News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1700 Orks vs Eldar  (Read 4560 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
1700 Orks vs Eldar
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:21:10 PM »
Hey guys, this is just a mini batrep of a recent games as it actually turned into a pretty good blood bath, and it was 2 hours of pure fun. (Had camera with me, so I will let the pics do most of the talking).

Here are the Orks assembled for battle (note that one unit is painted, and the rest are in the works)

135 Warboss on bike, pk, cybork, stikkb's...
125 Big Mek, pk, cybork, eavy armour, KFF...
660 Nob Bikers (10); lots of different gear to get all the cool bonuses.
152 Slugga's (12) in truck; pk nob with pole, and red paint.
157 Shoota’s (12) in truck; p knob with pole, big shoota, and red paint.
141 Shoota’s (16); p knob with pole, big shoota.
205 Deffkopta’s (4); TL-rokkits and 1 buzzsaw.
125 Battlewagon; Deffrolla, 2 big shoota’s and red paint.

Here are the Eldar assembled for battle.

130 Autarch on bike, LL, Mand..
130 Farseer on bike, Fortune, RoWard.
380 Warlocks (8) on bikes, 1 enhance, 1 embolden.
108 Fire Dragons (6); Ex with DBF.
180 Falcon; EML, HF, and Stones.
92 Dire Avengers (6); Ex with Dual Cats and BS.
145 Serpent with TL-BL`s and stones.
152 Dire Avengers (10); Ex with Dual Cats and BS.
145 Serpent with TL-BL`s and stones.
127 Stormies (11); 2 flamers, warlock has destructor.
110 Serpent with Cannons and Stones.

Eldar lost the roll and were forced into first turn of a 4 Mission Objective game with Spear head deployment. Here is what they looked like set-up.

The Orks were in it for fun, so here what they looked like set-up (before scout move)

Orks failed to steal the Initiative; but the Deffkopta`s used turbo during their scout move to get into position north of the main ork army.

Turn 1.
The Eldar were very carefull with their JB Council; but the rest advanced and opened fire as they could… the 10 DA got out of their serpent and pounded the Kopta`s with a BS action and 27/32 shots hitting… only 2 kopta`s went down though and the remaining 2 stood their ground. All other shooting went into the ork vehicles; but the KFF get them all safe from damage. The orks responded with some movement forward.. the shoota’s disembarked from their trukk, unloaded into the DA, and killed 6/10 outright; but the Eldar stood their ground, the Deffkopta’s shot the DA serpent and then assaulted it driving their buzzsaw right into the heart of its engines to explode it.

Turn 2.
The Eldar respond by remaining cautious with their JB Council; but the stormies pop forward to annihilate the Shoota’s, In other shooting the BL Serpent blows up the Slugga Trukk, and the 4 remaining DA try to kill the Deffkopta’s but fail to do much.. so they assault as well… the DA don’t do so well in assault and get run down for their efforts.\
The Orks respond by going nuts (seriously their general threw caution to the wind)… Tank shoking with a trukk; while the Eldar simply get out of its way…  advancing on all fronts, calling a waagh, and then having the Slugga’s trip over their own feet while fleeting so they could not assault… the Deffkopta goes into the Eldar JB Coucnil on its own, and gets hammered accordingly…

Turn 3.
The Eldar rush forward now to engage the Orks on their own terms… The FD’s blow up the Trukk, and the rest of the shooting goes into the Nob Bikers (kills 2.5)… while the Council set up to assault… in assault the Council flubs as the autarch fails horribly and the farseer is not in BtB so he can’t even fight… the nobs take a few wounds here and there.. but the combat is a draw. … Oh the Battle wagon got blown up by the DA serpents BL’s as well, while its 6 DA waste the  Slugga squad in shooting.….
The Orks rush forward to get as many boys fighting as possible… Everyone is in to it with the JB Council and the combat actually goes in favour of the orks as a few Eldar die (actually remembered to use the Waagh Banner this turn, which helped).

Turn 4.
The Eldar fight on, regrouping their outside units to prepare to help.. in CC the Farseer gets pounded into the earth as well as the Autarch, and a couple Warlocks and nobs…
The Orks fight on (what else can they do) and they finish off the Council.

Turn 5.
The Eldar send in some stormies to remove an Ork Shoota issue in the center, while the rest of their shooting works on killing more Nobs.
The Orks set up to multi assault as the Warboss does in the Stormies, and the Nob squad explode a Serpent and wreck the Falcon.

Score is Eldar 1, Ork 0

Turn 6.
The Eldar retaliate and have the FD’s and remaining DA do a number on the Nobs… while their last Serpent tries to plug the Warboss.
The orks carry on, having the nobs waste the DA, while the Warboss only manages to shake the serpent (shoulda, tried for the FD’s)/

Score is Eldar 0, Orks 1.

Turn 7.
The FD’s finish off the nobs and the orks chances for scoring with their FD firing squad.
The Warboss ignores the serpent and jumps on the FD’s killing 3…

Score,… Eldar 0, Orks 0… Thus it’s a Draw…. So on to Kill Points to decide; wow, both armies took out 9 KP’s from the other as well, and in the end only 5 figures remained on the table. A true Draw… Loads of fun as the game swung form side to side.

Thanks Th0r for gaming vs me, and bringing your Eldar…. They are very similar to my own lists, and you actually played a much better game than I did, so good luck this weekend in the tournie. I also want to thank GW Halifax for providing the location for the game and such a great table once again. Cheers guys, your the best GW staff that I have had the pleasure to meet.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:04:29 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline mafty

• BANNED
Re: 1700 Orks vs Eldar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
nice bat rep, seer council seemed extremely fragile there, died awfully fast. seemed like a good match, very even it seemed

Offline Ishan

• Imperial Guard - Once you have it, you love it
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »
Very nice battle report. I don't know how closer you can get to a draw then that  :D

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »
Well I would have thought that the council could have done a little more than that, but the luck of the dice just wasn't there.

I do have a question though.
Moc, why are they Blue?  I thought you were a Siam Hann player till death?

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline mafty

• BANNED
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »
Well I would have thought that the council could have done a little more than that, but the luck of the dice just wasn't there.

I do have a question though.
Moc, why are they Blue?  I thought you were a Siam Hann player till death?

Peace
~OD

i think hes playing ork here

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:16:53 AM »
I am a Saim-Hann player as the Saim-Hann (and Eldar in general) will always rule...

But... I also play 5 other armies as they help me to better learn the game, base tactics, etc... In this game I was helping a friend prepare for a tournie, as both lists have a bit of power gamer built into them. I have used my Saim-Hann tournie list vs this and other simular Ork lists and had the JB council do much better; and I did speak to Th0r about his potential after the game.

Note to tactics... I made more mistakes than Th0r, as I am not accomplished with Orks... but in regard to the style of play to beat down a nob biker list.... ignor most other things early on, use your Insta Kill weapons to hammer the nob bikers... Th0r used much of his Brightlance, Pulse, and EML shooting on my vehicles for the first two rounds, where he could have bagged a couple/few nob bikers... the Kustom Force Field negated a lot of his shoting vs Vehicles, and thus he ran into 9/11 bikers where he could of been facing maybe 6-7/11 and that many fewer return attakc on his JB Council. Also note that this is probably one of the only mistakes that Th0r made in the game, he was winning at the end of Turn 5 (most tournies end here due to time), and that he was facing a general of equal caliber.

Thanks for the comments guys, and feel free to fire more questions etc at me as I love to discuss tactics etc...

PS... they are Bluu In Da Phaes, as they have been screaming (till their "bluu in da Phaes") their Waagh since 3rd Ed; these are just the newly revised figures I converted, and am painting.

Cheers

Offline Joshiantor 98

• Ork Boy
  • Gir now also dances better than you!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »
Fun battle rep and good pics. I got a question for the ork player were those deffkoptas black reach ones and if so how did you get/model the sweet buzzsaw

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »
That entire army is AoBR stuff except for: the trukks, the battlewagon, and the one squad of old Goeff Orks...

Buzzsaw the moc way.

Go through your bits and grab some sort of mechanical arm... I used one of the Deffkopta rotor bits that I chopped off of the kopta's to make them into Nob Bikers... I then got a piece of plastic card and drew out a circle on it... cut it to shape and marked it into 6 equal size pie slices... cut out the teeth and then extended one tooth in each section to make it as you see it... The saw actually spins as I also added a bolt looking bit to keep it from falling off... and it all took about 5 minutes to do, as I used tin snips to cut the teeth, drilled the long tooth end marks, and then simply joined them with an exacto knife... here are some more views of it.

I hope that helps you out...

cheers

Offline Joshiantor 98

• Ork Boy
  • Gir now also dances better than you!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 04:31:05 AM »
Very useful thank you  :)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »
That entire army is AoBR stuff except for: the trukks, the battlewagon, and the one squad of old Goeff Orks...

After reading this I took a little look at that Ork army again and noticed how interesting those Nob Bikers were looking.  I know I'd like a closer looksee at this konversion of Koptaz to Nob Bikers of yours.

Kudos on the Buzzsaw by the way, its fantastic!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Nice Battle Report Moc.  Its nice to see that you still find time to game even while devoting more time to your family.  It gives me hope about finding time to game myself after I get home from Iraq.  ;)

I recall the great conversion work you showed me via PM of your orks... its nice to see them in action finally.  My stuff's all sitting at home now, waiting on me to come home and get back to work.  ;)
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys, and due to popular demand, I did a page on the army itself...

Here is a Linky tp the thread on the army itself... I put most stuff in there, and link to Batreps. etc..

Cheers.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:09 PM »
Its been a while since I headed the Batrep Board's ways, I'm glad to find some good one in there...

In any case, a good battle report moc, lots of action, I liked the wild action you had there. A very nice Draw if I may say so. :)

Keep 'em coming!

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
Very nice Batrep and beautiful-looking armies, there, guys.  Thanks for posting it Moc.

It's very nice to see simple konversions that look so awesome.  :)

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.