue and gold, some stands broken off (can be glued back together) -  around $50 (negotiable)
2 Wraithlords - perfect condition / painted professionally in Ulthwe colours - $60 (not negotiable)
3 Dark Reapers - Sealed Blister Pack - $40 or trade for around 6 Eldar Rangers

If you are interested in any of the preceding models or wish to ask any further questions not answered here, please contact myself via my email address:

Blah@Blah.com

Cheers!
Blah

This below is an example of a post that would immediately get deleted.

Have some orks, like 20 warriors and a vehicle. Looking for cash. Make me an offer.

Blah

Regarding trading armies of points values, be aware that armies of the same points values cost differently in money. Also be aware that one of the armies might have the maximum amount of wargear possible, to try and cheat the other out of models. 40konline will take no responsibility for trades in this way. We do, however, suggest you trade armies on how much the cost, in money, rather than points. If you are posting an interest in a trade point for post make sure you post a detailed list and get one back, so that you know what you are getting yourself into.

An added note; please do not post eBay-ads if you have a postcount of less than 50. It will get deleted. This is to prevent people from forming accounts, posting their ad, and then leaving again. Thank you. - Rasmus
« Last Edit: September 7, 2009, 09:57:08 AM by Mr.Peanut »
"old" scorpion tail

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: read before you post
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 02:38:23 AM »
This is added as a safety-tip for all your prospective traders out there.

Due to recent actions by unscrupulous people around the internet, I think it's necessary that everyone have a slight understanding of what to look for when doing business online.

1)  Does the buyer/seller have a good reputation?  If they don't have ANY reputation, most likely it's because they're liars or thieves making new accounts to mask their past.

2)  Does the person have references?  If not, read above.  If they give you eBay usernames, follow them up with contacting the person through that username on eBay.  This will verify their name is really theirs.

3)  Does the person have pictures?  Without pictures, DON'T BUY!  Most likely the transaction will end in you not getting what you wanted, or nothing at all.  With pictures you're gaurenteed to see what you buy first.

4)  If the user uses PayPal, ensure they're verified and have a history with PayPal. 

5)  Always get a full name, address, and phone number, and try to talk to the person on the phone before dealing.  This will put a voice with the person across the country/world.

If you keep these VERY important thoughts in the back of your mind, you should always end a transaction on a good note.  Never deal with people on these forums that have ZERO posts, or low posts.  Never deal with people that only have a hotmail or yahoo e-mail address.  With almost every internet connection on earth you get a free e-mail address or six with them.  If you HAVE to have a real e-mail address, let me know, heck, I can create one for you, as long as you meet the above requirement.

Be safe people, don't get burned like some of us have in recent days.  It just makes me sick to my stomach that jackasses are still out there stealing peoples money and hide behind the internet.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
Re: read before you post or buy
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 04:00:12 AM »
Plese note that if your postcount is less than "50" you may not post eBay-ads or links to such here.
   This is to prevent people from making accounts on 40konline, posting an ad and never returning. Once you have a postcount over 50 you are free to post your ads here. Those who do not have such a postcount will get their ads deleted without prior warning. Thank you for your time.
Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 10:02:16 AM by Rasmus »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
Re: Important! New Trading Rules.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
Why can't I use the PM system?

Members with less than three posts can't send PMs, which is to prevent adbots.  Once you have 3 posts, you move from the usergroup Newest to Newbie and can use the PM system as normal.  Happy posting :) Posts in the Trading Forum, and Both tavern and Tavern Games do not count, and if you spam to make posts, or dig up old posts your account will drop to 0 and you will no longer be able to PM.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
Re: Important! New Trading Rules.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 04:37:07 AM »
One note on emails.

If you post your email-address in a message, openly, like

If you want any of this, email me at blabla@blabla.com

This will get sniffed out by one of the many spiders here, and your address will get an increased load of spam sent to it. That is the harsh reality of the internet. You can sometimes avoid this by being clever, and writing things like

Email me at blabla "squiggle" blabla.com
but just inserting a blank space

mail me at blabla @blabla.com

Normally does not cut it. It is better than you ask people to send you a Private Message and you can exchange email-addresses through that. It is not spidered in the same way.