News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153865 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #680 on: June 30, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »
*URGENT*   Any recent promotions to Nob or Ork Elite need to check your PM and get back to me by Monday July 1! Stop slacking guys.

On a side  note the Gitz it Done Event is going really well with a lot of great work.  Make sure to stop on by and check it out.   

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #681 on: July 2, 2012, 10:33:17 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE is updated. Lots of teef earned this last week. Good Stuff!

Now some teef are not credited yet as I am waiting on reports from the other bosses on who gets how much. Adamscurr has reported so teef earned from the "nit of the Month" thread are credited to your accounts. When I get the reports from the other bosses I will add the teef your accounts and that means you won't see it until the next update.

As always if I missed any toof earning activity, just send me a PM and I will get your account updated tooty sweety.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #682 on: July 2, 2012, 01:01:06 PM »
Right ladz, I've post'd up a video bat-rep of me boyz first outing in the new world of 6th Edition.

We waz fighting them red beaky's but to suprise them I captured some 'uman women and forced there husbands to fight alongside us (luckily there husbands were members of the local imperial guard and not farmers).

I won't tell you who won, but remember Orks never lose :D

Here's da linky to me battle rep page:
Team Clueless Battle reports - First in 6th edition - BA vs Orks

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #683 on: July 2, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
So the Junkyard Gitz it Done event is finished.   The teef scoring is posted up....   

Congrats to all.   Stop by and check out some great work by your fellow orks.

The Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #684 on: July 2, 2012, 07:24:22 PM »
June was without a doubt a big month!  Many of us got some shiny new flyers, some crazy last 5th Edition games in, and of course theres the debut of 6th.

For those of you with those new edition blues, I'd like to point you to the WotW's July Ork Fiction Contest headed up by our own Master of Molars Skeetergod.  (I just might join in on the new edition woes after getting and reading the book)

So if you are just an Orkscribe, or need that distraction from 6th Edition try and write up some of your armies fluff, I know I'm looking forward to reading about some Nobz.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #685 on: July 9, 2012, 08:00:06 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE is updated.

Lots of good toof earning activity this last week, and congrats to CheesyRobMan for no longer being a naked ork, he now has his kustom mega blasta and some armor too, make sure to check out the first page of this thread to see his shiny new stuff.

Now that the holiday is over, and we have all had a chance to read the new rules, lets get stuck in. I would like to see lots of battle reports showing how the orks are just krumping fools. Also as a reminder there is a fiction contest this month, and the unit of the month thread is trucks transports. Make sure you check them out and show off what you have.

Lots of good stuff, lets see some more good stuff.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline The True Flop

• Makin it orky...
  • Armies: None yet :(
« Reply #686 on: July 15, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »
I'm just now getting into the game, only have 5th edition books for the time being, and no models to speak of yet.

...This makes me sound very sad, haha

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #687 on: July 16, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated. Make sure you all head on over to the first page and look at adamscurr's new bike.

The Burna Boy Tactica:  At This Link has been updated for 6th edition. You will see that the burna boys are still a great unit, and got even a bit better with these new rules. I will work on the Green Baron tactica and get it updated soon, I also have a Flash Gitz tactica planned as well.

Welcome to The True Flop, your name has been added to the bank account, and I am sure that Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to add you to the rolls. You will see your name there on the next update (Mondays) so make sure to get stuck in with some activities and earn some teef.

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity just let me know, and I will get your account updated tootie sweetie.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #688 on: July 17, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »
I've thrown up a new battle report featuring some mighty Orks, see this 'ere thread:

Team Clueless Battle reports - SM & IG VS Orks & CSM 1500pts (Updated 17/7/12)

How it might be the freeboota in me trying to make a grab for a few teeth but am I eligible as even though I made the battle rep I wasn't playing the Orks in (I was killing them  ;))?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #689 on: July 17, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »
Sorry WisdomLS, teef are for orks. If you go to the Bank Account at this link and read a bit, you will see that teef are awarded to orks for doing ork things about orks, for orks and by orks.

Non ork activity is verging on sacrilegious, and once we find out where the ork inquisition has gone off to, we will anonymously inform them of your non orkish behavior.  ???

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #690 on: July 19, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »
Our local club forum is putting together a 6th-ed summary for each race and of course I've volunteered for the Orks. Am I OK to copy and paste some of the stuff from the tactics threads here?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #691 on: July 19, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »
@ The true flop, welcome aboard.   Now let's see if you can earn that t-shirt.

Sorry WisdomLS, teef are for orks. 

Non ork activity is verging on sacrilegious, and once we find out where the ork inquisition has gone off to, we will anonymously inform them of your non orkish behavior.  ???
[/quote

Ork inquisition nothing...   i would be more worried about that thump of the boss pole bearing down upon ya.   

In all honesty though since I am holding off til the boxed set to get into 6th edition, I have been working on a few other armies as well.   Once I read up on 6th edition I will figure out the best way to build / magnatize my dakka jet.   Currently I am pretty fixed on the idea of building it as a dakka jet yet magnatizing the big rockets so I can play it as a fighta bomba in apocalypse.   I don't want to use the skorcha rokkits for the model unless I have to as I have other plans for them.   But I guess I could always magnatize them so they work on either model.   

Our local club forum is putting together a 6th-ed summary for each race and of course I've volunteered for the Orks. Am I OK to copy and paste some of the stuff from the tactics threads here?

I would recommend posting it in a new post.  If you post it here when we get to the next page it will be lost and hard to reference.   In a new post we could add it to our tactics section and I could link it.   Not to mention if it is really good, I would reccommend publishing it as we have not had an ork article in awhile, and I know the editors would be itching to get their teef into some ork articles.   

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #692 on: July 20, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
Ok...  In real life I'm currently working on a doctoral degree, so I have a little insight into citation...  If it is posted to the internet, it is considered public information and you can cite it even without permission.  Think about academic journals.  Once it's out there, it's free game...  So, you can use the information here without the consent of the original author.  However, you should give due credit to the site, so write a citation like this.

WOTW. (date). (name of article or thread). Retrieved from (cut and paste link) 

You in text citation should look like this...

Skeetergod (WOTW, 2012) commented that the kult of speed is superior to all other typical ork list variants.

Adam

Technically, Skeetergod's comments are what you are citing in my example, but since you are going to using entire threads, putting WOTW as the author is appropriate...

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #693 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:47 PM »
I notice that the Ork artillery pieces (Lobba, Kannon, Zzap gun) have been removed from the product listing on GW's site - perhaps they're being redone in plastic?  *hopes*
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #694 on: July 21, 2012, 06:00:57 AM »
Sorry Robman they're in today's FineCast release
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #695 on: July 21, 2012, 06:35:02 AM »
Ah, so they are. Well, the FW ones are an even better deal than they were...

Also, £15 for a Meganob?!  :o

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #696 on: July 23, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated, some teef earned this week but otherwise a slow week.

Stuff is going on, and soon there will be some large amounts of teef being awarded. Make sure you get to the Unit of The Month thread and the July Fiction Contest thread and get stuck in. Clock is ticking, so if you want some more teef you need to get round to it.

Once again I must chide all you naked orks out there. You have no kit, so you are walking around out there with just your bare knuckles. That is ok, as we do need orks to go through the minefields, so those without kit will get sent to the minefields.  ;) 
     Check out the first page of this thread and look next to your name on the unit roster, you will see those of us who have kit and those who are minefield workers.
     Then look at the Bank Account and if you have enough teef get yourself some kit, if you don't have enough teef then do something to earn some, and then get some kit.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #697 on: July 30, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated, a fairly calm week before the storm.

The tactica on the green baron go HERE has been updated for 6th edition, he is still a great addition to the army, but now has to compete with jets  ::)

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity, just let me know and I will get your account updated tootie sweetie.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #698 on: August 2, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
My Dread Mob is officially finished - in 3000pts Apocalypse mode   ;D

We have a Meka-Dread, a SAG Mek, 3 lots of Spanna boyz in scrap trukks, 6 Deff Dreads, 9 Killa Kans, a Lifta Wagon, a Big Trakk with flakka-gunz and lots of extra dakka, 3 Deffkoptas, and of course Da Menace, my Stompa.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #699 on: August 2, 2012, 01:40:34 PM »
Good looking army Cheesy...  I'm envious!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!