News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hellfist Tactic (Custom)  (Read 819 times)

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
Hellfist Tactic (Custom)
« on: September 18, 2002, 07:18:58 PM »
I was reading through the War Stores eval on all of the IG tanks.  I am just starting an amored company and took a great interest in this article.  In it (i had known but forgot) that the hellhound can cause an enemy unit to fall back.  Then in the chimera eval, it said it was pretty good to set up cross fire situations.  I imediately set out to create a good tactic to utelize both of these strengths.

Creators Note
I do not suggest this tactic against marines, it just doesnt go right and an entire army of bolters agains your chimera and hell hound is generally unhealthy for them.

Tactic Hellfist

Models required (all on imperial guard list and addons)
1x Hellhound, 1x chimera (if armored company use scout squadron, if regular IG, use armored fist), 1x rhino, 1x DeathWatch Kill Team (5-10 marines, i suggest about 7, vary on enemy army, equip for assualt)

Turn One of Tactic Hellfist
Move Rhino and Chimera towards enemy point you wish to set up a cross fire situation.  If possible, disimbark marines and get them into assualt asap.  Protect that chimera.  Assualt a unit that will threaten the chimera and Hellhound the most.

Turn Two of Tactic Hellfist
Move Hellhound towards unit that the chimera is behind.  Move the Rhino behind a nother squad just like the chimera.
Example: C is chimera, E's are the enemy squad members, H is the hell hound

C

E           E        E           E      
            E            E              E
           E                    E            

H

You should be able to fire the inferno cannon, do so.  Hopefully you will cause a casualty and cause the enemy squad to fall back and be destroyed by the awaiting chimera.  

Turn 4 of Tactic Hellfist
Move Hellhound to the squad the rhino is behind and do the same thing.

This tactic may be stretched into three turns, with the chimera moving in the second turn and the hellhound comming in at the third.  

Add a low armored and undergunned army and have fun!