News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 176277 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 19, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
Hello one and all, I have returned from vacation and am well rested and refreshed. Unlike last year which was a script for a Lifetime movie, this year was just a great time. Except for the two tick bites things were just wonderful.

You can see pictures at the Orks on Vacation thread. I think I posted it in the right place, if not I am sure the mods will move it. Here is a teaser for you:

(hint; click on picture for full size view)

Ginger farseer, your name has been added to the Bank Account (you can see it on the first page of this thread) and it will appear as soon as I do the next update. Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK Where you will see some good stuff. Then, for some more good stuff, check out the Thread of Lists to find out a bit on some successful lists.

I will browse around some more today and see if there was any toof earning activity, and I will get the Bank Account updated sometime tomorrow.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline DazednConfuzed

• *Me NOT that kind of Ork!*
« Reply #601 on: March 22, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
Sigh me up fer da Waaagh!!!  ;D

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2012, 12:46:46 AM »
I think I will be the first to welcome you. Welcum to da WAAAGH!

I hope you find your fellow ork players here as insightful as I have. They are a virtual treasure trove of knowledge and experience.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2012, 05:19:02 AM »
Welcome to the new orks! :)  Hope you find this place as useful and fun as I do.

@Skeetergod - we can't be that far off a Green Tide now, surely?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
DazednConfused; welcome to the Green Side your name has been added to the Bank Account and you will see it there on the next update (Mondays).

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

I am sure that AOD will be along shortly to also welcome you to the Way of The Waagh.

CheeseyRobMan; we are now at 94 members, only 6 short of a Green Tide. Green

Maybe that means that this summer we will be able to wage waagh on the other forums and krump some stuff and find some new trophies.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #605 on: March 24, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »
Ginger Farseer and DazednConfuzed welcome aboard.   I hope you find the green horde to your liking.   

On a bit of a side note, I am fully back from vacation, though I didn't take my orks with me like Skeet did.  I am still catching up on some of the posts on the ork forum so bear with me.  As always if anyone sees anything that looks out of place on the WotW board send me a PM.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #606 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
I hereby proclaim the heroes of my Waaagh!   ;D

I finally got round to adding trophies to the bases of a couple of my Orks who have achieved mighty victories on the battlefield. Firstly my MegaBoss/Ghaz:

He now has a Berserker helmet on his base, in commemoration of a game where he and his MegaNob retinue krumped their way through 5 normal Chaos Marines, 10 Chosen, 10 Berserkers, and a Predator all by themselves (well, the Predator had been immobilised, but it was otherwise fully functional).

Secondly, my Big Mek with SAG:

He now has a Nurgle Terminator helmet on his base, in commemoration of the last game I played where a superb SAG shot wiped out Typhus and a 10-man Terminator squad all in one go (double 6 for Strength!) on turn 2. He made something like 7 times his own points value with one shot   :)

Do you add trophies to your models? I used to have an Eldar army and one of the Guardians got smashed apart when a Dreadnought fell on her - she was surgically reassembled with superglue and I gave her a marking for receiving wounds in action  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #607 on: March 29, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
I'm new to all this posting and replying on this forum.  Couple of questions:

1) How do you sign up/join the WotW?

2)Are you invited to join or is there a link for joining?

Thanks

O E N
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #608 on: March 29, 2012, 03:36:53 PM »
1) How do you sign up/join the WotW?

2)Are you invited to join or is there a link for joining?

1) To sign up, all you do is post that you want to join the WotW on this page.   Fairly easy.   To join there is a prospect or probationary period in which the warboss council reviews your posts and activity and then there is a secret vote in which one is voted in after a period of time.

2)  Sometimes we invite people to join and sometimes we are lucky enough that people find their way to the greatest ork board on the WWW.   Either way, new prospects go thru the same process as mentioned above.   

Welcome to being a prospect...    :)

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
« Reply #609 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »
Hey guys wanted to check in since I haven't been as active as I have been in the past. I have been moving and finding space for all the figures is difficult (currently not in my own place). When I am all settled I will be doing a lot of production focused around the greenest meanest things in the Universe! I'll try to check in more but wanted to let you guys know I haven't dropped out.
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #610 on: March 30, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »
Ork E Nuff, welcome to the Green side. Your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there on the next update (mondays) make sure you read the first page of this thread as it has a lot of good stuff that you will want to know, as well as the bank account.

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Again, welcome to the Waagh

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #611 on: April 2, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
The Bank Account: HERE has been updated.

We are now at 95 members and on our third page, woot, good stuff! Only 5 more members from a Green Tide!

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity, simply send me a PM and I will get your account updated tootie sweetie (for all you new orks; thats French for "Right Quick").

Offline Severyn

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Orks, Tau
« Reply #612 on: April 4, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
Hey all, new Ork player here who wants to be added to da WAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!

Just started assembling the beautiful beginnings of a Speed Freakz army over the last 3 weeks or so and it's pretty safe to say the Ork addiction is flowing through my blood veins vigorously.

At any rate, I will share some pictures once I start painting in the weeks/months to come!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #613 on: April 4, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »
Severyn; welcome to the Green Side and the best ork forum on the www.  Your name has been added to the bank account, and you will see it there on the next update (Mondays).

Make sure to read the first page of this thread, it has lots of good info and the all important newbie FAQ (the real questions asked, not the GW FAQ). Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Ork Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Welcome to the WoTW and I am really glad to have another Speed Freak Kult of Speed member on the forum. I am sure Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly and add you to the roll call.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #614 on: April 5, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
Ork E Nuff and Severyn welcome aboard.   Hopefully you will live long enough to earn your t-shirt.   Make sure to check out the top of the first page for more vital ork information.   It's good to be green.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #615 on: April 7, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
Our club had a mini tournament today - 3 games at 850pts each. After experimenting with a trukk list, I fell back on my trusty Dread Mob  :D   sadly, for a couple of reasons*, we didn't get time for the third game, but both myself and our resident Nid player won both the games we played, so the decider is in a week's time.

Game 1 - vs Imperial Guard. Annihilation/Pitched Battle.

I took a few losses in the slog across the table, but once the Dreads hit his tanks it was pretty much over. The terrain, and some horrible rolling, also did not help my opponent.

Result - Ork Victory!  (9-6 killpoints)

Game 2 - vs Grey Knights. Capture & Control/Dawn of War.

After playing the same opponent last week and sending a full Terminator squad and Typhus into the warp with a SAG Mek, the first thing he did was send an Eversor assassin to kill said Mek, which happened in turn 2. His Dreadknight deep-strike-mishapped twice and died on the second one. He also brought a squad of 10 Death Cult Assassins which did horrible things to one of the Boyz units, so I boxed them in with empty Trukks to stop them getting to my other squad on my objective  :D  Deff Dreads krumped the unit who were holding his objective, leaving it unclaimed.

Result - Ork Victory!  (1-0 objectives)

Game 3 has been delayed and will be against a Nid list which I know includes a Tervigon, lots of Termagants, a Trygon and a Mawloc, and possibly some Genestealers, not sure. I'm on call for work that day but if they leave me alone then I'll be there and hopefully make it 3 in a row.

*The reasons we didn't start on time were that a) the organiser was really late, and b) another of the guys brought down a huge bitz/models box and told us to dig in, take what we wanted, and leave an appropriate donation. I did rather well from that too   8)

Offline Nemo vas Varya

• Ork Yoof
  • Keelah se'lai
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Eldar, Dark Angels, and High Elves
« Reply #616 on: April 8, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »
It has been suggested I post here about joining the WoTW.. so hey everyone!
Tali: Shepard! Want a drink?

Shepard: So… how are you getting drunk, anyway?

Tali: Very carefully. Turian brandy… tripled filtered and introduced into the suit through this… emergency induction port.

Shepard: That’s a straw, Tali.

Tali: Emergency. Induction. Port.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #617 on: April 8, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
Welcome CommissarNemoVarya to the Green side  ;D

Your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there on the next update. (Mondays) Angel of Death 007 will be along shortly to add you to the rolls.

Again welcome to the best ork forum of the entire www.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #618 on: April 9, 2012, 03:54:28 AM »
Battle reports (with pictures) for the games I mentioned previously are here.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #619 on: April 9, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »
The Bank Account: HERE is updated, some good stuff going on, batreps,  and some new members, lots of good stuff!

We are now at 97 members, only three away from a full green tide 

Now that summer is here we should get really active. Make sure you get in on the Unit of The Month thread, pictures will earn teef. Good Stuff going on there!

As always, if I missed any toof earning activity just send me a PM and I will get your account updated tooty sweety.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2012, 01:39:05 PM by SKEETERGOD »